• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trump gun control, update post 529 Trump No Longer Backing “Red Flag” Law, Background Check Changes

This seems logical on paper but you have to remember the leftys/antis are never going to be satisfied until they eat the whole damn pie. Mass shootings/killings are not going to stop regardless of any law that gets passed because you cant legislate away mentally ill individuals.

Lets say somehow UBCs and an AWB get passed in the near future. The antis are not going to high 5 each other and go home. Rest assured they will continue their campaign until we need background checks to buy kitchen appliances. That's why they cant be given an inch, they're coming for the whole pie anyway. "Assault weapons" are just the low hanging fruit they're trying to harvest today. Next will come federal gun registration, because needing to know who has what is just "common sense gun safety". We all know what comes after that.
That's all true, but the point is to contain the explosion when they take power in the future
Red flag laws are a recipe for complete break down of society.

Which is exactly what the left want.
It would basically be legalized SWATing.

"HELLO 911! MY NEIGHBOR, I HEARD HIM SAYING HE THOUGHT ALIENS CRASH LANDED AT ROSWELL IN 1947. HE'S A CONSPIRACY THEORIST TERRORIST NUT WITH GUNS! TAKE THEM AWAY BEFORE HE KILLS!!!

Here is the problem with this T-Unit guy. He’s not unique. I’ve been bothered recently reading so many anti constitution and anti human rights posts. I’m going to go so far as to say that 4 out of 5 NESers aren’t really pro 2A. They’re just pro whatever gun they own is. It’s a sad state of affairs we find ourselves in.
The only gun control thing I can agree with is the semi auto rifle age restriction, beyond that there's noting else gun control I support. I'm reading that Trump wants UBC's now... none of these mass shooters are buying guns without a background check, I mean FFS the Sutherland Springs church shooter was a PP but because the Air Force didn't send the info to the FBI for NICS (go figure, federal employees not doing their job) he was able to buy the guns.

When it comes to UBC, I don't know of many people who are willing to sell a gun they own to someone they don't personally know.

The only gun control thing I can agree with is the semi auto rifle age restriction, beyond that there's noting else gun control I support.
And that right there is exactly the kind of bullshite that got us where we are now since 1934.
Dumb, ignorant, self-serving, and thoughtless allowance of erosion of rights by people like you.

The only gun control thing I can agree with is the semi auto rifle age restriction, beyond that there's noting else gun control I support. I'm reading that Trump wants UBC's now... none of these mass shooters are buying guns without a background check, I mean FFS the Sutherland Springs church shooter was a PP but because the Air Force didn't send the info to the FBI for NICS (go figure, federal employees not doing their job) he was able to buy the guns.

When it comes to UBC, I don't know of many people who are willing to sell a gun they own to someone they don't personally know.
So, you support banning guns. You’re only willing to go this far for now. But in the future you’ll roll for other restrictions. And long as they don’t affect you. Wonderful. You’re not on my team. OUT!

Second, you obviously have never taken advantage of the classifieds here at NES. Plenty of people willing to sell guns to strangers Andy check your LTC while doing it.

You’re the problem in this country. The leftist gun grabbing ban happy dipshits are easy to spot. You hide among us. Rights for some but not others.

And that right there is exactly the kind of bullshite that got us where we are now since 1934.
Considering what the Anti's want, which it total bans on semi autos for everyone forever... I don't think my idea is as bad as you think. We have the potential to lose a lot more if the Democrat base gets further motivated by Republican failures and perceived half measures.

I can already tell we're going to lose all semi automatics by 2030 because of the sheer stubbornness the pro gun community is displaying. Thanks guys, you're our own worst enemy.

So, you support banning guns. You’re only willing to go this far for now. But in the future you’ll roll for other restrictions. And long as they don’t affect you. Wonderful. You’re not on my team. OUT!

Second, you obviously have never taken advantage of the classifieds here at NES. Plenty of people willing to sell guns to strangers Andy check your LTC while doing it.

You’re the problem in this country. The leftist gun grabbing ban happy dipshits are easy to spot. You hide among us. Rights for some but not others.
I'm trying to contain and the limit the damage here, sitting behind a keyboard acting like John Wayne saying, "UR NEVR GONNA GIT MUH AR!" is the exact stereotype every Anti and independent voter sees. They look at the resistance to ANY gun restriction measure and see we're unreasonable.

If you don't think the Democrats won't ever take control of the house, senate, and executive branch again and won't ban all semi auto's, you're wrong.

And if you think we're that ever to happen, Republicans would overturn those laws once they get in office. The Repubs are the Do Nothing party, they do not change anything that came before them.

I'm trying to contain and the limit the damage here, sitting behind a keyboard acting like John Wayne saying, "UR NEVR GONNA GIT MUH AR!" is the exact stereotype every Anti and independent voter sees. They look at the resistance to ANY gun restriction measure and see we're unreasonable.

If you don't think the Democrats won't ever take control of the house, senate, and executive branch again and won't ban all semi auto's, you're wrong.

And if you think we're that ever to happen, Republicans would overturn those laws once they get in office. The Repubs are the Do Nothing party, they do not change anything that came before them.
So, you’re in favor of taking rights from people under 25? To save your own skin? That’s deplorable.

You seem to be ignorant of current events and history. Your attitude is what led to Nazi germany, Soviet Russia, mao’s China, etc etc etc etc. peace in your time, eh?

Hell no. Again, your not helping. You’re with them. A useful idiot is what Stalin called you.

Last edited:
Considering what the Anti's want, which it total bans on semi autos for everyone forever... I don't think my idea is as bad as you think. We have the potential to lose a lot more if the Democrat base gets further motivated by Republican failures and perceived half measures.

I can already tell we're going to lose all semi automatics by 2030 because of the sheer stubbornness the pro gun community is displaying. Thanks guys, you're our own worst enemy.
How did appeasements work for Europe as Hitler was marching through Eastern European countries for Lebensraum?
People like you are the reason cessation’s happen. “Oh well they’ll just keep coming might as well accept it and not give them as much...”
Do us all a favor and give up yours now so if you ever get interviewed you won’t be able to claim you own any like John Rosenthal while pushing for more restrictions.

And even if we give them this now they won't bend us over tomorrow anyway? This is the political version of complying with an armed robber and hoping they just take your money.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1563554218709.jpg
    FB_IMG_1563554218709.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 14
You don't seem to understand, there's NO satisfying them. They keep coming back looking for more.

This is about as concise an argument to T-unit's suggestion as one can get. These a-holes are never satisfied, and they continue until the utter destruction of the conflicting ideas or rights are achieved.

You are not going to satisfy their hard-on for MSRs by increasing the legal age to 25. That may shut them up for a few weeks or perhaps months. Rest assured they will be clamoring to ban them once again shortly. If they ban them, they will be back shortly for handguns. If they get handguns they will be back shortly for shotguns then bolt guns and then lever actions.

"Nobody needs a firearm to hunt deer" will be their slogan circa 2088 if we keep giving in to their bullshit. But don't worry, they'll be back to ban "extremely lethal" compound bows by 2095.

This is about as concise an argument to T-unit's suggestion as one can get. These a-holes are never satisfied, and they continue until the utter destruction of the conflicting ideas or rights are achieved.

You are not going to satisfy their hard-on for MSRs by increasing the legal age to 25. That may shut them up for a few weeks or perhaps months. Rest assured they will be clamoring to ban them once again shortly. If they ban them, they will be back shortly for handguns. If they get handguns they will be back shortly for shotguns then bolt guns and then lever actions.

"Nobody needs a firearm to hunt deer" will be their slogan circa 2088 if we keep giving in to their bullshit. But don't worry, they'll be back to ban "extremely lethal" compound bows by 2095.
Yup. Their stated goal is the repeal of the Second Amendment. Their unstated goal, of course, is totalitarian control of everything and everyone.

Yup. Their stated goal is the repeal of the Second Amendment. Their unstated goal, of course, is totalitarian control of everything and everyone.

They’re well on their way.

Most NESers know that. It’s becoming increasingly clear that many don’t. And that some know, and are fine with it.

The only gun control thing I can agree with is the semi auto rifle age restriction, beyond that there's noting else gun control I support.

Lol so no semiautomatic rifles for individuals eligible for military service? you realize how dumb this sounds, yes? It's almost as dumb as the 21 booze restriction.

Also what problem are you trying to solve with that? One incident where a person under 21 used a legal rifle in a "mass shooting". The Columbine kids strawed their guns, and bought one illegally from a private seller, i think both were underage. Most of the rest of the incels are over 21. What's the next plan? 30? Yeah because statistically it's males under 25 right?

Hey, T-bone, Huffington Post not here!:rolleyes:
sm.jpg

How do you think us mid 20s feel. We have to deal with the garbage for over 40 years.

I genuinely feel sorry for you. At least I was able to listen and learn from those who are now over 90 or gone. Those were my teachers and I admired them. You have nobody! You are surrounded by idiots.

If you kick in my door at 3Am to rob me , I'm not inclined to haggle with you over just how much of my stuff your going to take.

So, you’re in favor of taking rights from people under 25? To save your own skin? That’s deplorable.

You seem to be ignorant of current events and history. Your attitude is what led to Nazi germany, Soviet Russia, mao’s China, etc etc etc etc. peace in your time, eh?

Hell no. Again, your not helping. You’re with them. A useful idiot is what Stalin called you.

I always wonder about those robots listed on NES. Quite few of them all the time. They just repeat one program and can't switch to anything else.

How did appeasements work for Europe as Hitler was marching through Eastern European countries for Lebensraum?
People like you are the reason cessation’s happen. “Oh well they’ll just keep coming might as well accept it and not give them as much...”
Do us all a favor and give up yours now so if you ever get interviewed you won’t be able to claim you own any like John Rosenthal while pushing for more restrictions.

The other fun thing, but since when has any bans or further restrictions vs existing, ever really gotten us anything?

It's not like when NFA34 came along, they said "you'll need a no cost permit for an MG, but no state can prohibit you from owning one"
It's not like when GCA68 came along they said "guns will be harder to buy, but you can carry them wherever you want in america"

There is never a kickback for agreeing to this bullshit. It's always "agree to this bullshit and we'll stop sodomizing you. For now. Until we come back later".

The juice has never been worth the squeeze in terms of "rights trading" whenever the antis have wanted to take something away. Not even once.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom