Trump To Permit Citizens To Buy Army Surplus Pistols For Cheap

Reptile

NES Member
Program will save military $200,000 a day

President Trump will sign the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) which contains an amendment that allows U.S. citizens to purchase the popular 1911 pistols from the U.S. Army.

It currently costs the U.S. military about $2 a day to store one pistol, with an estimated 100,000 1911s being stored, according to the International Business Times,

Selling the .45 ACP M1911A1 pistols to the public will recoup the $200,000 expenditure by the military, and possibly even profit from it.

The pistol was invented in 1911 and is a semiautomatic weapon that became popular during World War One.

As Breitbart’s AWR Hawkins reports, “the 1911 is one of the most popular handguns ever developed. It is valued for military use, home defense, self-defense, and concealed carry. Although the military’s 1911s were made by Colt, citizens have long been purchasing civilian models from Colt as well. These range from the basic government model to 1911s with finely tuned triggers and target barrels that allow for incredible accuracy in competitive shooting.”

The sales will occur under the sponsorship of the Civilian Marksmanship Program, which has been selling approved military surplus weapons to U.S. citizens for over 100 years.

In addition to the M1911A1, the M1911 pistol, the M–1 Garand, and .22 rimfire rifles will also be up for grabs when they are sold in 2018.

https://www.infowars.com/trump-to-permit-citizens-to-buy-army-surplus-pistols-for-cheap/

It's not $2 a day per pistol. It's $2 a day to store all of them... But infowars, so lets not quibble over facts I suppose, lest the scum bonded warehouses decide to use this as an excuse to raise the rates.

wasn't there a thread here recently stating the price is expected to be ~ $1k? if I were a milsurp guy i'd probably take a big gulp and pony up the money but i'm not.....so idunno.

I wonder if Pres. Trump will reverse the Obama ban on reimporting all of those Korean M1 Carbines? That's if Korea hasn't already disposed of them. And ammunition. Isn't there a large amount of Lend Lease ammunition being held somewhere? Or did I dream that?

I wonder if Pres. Trump will reverse the Obama ban on reimporting all of those Korean M1 Carbines? That's if Korea hasn't already disposed of them. And ammunition. Isn't there a large amount of Lend Lease ammunition being held somewhere? Or did I dream that?
something tells me s. korea might be needin' those after all.

I'd love to see cheap Milsurp 7.62x54r spam cans coming in from Ukraine again... another thing Obama screwed up!

When I first started accumulating MilSurps, you could get single spam cans of 7.63x54r for $30.00. If you bought both of the cans in the crate, you got the can opener for free!

I'd love to see cheap Milsurp 7.62x54r spam cans coming in from Ukraine again... another thing Obama screwed up!

"For cheap" - I'm pretty sure the head of the CMP already said when/if they see the light of day they'll start at $1000 for the field (lowest) grade. Not sure I'd call that "for cheap."

Wasn't this originally approved back in 2015 when President Obama signed the 2016 NDAA? Then they never got around to actually doing anything but hand about 8,300 of them out to police departments...

While a pre-1945 government issue M1911A1 is a cool piece of history, that price is tough to justify.

If I remember correctly there was a 10K limit per year or something along those lines. If so I'll let the first run pass to see what is actually being sold. If they are POS, then I didn't waste my money.

It's not $2 a day per pistol. It's $2 a day to store all of them... But infowars, so lets not quibble over facts I suppose, lest the scum bonded warehouses decide to use this as an excuse to raise the rates.
"The sale of the weapons at a discounted rate to civilians helps raise money for the military as well as saving cash for the government who spend $2 a year to store one pistol, and with a supply of around 100,000 currently in storage, the savings are significant."

from the source of the article:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/black-frid...ll-m1911-pistols-general-public-cheap-1648787

I'd rather spend $1000 on a Kimber than buy a milsurp 1911.

Actually, I'd rather buy a TT-33, a P-64, an 1895 Nagant, and a Mosin than the Kimber.

Plus $730/yr to allow them to exist. LOL

It's like the $10,000 hammer and $7,200 toilet seat the Military buys.

The cost is $2 per year per gun.

Well then the savings are NOT significant. LOL Hell, when someone tells me Congressman Scumbag or whomever wasted $12 million, it barely raises my eyebrow. At $18T in debt, an extra couple-million isn't significant. It's like me owing Blockbuster 12c.

I got a nice shooting M1 from CMP when I lived in NC some years ago. Paid about half what they are asking for the 1911s.

I'm not a 1911 guy but im guessing these are not on the approved list.

I got a nice shooting M1 from CMP when I lived in NC some years ago. Paid about half what they are asking for the 1911s.

I'm not a 1911 guy but im guessing these are not on the approved list.

They're not.
A MA resident can buy one if they have a C&R license, but there's a catch... the CMP has already said that they
won't ship these to an 03 FFL, but they will ship them to an 01 FFL, only problem with that is that because
they're not on the approved list, they can't sell them in this state even if it's to an 03 FFL.

Good/bad news is that effective 2021 (or 2020, I don't recall which one, but someone here will),
the 01's will be able to sell them to a C&R license holder only.

CMP used to offer "cheap" guns; now they are priced much closer to market. My guess is they will declare the old 1911s to have collector value (no doubt true in some cases) and price these "cheap" 1911's higher than the shop price for a quality second tier brand 1911 like S&W, Remington, Sig, AutoOrd, etc.

Back
Top Bottom