Trump rally Manchester New Hampshire

SPG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
The Manchester FD limited the number of occupants of the SNHU center. There were areas of empty seats, but not because people didn't want to get in.

There were a few hundred protestors, but they were cordoned off, away from the line to get into the venue. Get your hate out of my state, etc.

This was the view from about center ice, 13 rows up.
View attachment 297764
You have Mrs SPG and I in there
Top right, to the right of the two USSS

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nice discussion post-rally here with WMUR. Says he's making opioids a priority, talks about background checks but no red flag laws.
Good words, hopes he backs them up. Maintaining skepticism of politicians, but something positive to take away.

President Trump speaks one on one with WMUR about issues facing New Hampshire

On the negative side, apparently the guy he called fat and said "go home and exercise" is actually a supporter of his. Not a good look, and one of the types of things I wish he'd stop doing. At least he called the guy...but still a gaffe.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Not a trump complaint by itself, but I think "opiods" is the new "immigration". Buzzwords to cause lather, but any pol that talks about doing shit about this problem never usually has meaningful ideas. I bet I will be 100% gray haired by the time they actually try to do something about drug abuse that isn't terminally stupid out of the gate.

Actually, the fact that they call it "opiod crisis" instead of calling it "Drug abuse" tells you all you need to know about how .gov approaches the problem and how it's all f***ed up. The drugs are the problem from .gov point of view, not the gigantic demand caused people consuming them, etc. [rolleyes]

-Mike

Reactions: KVX

cockpitbob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Says he's making opioids a priority, talks about background checks but no red flag laws.
He is right that dealing with mentally ill people instead of banning guns is more effective. BUT, reading between the lines I think he's softening us up for preventing crazy people from doing a mass shooting with background checks and red flag laws. Time will tell.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Was the most magical night of my life. I couldnt have gotten closer unless I hugged the man. Me and my brother stood right in the center floor. Right up to the guard rail where he spoke. Which was a decision that my legs and back hated after 7 hours but boy was it worth it. I would have never thought in my young life i'd ever have been 20 feet from a president of the United States of America. Tears came to my eyes. And I was with 11,500 other like minded individuals like you guys all cheering for the most patriotic thing to ever exist. The 2nd, immigration reform and most importantly. The flag.

Rudy even made it lol. That man is a legend. I don't care what anyone says about that man. Rudy Gulliani is a hero for new york and it hasnt been the same without him.

I wish I could have met some of you. But the line was so huge I doubt we would have found eachother anyway.

Anyone else see the 2 protesters outside? One with a Putin sign. What cowards. What Beta, mom's basement living, cowards.

I was so close to Trump, the photo doesn't do it justice. He made eye contact and smiled at me twice. First time in my life I actually felt star struck and flustered. :)

Trump killed it too. One of his better speeches ever.

Thank you New Hampshire natives for welcoming all walks and all cities into your lovely state. It was a beautiful night of patriotism.

The secret Service Guard meant business too. Dude could stare into your soul and know what you ate for breakfast. You know better just by looking at him.

God bless the USA. I'm still wounded from the electricity that crowd made. :D

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Was the most magical night of my life. I couldnt have gotten closer unless I hugged the man. Me and my brother stood right in the center floor. Right up to the guard rail where he spoke. Which was a decision that my legs and back hated after 7 hours but boy was it worth it. I would have never thought in my young life i'd ever have been 20 feet from a president of the United States of America. Tears came to my eyes. And I was with 11,500 other like minded individuals like you guys all cheering for the most patriotic thing to ever exist. The 2nd, immigration reform and most importantly. The flag.

Rudy even made it lol. That man is a legend. I don't care what anyone says about that man. Rudy Gulliani is a hero for new york and it hasnt been the same without him.

I wish I could have met some of you. But the line was so huge I doubt we would have found eachother anyway.

Anyone else see the 2 protesters outside? One with a Putin sign. What cowards. What Beta, mom's basement living, cowards.

I was so close to Trump, the photo doesn't do it justice. He made eye contact and smiled at me twice. First time in my life I actually felt star struck and flustered. :)

Trump killed it too. One of his better speeches ever.

Thank you New Hampshire natives for welcoming all walks and all cities into your lovely state. It was a beautiful night of patriotism.

The secret Service Guard meant business too. Dude could stare into your soul and know what you ate for breakfast. You know better just by looking at him.

God bless the USA. I'm still wounded from the electricity that crowd made. :D

jct61765

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In principle, I agree, however I doubt poppy seeds are harvested here, and the heroin and fentanyl aren't being manufactured here. It is coming from else where in the country, that kind of makes a pretty good portion of it a national problem.
How about Lowell.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Do you also go into people's back yards and piss on their barbeque's charcoal to ruin their fun that way too?
Some people are just miserable and want to make others miserable too. It makes them feel superior.
Be honest: if you did a find & replace of Trump and Giuliani with Obama (or similar) and Bill Clinton, would you be saying the same things?

Or would you have liked the gif and said "those deluded Obama worshippers, amirite?"

Last edited:

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My brain reads your alias as dicken. I try to stop it, train it to say daay-ken. Nope, no joy, it won't stop. Dick-un.

What can I do? Oy vay.
*vey

I like it.
The funny thing is, on other forums I've actually been made a moderator for considered approaches and evenhandedness. At work I am widely known as someone that will go above and beyond to help people in different departments with no benefit to myself, even if it means unpaid overtime. I've been chosen several times to mentor other new employees. I say this not as a point of bragging, but to illustrate that a few forum posts--often made with a humorous tone--are not always indicative of someone's character.

But, go ahead, call me a dick. I hope the veteran to whom I donated a printer/scanner so that he could more easily send forms to the VA to expedite his treatments would have a different assessment. His words of gratitude made a greater impression on me than anyone who's called me a mean word on the internet.

It's interesting, on other topics on this board, like say, firearm choices, caliber preferences, and whatnot, we're all in on some gentle ribbing. This has been one of the main things that's kept me coming back to NES all these years (along with the group buys!). But, when it comes to politics, and our president in particular, that willingness to laugh about things, engage in a little humor, etc. seems to erode very quickly. I'm not sure why that is, but it is disappointing. I think we could all do with taking ourselves a little less seriously.

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I knew that. :)

Good response, thank you.

MMN is 23 years old. He wrote a young man's heartfelt comment. I just sent him a PM to tell him I remember when the whole country showed the patriotism MMN felt at Trump's Manchester rally. We have lost a great deal as a nation in the 35 years I've been privileged to live here.

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
*vey

I like it.
The funny thing is, on other forums I've actually been made a moderator for considered approaches and evenhandedness. At work I am widely known as someone that will go above and beyond to help people in different departments with no benefit to myself, even if it means unpaid overtime. I've been chosen several times to mentor other new employees. I say this not as a point of bragging, but to illustrate that a few forum posts--often made with a humorous tone--are not always indicative of someone's character.

But, go ahead, call me a dick. I hope the veteran to whom I donated a printer/scanner so that he could more easily send forms to the VA to expedite his treatments would have a different assessment. His words of gratitude made a greater impression on me than anyone who's called me a mean word on the internet.

It's interesting, on other topics on this board, like say, firearm choices, caliber preferences, and whatnot, we're all in on some gentle ribbing. This has been one of the main things that's kept me coming back to NES all these years (along with the group buys!). But, when it comes to politics, and our president in particular, that willingness to laugh about things, engage in a little humor, etc. seems to erode very quickly. I'm not sure why that is, but it is disappointing. I think we could all do with taking ourselves a little less seriously.
And brevity? Lol jk carry on

jct61765

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*vey

I like it.

Sounds like we struck a nerve.
This is a gun forum, a conservative gun forum. If you were on a communist forum and made fun of obama and Clinton, then you would be treated the same way. 99% of us here are conservative. We didn’t like the way the country was going. This president changed all that. Maybe if you stop being so abrasive people won’t call you out.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I knew that. :)

Good response, thank you.

MMN is 23 years old. He wrote a young man's heartfelt comment. I just sent him a PM to tell him I remember when the whole country showed the patriotism MMN felt at Trump's Manchester rally. We have lost a great deal as a nation in the 35 years I've been privileged to live here.
Then perhaps you can consider my posts as a somewhat older man's reply. One that has, perhaps, been tainted by an additional decade's cynicism.

The Obama years, to be frank, sucked for me. I admire MMN's enthusiasm, but the accumulation of broken promises from governments and politicians have led me to a state where I am much more cautious of to whom I give political support. I find politicians, regardless of party, as unreliable, and not to be trusted. It seems like we have little difficulty in finding a Democratic gungrabber or RHINO ready to betray our liberties.

As such, I am not willing to look past what I see as deficiencies in our current president, when I feel they need a light shine upon them. Do I feel things have been better under him than in prior administrations? I would say yes. Do we still need to keep his feet to the fire as our servant? Absolutely. I would not blush or shed tears if he looked my way--he is supposed to be our instrument, not us his. Yet, nevertheless, I remain steadfastly committed to the cause of liberty and supporting those who endeavor for those same ends.

And while age and experience are nearly the only means of acquiring wisdom, I will never profess to be a sage; I only seek to be a better, smarter person than I was the day before. I long for the day when we feel the same pride and unity as we did post-9/11. I had just started high school when that happened, but it left an indelible impression upon me. Ever since, I have been hoping we would regain that level of patriotism, and the setting aside of differences in the name of liberty, freedom, and brotherhood.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sounds like we struck a nerve.
This is a gun forum, a conservative gun forum. If you were on a communist forum and made fun of obama and Clinton, then you would be treated the same way. 99% of us here are conservative. We didn’t like the way the country was going. This president changed all that. Maybe if you stop being so abrasive people won’t call you out.
No nerve struck; "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." I've been saying similar things for a while now. On other sites I get called a Trump apologist and a Russian bot.

If a gif of 50 Cent laughing in a car in response to someone blushing and crying about Trump is "abrasive," then maybe we have more in common with the "liberal snowflakes" we like to tease so much than we realize.

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Maybe it's just me but I thought it was a violation of Man Rules.

On the rare occasion when a man shows you his emotions and speaks from the heart, you don't ridicule him.

jct61765

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*vey

Really, you pulled the I helped a veteran card.

jct61765

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then perhaps you can consider my posts as a somewhat older man's reply.
And while age and experience are nearly the only means of acquiring wisdom, I will never profess to be a sage; I only seek to be a better, smarter person than I was the day before. I long for the day when we feel the same pride and unity as we did post-9/11. I had just started high school when that happened, but it left an indelible impression upon me. Ever since, I have been hoping we would regain that level of patriotism, and the setting aside of differences in the name of liberty, freedom, and brotherhood.
You started high school 9/11? You’re a damn kid. My oldest graduated the same year. If you want to be smarter shut up and listen to your elders.

Top Bottom