Trump rally Manchester New Hampshire

jct61765

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am from NH, and this state has a HUGE drug problem and "drug infested den" is not an inaccurate description of what is going on in many communities.

If you also live in NH I'm sorry if you are offended but the truth hurts.

My local PD spends more time on drug investigations and deaths than anything else.

The Lakes region is awash with the stuff, Manchester, Derry.... same thing.

But we can pretend it is not a problem... that stuff only happens in Lowell, Lawrence, Haverhill, etc et etc.

Nothing would please me more than to see the pipeline to Lawrence, AKA The Dominican Republic North shut off by strong border controls.

I don't remember anytime in my life when I have read more obituaries for women under 30, cripes even during the Vietnam War I don't remember this many men under 30 dying needlessly.
Build a wall. Let’s start a go fund me.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well I am from NH, and this state has a HUGE drug problem and "drug infested den" is not an inaccurate description of what is going on in many communities.

If you also live in NH I'm sorry if you are offended but the truth hurts.

My local PD spends more time on drug investigations and deaths than anything else.

The Lakes region is awash with the stuff, Manchester, Derry.... same thing.

But we can pretend it is not a problem... that stuff only happens in Lowell, Lawrence, Haverhill, etc et etc.

Nothing would please me more than to see the pipeline to Lawrence, AKA The Dominican Republic North shut off by strong border controls.

I don't remember anytime in my life when I have read more obituaries for women under 30, cripes even during the Vietnam War I don't remember this many men under 30 dying needlessly.
Unfortunately, I don't think President Trump will do much to help on that front. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't trust politicians. He never mentioned opioids when asked about this event or his 2020 pal:
The president’s campaign has pinned its hopes for its second run on the Granite State’s strong economy — even if Trump may spend more of his time in Manchester discussing immigration and railing against his political rivals than touting low unemployment.

Asked Thursday on the “New Hampshire Today” radio show what his “message” for the rally will be, Trump talked up the event itself. He claimed an estimated 12,000 people would come, adding that “we’re going to have a lot of overflow.” The president called New Hampshire residents “incredible people” and highlighted his primary win there in 2016, which “was really something special.”
Not seeing him talk about opioid crisis despite:

New Hampshire voters consider health-related issues even more important than the economy, according to surveys. A UNH poll found that 38% of adults consider the drug crisis the most important issue facing the state, followed by health care at 8%.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's on C-Span live, just getting started... indoor video only, trying not to show the capacity crowd. I wish he'd incorporate some comedy skits into his act, with for instance 2020 Dem. impersonators (Cherokee granny and black Spartacus). Maybe it's not kosher to ridicule sitting Senators though,

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
OK, so he signed a bipartisan bill described as "tinkering around the edges," about a year ago? I guess at least he didn't veto it?

In the end, I spend more time defending Trump (for example his "of which the Moon is a part" comment) than criticizing him. I am just profoundly distrustful of politicians, especially ones that make lots of promises. And that distrust is not mitigated based on (R) or (D) after the person's name.

Individualist

NES Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I was there. It was pretty packed. He covered a lot of topics. All the typical stuff. He was given a lackluster response when he mentioned red flag laws to keep arms away from mentally ill. He moved to getting treatment for mentally ill, which was more positively received. Clearly reading the crowd he went to more pro 2A topics and got enthusiastic responses.

Individualist

NES Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Anybody actually get in this thing,any pictures of the protesters outside ?
I think I saw a tent/canopy off to the far left side from the entrance that might have been the protesters. However I couldn’t hear or see anything noticeable. The line was insanely long and the vibe was overwhelming pro Trump.

SgtHal75

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I saw a tent/canopy off to the far left side from the entrance that might have been the protesters. However I couldn’t hear or see anything noticeable. The line was insanely long and the vibe was overwhelming pro Trump.
And I thought a majority of NH was pro gun......Did Orange Head even tout his new gun control plans?????...

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
We were inside but this was outside!!

trump outside.jpg
There was a small group, (100?) of very quiet sign holding protesters in the street to the right of the entrance. My son and I didn't realize who they were and walked right into them looking for the entrance lol. They didn't say shit. My son is a big boy :eek:

Anyway, very glad we went, it was quite an experience and as Individualist stated, the 3 deafening responses were all 2A related, i hope he got the message.

Last edited:

Choctaw

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard on the news this morning something like 11,770 inside and another 3,000 outside. Pretty awesome!

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The Manchester FD limited the number of occupants of the SNHU center. There were areas of empty seats, but not because people didn't want to get in.

There were a few hundred protestors, but they were cordoned off, away from the line to get into the venue. Get your hate out of my state, etc.

This was the view from about center ice, 13 rows up.
KAG2.jpg

cockpitbob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I heard on the news this morning something like 11,770 inside and another 3,000 outside. Pretty awesome!
Yup, big, big turnout. I just heard it set a record for that arena: more than when Elton John played there![thumbsup]

Meanwhile Granny Warren "packed them in" with 700+ in Franconia, NH [rofl]

We got there just a little before 7:00 but the stadium was declared full at 6:30 and the doors were closed. Slap Shot's pic above is a good one. There were a few thousand of us deplorables watching Trump out front on a giant truck mounted monitor and sound system they already had set up. If the vendors had been selling beer it would have been a good party. The deplorables, of course, were nice, polite, and as little as I like crowds, being packed nut to butt with a few thousand of this crowd was fine.

I was a little uneasy there though. Outside there were no detectors or bag searches. People carried large purses and other items that could have been set down and walked away from. A pressure cooker would have been very effective. But with the POTUS there, there was some security. I entertained myself looking for hides.

Overwatch about 200 yards away.

75y away. The side windows were open and I'm certain back in the shadows were people watching out for us.

Last edited:

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
"The Opioid Crisis" is not a national problem to fix. It's a local one. It's like welfare or unemployment or any other social program. National solutions are one-size-fits-all and are failures.

Opioid crisis needs to be addressed community by community. If the community doesn't want to, then bleep them.

About the only thing you can do on a national level - or maybe a state level - is identify the pill-factory doctors. Shame and prosecute them into oblivion. But that's only a part of the problem. People have migrated from pills to heroin. Otherwise, everything is local.

And no federal money for this local crap. That just leads to graft and corruption. "Oh, you're offering $500,000 if we fake this thing? Woot!"

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
"The Opioid Crisis" is not a national problem to fix. It's a local one. It's like welfare or unemployment or any other social program. National solutions are one-size-fits-all and are failures.

Opioid crisis needs to be addressed community by community. If the community doesn't want to, then bleep them.

About the only thing you can do on a national level - or maybe a state level - is identify the pill-factory doctors. Shame and prosecute them into oblivion. But that's only a part of the problem. People have migrated from pills to heroin. Otherwise, everything is local.

And no federal money for this local crap. That just leads to graft and corruption. "Oh, you're offering $500,000 if we fake this thing? Woot!"
In principle, I agree, however I doubt poppy seeds are harvested here, and the heroin and fentanyl aren't being manufactured here. It is coming from else where in the country, that kind of makes a pretty good portion of it a national problem.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

While you do make a good point, shutting down the flow of illegal drugs over our southern border and shipped from
China is a national issue.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
In principle, I agree, however I doubt poppy seeds are harvested here, and the heroin and fentanyl aren't being manufactured here. It is coming from else where in the country, that kind of makes a pretty good portion of it a national problem.
While you do make a good point, shutting down the flow of illegal drugs over our southern border and shipped from
China is a national issue.
Absolutely. Let's ramp up that successful War on Drugs. It worked for Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and Obama.

I'm not saying let's NOT prosecute or look for drug overlords. I'm saying it's an ineffective strategy to battle the opioid epidemic. It's like putting Vaseline on the lips of a dying AIDS patient. Sure, it helps their chapped lips, but it isn't going to stop the AIDS.

Drug problems are LOCAL problems. Just like education is a LOCAL problem. They require local solutions.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Trump: New Hampshire Speech Broke Elton John's Arena Attendance Record | Breitbart

I am kind meh about the national seats, I just want the state of NH blood red so we can go full retard locally and gut whatever is left of the states gun laws.
Amen. We need our own HB 69

"An Act prohibiting state and municipal agencies from using assets to implement or aid in the implementation of the requirements of certain federal statutes, regulations, rules, and orders that are applied to infringe on a person's right to bear arms or right to due process or that implement or aid in the implementation of the federal REAL ID Act of 2005; exempting certain firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition in this state from federal regulation; declaring certain federal statutes, regulations, rules, and orders unconstitutional under the Constitution of the United States and unenforceable in this state; requiring the attorney general to file any legal action to prevent implementation of a federal statute, regulation, rule, or order that violates the rights of a resident of the state; and providing for an effective date."

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Absolutely. Let's ramp up that successful War on Drugs. It worked for Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and Obama.

I'm not saying let's NOT prosecute or look for drug overlords. I'm saying it's an ineffective strategy to battle the opioid epidemic. It's like putting Vaseline on the lips of a dying AIDS patient. Sure, it helps their chapped lips, but it isn't going to stop the AIDS.

Drug problems are LOCAL problems. Just like education is a LOCAL problem. They require local solutions.
Hey man, I am all for the decriminalization of heroin, but that ain't gonna happen. So in the real world, the rampant crime associated with the supply and demand of substances that are coming in from else where becomes a problem much bigger then the local end users shitty life choices.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Lol, not sure if serious- The days of the florida pain clinics that gave people drums of pills are long gone. The pill crackdown has already happened to the point where it's actually f***ing over people that actually legitimately need medication. My friend has a doctor that only gives him 30 pills and expects him to get 60 days out of it, and it's not even any of the heavy duty stuff. (he has steel rods in his back and has intermittent pain). There are other entire doctors/practices that won't even prescribe opiates at all, because they don't want to deal with the wrath of the federal government.

If anything the prohibitionist shit is worse, the pill crackdown started about 10 or so years ago and ever since then Heroin, Fent, etc abuse has clearly risen... gee, I wonder why? Pretending that we can stop people from abusing drugs by limiting the source is lunacy. As long as there is money in it there will always be product. The best
thing you can hope for is treatment options/awareness at this point if you want to limit the problem. Prohibition is shit- it's never worked, will continue to fail, and continue
to make the problem worse. When they were just snorting pills less people died, and this was in a "container", outside of the fact that these addicts would steal shit to
pay for the pills. Now that gov has gone FR on pills, it drove people to something else, and the something else is worse than the original problem was.

-Mike

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, big, big turnout. I just heard it set a record for that arena: more than when Elton John played there![thumbsup]

Meanwhile Granny Warren "packed them in" with 700+ in Franconia, NH [rofl]

We got there just a little before 7:00 but the stadium was declared full at 6:30 and the doors were closed. Slap Shot's pic above is a good one. There were a few thousand of us deplorables watching Trump out front on a giant truck mounted monitor and sound system they already had set up. If the vendors had been selling beer it would have been a good party. The deplorables, of course, were nice, polite, and as little as I like crowds, being packed nut to butt with a few thousand of this crowd was fine.

I was a little uneasy there though. Outside there were no detectors or bag searches. People carried large purses and other items that could have been set down and walked away from. A pressure cooker would have been very effective. But with the POTUS there, there was some security. I entertained myself looking for hides.

Overwatch about 200 yards away.

75y away. The side windows were open and I'm certain back in the shadows were people watching out for us.
The moonbats fly high in Franconia. Good thing they have a glider port. [grin]

Top Bottom