• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trump gun control, update post 529 Trump No Longer Backing “Red Flag” Law, Background Check Changes

Boy, you act like you have never experienced politics before! Get up and fight for your rights instead of hoping and waiting on Jesus.
Who said I'm not fighting? I'm fight just as hard as I ever had. I've been experiencing politics my entire life. My conclusion? Human beings are all bad. They are instinctively selfish and sinful.

Our founding fathers understood this. The difference between then and now is that the founders had humility. They knew that ultimately their success hinged on a RIGHTEOUS effort, and that without help from God they were doomed to failure. Go re-read the Declaration of Independence if you don't believe me.

Unlike almost every other country in the world, ours was founded in Christianity. This has been the source of our greatness and strength as a country. The US Constitution is founded in Christian principles. This is increasingly lost on EVERYONE now. On BOTH sides of EVERY debate. All anyone cares about is themselves and their stuff. They've turned inward, and away from God.

Call anyone else? Like trump? Join GOA? SAF?

feel free to be sarcastic and do nothing....your call.
Why would I call anyone else those are my Reps?????????? I’m pretty much a member of every single pro gun organization, even the NRA., and I donate to them as well. Call Trump???????? U mean the White House petition line???? Good luck with that. If you don’t like sarcasm boy are you in the wrong place, lol!!!!!!

Last edited:
Naw, naw, naw. 4D chess, my brother! It’s all gonna be fine!

[laugh2]

I say it all the time here: thank god we got two SCOTUS seats. Because expecting anything else from that dude was always delusional.
Umm.... we've gotten quite a bit more than 2 SCOTUS seats. Not even mentioning trade deals, de-regulation, executive orders and actions as well as actual legislation like his crime bill - Just as far as judges go...As of August 5, 2019, the United States Senate has confirmed 146 Article III judges nominated by President Trump, including 2 Associate Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States, 43 judges for the United States Courts of Appeals, 99 judges for the United States District Courts, and 2 judges for the United States Court of International Trade.[2] There are currently 35 nominations to Article III courts awaiting Senate action, including 1 for the Courts of Appeals and 34 for the District Courts.

But go right ahead and talk about how useless he is

Umm.... we've gotten quite a bit more than 2 SCOTUS seats. Not even mentioning trade deals, de-regulation, executive orders and actions as well as actual legislation like his crime bill - Just as far as judges go...As of August 5, 2019, the United States Senate has confirmed 146 Article III judges nominated by President Trump, including 2 Associate Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States, 43 judges for the United States Courts of Appeals, 99 judges for the United States District Courts, and 2 judges for the United States Court of International Trade.[2] There are currently 35 nominations to Article III courts awaiting Senate action, including 1 for the Courts of Appeals and 34 for the District Courts.

But go right ahead and talk about how useless he is

That’s great and all, but open your eyes. 2A is not something he’s prepared to protect.

That matters. A lot.

Why would I call anyone else those are my Reps?????????? I’m pretty much a member of every single pro gun organization, even the NRA., and I donate to them as well. Call Trump???????? U mean the White House petition line???? Good luck with that. If you don’t like sarcasm boy are you in the wrong place, lol!!!!!!

At least your doing something by joining pro 2A groups. Better than nothing I suppose. :confused:

Lord Cheeto will sell us down the river, MAYBE get a bit of immigration reform in return, and the Trump brown noses will call it 3D chess. I told you guys from the get go, that guy is a dem camouflaged as a REP. His majesty Douchebag L'Orange will be our undoing, and most of the morons who voted for that illiterate, undereducated, mumbling buffoon will still insist that he's great, because anything else would prove them wrong, and we can't have that, can we?
So you're in favor of impeachment I take it?

Future is no longer what it used to be. Our idiotic politicians love to show some muscles to a hysteric crowds. They're overdoing it while masses march eagerly into a much bigger mess. We have declared a war on terrorism after 9/11. Our men and women were dying in places we have subsequently lost forever. Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya,.....No need to count our successes here!

So, today, success is our agreement with Taliban! [angry]

Same applies to guns. Trump does not understand what we all know and talk about here. He will not go after Antifa, BLM or liberals. He will go with all of them against us because we are easy and non-violent. Instead of explaining to masses that we need to learn how to face nuts with guns and take some personal responsibility we will be all degraded to a level of well checked and well limited sportsmen.

You, advocating dialog and giving up something for nothing, is just another form of misunderstanding on your part. You refuse to understand the stage we are in now, and you do not have any historical data which would support success of your naive proposals.

We are few months from New Zealand. Few more shootings and angry masses and angry politicians will label us as dangerous criminals, MA style.

The only way to stop this is to stand up and tell Trump that he is done. That can't be done here on NES, who cares, that has to be done in rallies, on the streets, stop contributions, send letters, be LOUD!!!

Everything else is a complete waste of time.
Yeah, it took 2+ years, but I think I'm done with Trump too. We got one average SCOTUS justice, and one subpar justice. We don't have much of a wall, more border crossings than ever before, perpetual drums of war with Iran, N. Korea, Venezuela, Russia, China, etc. Economy is slowing down... there's not much reason to vote for Trump, but there are a lot of reasons to not vote for the Democrats.

It's like South Park, our choices are between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

Yeah, it took 2+ years, but I think I'm done with Trump too. We got one average SCOTUS justice, and one subpar justice. We don't have much of a wall, more border crossings than ever before, perpetual drums of war with Iran, N. Korea, Venezuela, Russia, China, etc. Economy is slowing down... there's not much reason to vote for Trump, but there are a lot of reasons to not vote for the Democrats.

It's like South Park, our choices are between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

+1.

Essentially John Roberts is the (not so) new Sandra Day O'Connor, and Kavanagh is the new Anthony Kennedy. Gorsuch so far seems to be decent but time will tell. There are plenty of Clarence Thomas-type justices out there that could have been nominated, but weren't.

8/09/19:

It’s Too Late to Ban Assault Weapons

From a New York Times Article (believe it or not) = some excerpts:

..... Short of forced confiscation or a major cultural shift, our great-great-great-grandchildren will live side-by-side with the guns we have today and make tomorrow. That also means that we’re far closer to the beginning of the plague of mass public shootings with military-style weapons than we are to the end. Little wonder that major companies are now including mass shootings in their risk to shareholder filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission....

.... Perhaps if gun control advocates frankly acknowledge that military-style rifles are going to be present in American society for many generations to come, it will help assuage fears of mass confiscation and give gun owners the space they need to support sensible safeguards that will save lives.

The guns — even those that make mass murders more deadly — are here to stay....

Last edited:
The more they talk about banning/confiscating military-style rifles... the more they sell.
More homes, with more guns = more Freedom...

Yeah, you got to wonder if Mitch's statement there might have the effect of putting August 2019 in the running for the all time record for NICS checks.

:emoji_tiger:

Yeah, you got to wonder if Mitch's statement there might have the effect of putting August 2019 in the running for the all time record for NICS checks.

:emoji_tiger:

My real hope is that what he said was to keep everyone off his back until Summer Recess is over in 5 weeks.
Then he stalls it...

I didn't say 21, I said 25. I am in favor of raising the age of adulthood to 21. I don't think people aged 18-20 today are as mature as those who were that age 40+ years ago.

Straw purchases will still exist, there's nothing that can stop them, but how many other mass shootings can you list that were used with straw bought guns? Sandy Hook is the only one I can think of.

Actually the Sandy hook shooter killed his mother and took her guns.

Naw, naw, naw. 4D chess, my brother! It’s all gonna be fine!

[laugh2]

I say it all the time here: thank god we got two SCOTUS seats. Because expecting anything else from that dude was always delusional.

Hold your horses, we are not done yet! Obviously, you think you would do much better under the House of Clinton or the House of Bush...... Thank you for sharing.

My concern that this might be set up to influence the October SCotUS term. If we are lucky SCotUS rules affirming the 2A and invalidates whatever bucket of shit the uniparty dumps out of the ivory tower onto us filthy street dwelling peasants.

Hold your horses, we are not done yet! Obviously, you think you would do much better under the House of Clinton or the House of Bush...... Thank you for sharing.

Now you’re putting words in my mouth.

He’s the president, not them. Who gives a hoot in Hell how we “would do?” I live in the real world, not fantasyland.

+1.

Essentially John Roberts is the (not so) new Sandra Day O'Connor, and Kavanagh is the new Anthony Kennedy. Gorsuch so far seems to be decent but time will tell. There are plenty of Clarence Thomas-type justices out there that could have been nominated, but weren't.
I had the feeling last year that the deal made was if Kennedy retired, Kavanagh would be his heir. The guy is a shit judge, but the Democrats pulled the sex assault claims against him and put the Republicans into a corner where they felt bad for him because they knew it wasn't true.

For as much as the Republicans are the Do Nothing party, they're not willing to stoop as low as the Democrats do. I just wish some Republican legislator would say "enough is enough" with the sick Democrat party, snatch the gavel out of Nancy Pelosi's hand, and use it like Neegan uses the barbed wire baseball bat on Walking Dead to one of the Dem leaders in Congress.

Let it be a warning to the rest of them that if they want to pull those types of tactics, there's gonna be consequences and the consequences will be one of them will have their head smashed into a pulp.

Back
Top Bottom