Trump gun control, update post 529 Trump No Longer Backing “Red Flag” Law, Background Check Changes

mikeyp

NES Member
Uh oh...muh 4D chess

Trump said 'perhaps' more needs to be done on gun control following two mass shootings

Wrapping up an out-of-sight weekend at his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., President Donald Trump said Sunday that “perhaps” more needs to be done with respect to gun control.

“Hate has no place in our country and we’re going to take care of it,” Trump told reporters as he prepared to board Air Force One to return to Washington, D.C.

Trump said he will make a statement Monday on the two mass shootings over the weekend and what can be done in response. Trump said he has also spoken with Attorney General William Barr and FBI Director Christopher Wray about the mass violence.

He said his statement will be at around 10 a.m. on Monday.

Trump spoke as Democrats accused him of all but encouraging violence through his rhetorical attacks on migrants and lawmakers who oppose him.

“We have a President of the United States that uses white nationalist rhetoric and engages in racism,” said Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa. “From its early days, the Trump Administration has sought to limit funding to groups dedicated to countering white extremism.”

Trump did not discuss specific ideas but said “a lot” is already being done to keep guns out of the wrong hands, and he has spoken to many governors and members of Congress about the issue.

He said his administration has done a lot, but: “Perhaps more has to be done.”

More than 24 hours after the first reports of the shooting in El Paso, Trump spoke on camera with reporters for about three minutes.

Again expressing condolences to the victims’ families, Trump also congratulated law enforcement agencies in Texas and Ohio for their responses.

“As bad as it was, it could have been so much worse," Trump said. "We have to get it stopped. This has been going on for years."

Trump spent the weekend behind the gates of his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., out of sight from reporters.

“God bless the people of El Paso,” Trump tweeted as he prepared to leave Bedminster back en route to Washington. “God bless the people of Dayton, Ohio.”

He also tweeted that he has authorized the lowering of flags at federal buildings to Hal-staff in honor of the victims.

Another guest posted pictures of Trump on Instagram as he dropped in on a wedding held at the club Saturday night. The president frequently appears at events on his properties when he is staying at them.

It is not known for sure whether he played golf this weekend, but he was expected to. After an El Paso tweet, Trump sent a good luck message to mixed martial arts champion Colby Covington.

Trump sometimes uses Twitter to comment on the Sunday news programs. He did not do so Sunday, even though a string of Democrats said Trump is contributing to the climate of violence with his attacks on minority’s lawmakers and migrants who enter the United States illegally.

Unless he proposes a ban on GFZs unless the establishment provides on site armed security I don't see any new legislation not related to reopening sanitariums being effective.
I has nothing to do with being "effective".

It's all about "doing something" to fool the moronic masses that something will change the end result.

even if Trump proposes AWB-2 and signs it, there will be no alternative between him and turdy-turd that Dims float up in 2020.

strategically, mild gun control will be good for him. I bet NRA already has reps in his lobby already with several proposals of "sensible compromise". Better lather up some vaseline, because it will be yuuge.

wow, you guys really suck it up to Trump, even if he put gun control in place...

I think you misread most NES members here. All Trump did here is appease the dems and sound presidential, with his, something has to be done talk. That's what America wants to here the President say. Don't hold your breath waiting for Trump to institute more gun control than we already have. I've said it before and I'll say it again. He gave up bump stocks because he was advised that overall none of us gave a rip about having a bump stock in the first place. I thought it was a great "political" move for him to give up something that you and I didn't even want. While we are all extremely thinned skinned about losing any 2A ground. Any ground at all. Losing the bump stock didn't really affect the gun toting masses one bit. Try that with AR'S though, and any President will buy himself a second revolution, in his own backyard.

Last edited:
This second revolution also started in MA. So far it produced only bunch of felons in waiting....[popcorn]
We felons in waiting will be waiting a very longtime for any action to be taken. Even Maura isn't dumb enough to think that she can succeed at that. Just think of how many of her friends, relatives and cohorts she would have to take down in that process. You don't think that only trump supporters have AR's do you?

Ban on "high cap mags" - no grandfathering.

Ban on fully semi auto rifles - first a buyback then confiscation.

Universal background checks.

Federal Red Flag law based on anything you may say on the internet.

The criminals will not comply with any of this so the law abiding will become defenseless.

There will be massive non compliance but at least Trump said that he did something.

Massachusetts AG Healey will be sending letters to people who filled out FA10's for semi auto guns. They will demand surrender under threat of losing your LTC and getting raided.

Tavors will be added to the list.

All AR15 lowers will be subject to confiscation.

Ban on 80% lowers.

FBI DEEMS CONSPIRACY THEORISTS THE NEW TERRORISTS
Not accepting official mainstream media-sanctioned narratives a top concern to the Deep State

Recently, an FBI bulletin dated May 30, 2019 identifies “conspiracy theory-driven domestic extremists” as a terror threat.

“The FBI assesses these conspiracy theories very likely will emerge, spread, and evolve in the modern information marketplace, occasionally driving both groups and individual extremists to carry out criminal or violent acts,” the document states.

In the wake of the increase of mass shootings, that would make sense.

FBI Deems Conspiracy Theorists The New Terrorists

THEN...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89g2af1Qw0I

Ban on "high cap mags" - no grandfathering.

Ban on fully semi auto rifles - first a buyback then confiscation.

Universal background checks.

Federal Red Flag law based on anything you may say on the internet.

The criminals will not comply with any of this so the law abiding will become defenseless.

There will be massive non compliance but at least Trump said that he did something.

Massachusetts AG Healey will be sending letters to people who filled out FA10's for semi auto guns. They will demand surrender under threat of losing your LTC and getting raided.

Tavors will be added to the list.

All AR15 lowers will be subject to confiscation.

Ban on 80% lowers.

FBI DEEMS CONSPIRACY THEORISTS THE NEW TERRORISTS
Not accepting official mainstream media-sanctioned narratives a top concern to the Deep State

Recently, an FBI bulletin dated May 30, 2019 identifies “conspiracy theory-driven domestic extremists” as a terror threat.

“The FBI assesses these conspiracy theories very likely will emerge, spread, and evolve in the modern information marketplace, occasionally driving both groups and individual extremists to carry out criminal or violent acts,” the document states.

In the wake of the increase of mass shootings, that would make sense.

FBI Deems Conspiracy Theorists The New Terrorists

THEN...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89g2af1Qw0I

Reptile, you gave me an anxiety attack![devil2]

Nothing will happen there will be something in the next news cycle that's Trump's fault and all will be forgotten .

Can you imagine the amount of carnage you would have if
any politician authorized door-to-door confiscation? There
would be quite a few people who would not go along with that.

I was on FB and one of my astronomy friends posted about the shooting, didn't take sides just that is was horrible, but all the people from England chimed in that they haven't had a mass shooting since Durban when they then confiscated guns. They admitted that they have lots of knife killings but that those are not as bad as gun shootings - I said "dead is dead".
I also pointed out that England has 67 million people, in the Northeast (NE and PA, NY NJ) we have 57 million people and in the 30 years since Wakefield we haven't had any mass shootings in our area and we still have our guns and freedoms, that is more comparing apples to apples rather than apples to oranges (67 million compared to 330 million)
Trump has to say something, but it needs to focus on mental health

I was on FB and one of my astronomy friends posted about the shooting, didn't take sides just that is was horrible, but all the people from England chimed in that they haven't had a mass shooting since Durban when they then confiscated guns. They admitted that they have lots of knife killings but that those are not as bad as gun shootings - I said "dead is dead".
I also pointed out that England has 67 million people, in the Northeast (NE and PA, NY NJ) we have 57 million people and in the 30 years since Wakefield we haven't had any mass shootings in our area and we still have our guns and freedoms, that is more comparing apples to apples rather than apples to oranges (67 million compared to 330 million)
Trump has to say something, but it needs to focus on mental health
I agree with the sentiment, but is CT not part of NE now?

Lynch was just on tv saying that he doesn't believe that there is one 100% solution but he does believe that there could be one hundred 1% solutions...

So that means another 100 or so gun control bills to until 2A is completely abolished.

The libs gave these retards their freedom and now they are pushing the anti 2A liberal agenda. The dems know these lunes are going to kill but will not have them committed. Bec cause there is no place left to send them so they allow these dangerous idiots to walk among us.

This is the total plan.

Another words....we know we cannot ban guns all at once so we will continue to chip away at 2A rights a little at a time until 2A is gone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom