Trump gun control, update post 529 Trump No Longer Backing “Red Flag” Law, Background Check Changes

Grew up in the late 50's and 60's.

Entertainment: riding bikes, sandlot football/baseball, fishing,BB guns, building forts in the woods, etc.

No video games, no internet, no BS - just fun,fun,fun.

Pity the kids today.

I was born in '79. We did all that too. It's just that once the street lights came on and we had to be home, it was video game time. ;)

Ok. So we keep our guns. Ammo too. Reloading supplies too. So your saying stock up now?

If you did not stock up by now you are either poor or careless. ;)
Fight for the time when bulldozer Trump will not be able to bulldoze anymore. Make sure the inevitable will remain inevitable for as long as you can comprehend what is going around us!

Two issues

1. RKBA and associated activities are not hobbies......they are constitutionally guaranteed rights
2. Even when you little bastards played cowboys/indians you had a massive social/interpersonal interaction with a number of people.....it was also drilled into you that shit is real, it hurts and going to the hospital really blows......is this not true?

That doesnt really compare to the isolationist that buries themselves in a video game divorced from reality/social interaction and the inevitable pain that goes along with it and is a necessary part of human learning

True. So, do we need Our President to abolish video games or should we leave it up to parents? That is the real question. Blaming real violence on video games is like blaming cows for global warming. [laugh]

I grew up in the 90s so we were still very outside but as gaming consoles started to hit the market I eventually went 50/50. So long as homework, chores, and exercise was done. Nowadays video games are used as babysitters. Being on the younger end I am tempted to say "cmon old man calm down" but there is a line drawn here. It may or may not be video games but anti social behavior is skyrocketing. Virtual girlfriends, sex dolls, VR headsets. People like simulating a life they will probably never have.

Video games as a tool/entertainment is one thing

When the tool playing the game has no life/social interactions with people then it becomes their reality to some degree

At some point I don't doubt that to the mentally ill or unbalanced mind, it goes from entertainment to visualizing yourself performing those heinous acts, and ultimately, training.

Last edited:
I dunno. I think “modern bad parenting” is an easy boogeyman, and yes I think parents often suck, but some of this is nothing new.

There’ve always been hobbies and activities that some kids prefer to do alone. Like stamp collecting, model airplane building, rock collecting, reading comic books, collecting baseball cards, and a host of other hobbies kids have always done. Those were things I did for hours growing up, with no social element needed or wanted.

Some people flat-out don’t like social interaction. It doesn’t mean they become mass shooters, even those who grew up as “isolationists” who spent countless happy hours alone with erector sets or transistor radios. Those activities weren’t “red flags” in and of themselves, nor were they bad parenting.

I grew up in the 90s so we were still very outside but as gaming consoles started to hit the market I eventually went 50/50. So long as homework, chores, and exercise was done. Nowadays video games are used as babysitters. Being on the younger end I am tempted to say "cmon old man calm down" but there is a line drawn here. It may or may not be video games but anti social behavior is skyrocketing. Virtual girlfriends, sex dolls, VR headsets. People like simulating a life they will probably never have.

Like it or not, VR will be part of everybody's life. It is already. Soldiers sitting somewhere in Nevada managing drones above Afghanistan are nothing else but an advanced video game players. My father had a surgery in a military hospital. He was operated by a robot managed by a doctor who was few hundred miles away.

The U.S. Military Is Working on Mind-Control for Drones

Parenting can't be substituted by .gov

95c615938d039882e6083e955f87c275.jpg

If you did not stock up by now you are either poor or careless. ;)
Fight for the time when bulldozer Trump will not be able to bulldoze anymore. Make sure the inevitable will remain inevitable for as long as you can comprehend what is going around us!

Your theory doesn't do much for the new guys around here. Everyone hasn't been here since 2013, but I don't believe for a minute that means they are SOL.

Cardinal O’Malley calls for leaders to act after ‘unacceptable’ mass shootings - The Boston Globe
“We implore our elected leaders to rise above ideological differences and work together to address the serious issues facing our country by enacting meaningful and effective policies to end the violence,” said O’Malley in the statement. “This includes keeping firearms, particularly assault weapons, out of the hands of those who would use them to inflict devastating harm on our communities.”

Precious!:
Why some white men go ‘bang’ - The Boston Globe
Here’s news to no one: We are in a crisis of male insecurity in this country, specifically white male insecurity. The insecurity is prompted by, among other things, the demands of women and minorities for an equal share of the pie, the megaphone of the Internet that has allowed those groups a louder voice, and their increasing success at the local and national ballot box. Or, rather, the insecurity is prompted by fear of these developments — the belief that if other kinds of people achieve a measure of political power, there’ll be less for the men who always had it.
-------
The issue is certainly not video games, for pity’s sakes. Republican politicians and the bloviators on Fox News will tell you that “Call of Duty” and “Fortnite” are behind the carnage in El Paso and Dayton, the Gilroy Garlic Festival and the Poway synagogue in California. Do they understand how many millions of people play video games and don’t become mass murderers? That virtually everyone under 35 knows his or her way around a gaming console? A recent Oxford study found no correlation whatsoever between violent video game use and aggressive behavior in adolescents. One of the Sandy Hook killer’s favorite games was “Dance Dance Revolution.” Maybe we should ban that.

Want to blame mental illness? Every human society on earth has its share. No other country has even close to the number of mass shootings as the United States. Nor are social media or violence in movies and on TV the convenient villains some might hope for. The former empowers and educates as much as it divides and foments; the latter is more a symptom of the male need for bang bang than a cause.

Honestly, it’s not even the guns. OK, it’s mostly the guns. But when you burrow down to the diseased heart of it all, what is shared by the worst mass killings in America — the ones with the highest body counts, the biggest amount of ordnance, and the most random victims — is that they are carried out by aggrieved white men who feel the country and the world slipping from their control. Which it is, very slowly but very surely, and probably about time, too.

These men want their bang bang back — the feeling of indominability they feel they were promised and believed their kind once had. They see their power waning, their privilege finally in question, and it terrifies them. So they lash out, often at co-workers or spouses and girlfriends. And sometimes they pick up the biggest stick they can find and go after the boogeyman of them. Which, when all the shooting’s over and the bullets have been spent, always turns out to be men, women, children; fathers, mothers, grandparents. Republicans and Democrats. New Americans and old, Not them, in other words. Just us.

Ty Burr can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @tyburr.

Precious!:
Here’s news to no one: We are in a crisis of male insecurity in this country, specifically white male insecurity. The insecurity is prompted by, among other things, the demands of women and minorities for an equal share of the pie, the megaphone of the Internet that has allowed those groups a louder voice, and their increasing success at the local and national ballot box. Or, rather, the insecurity is prompted by fear of these developments — the belief that if other kinds of people achieve a measure of political power, there’ll be less for the men who always had it.
-------
The issue is certainly not video games, for pity’s sakes. Republican politicians and the bloviators on Fox News will tell you that “Call of Duty” and “Fortnite” are behind the carnage in El Paso and Dayton, the Gilroy Garlic Festival and the Poway synagogue in California. Do they understand how many millions of people play video games and don’t become mass murderers? That virtually everyone under 35 knows his or her way around a gaming console? A recent Oxford study found no correlation whatsoever between violent video game use and aggressive behavior in adolescents. One of the Sandy Hook killer’s favorite games was “Dance Dance Revolution.” Maybe we should ban that.

Want to blame mental illness? Every human society on earth has its share. No other country has even close to the number of mass shootings as the United States. Nor are social media or violence in movies and on TV the convenient villains some might hope for. The former empowers and educates as much as it divides and foments; the latter is more a symptom of the male need for bang bang than a cause.

Honestly, it’s not even the guns. OK, it’s mostly the guns. But when you burrow down to the diseased heart of it all, what is shared by the worst mass killings in America — the ones with the highest body counts, the biggest amount of ordnance, and the most random victims — is that they are carried out by aggrieved white men who feel the country and the world slipping from their control. Which it is, very slowly but very surely, and probably about time, too.

These men want their bang bang back — the feeling of indominability they feel they were promised and believed their kind once had. They see their power waning, their privilege finally in question, and it terrifies them. So they lash out, often at co-workers or spouses and girlfriends. And sometimes they pick up the biggest stick they can find and go after the boogeyman of them. Which, when all the shooting’s over and the bullets have been spent, always turns out to be men, women, children; fathers, mothers, grandparents. Republicans and Democrats. New Americans and old, Not them, in other words. Just us.

The issue is certainly not video games, for pity’s sakes. Republican politicians and the bloviators on Fox News will tell you that “Call of Duty” and “Fortnite” are behind the carnage in El Paso and Dayton, the Gilroy Garlic Festival and the Poway synagogue in California. Do they understand how many millions of people play video games and don’t become mass murderers?

Millions of people own firearms too Ty, you shit stain.
If every firearms owner had "Issues" , none of you tards would be around .

I am sorry, would you please explain a little bit more, I am trying to manage the anxiety attack given to me by Reptile with his apocalyptic post. [sad]

Well, ok. Your comment, "if you didn't stock up by now you're either poor or careless" doesn't make sense to me. Unlike yourself whose been around here on NES since 2013, lots of new guys, haven't been around on NES, long enough to know, that they might need to stock, up in order to be able spend a day at the range, etc.. I don't believe that being new/newer to shooting, makes these gunowners, poor, or careless, or both. Don't really understand how you came to that conclusion at all.

Last edited:
Well, ok. Your comment, "if you didn't stock up by now you're either poor o careless" doesn't make sense to me. Unlike yourself whose been around here on NES since 2013, lots of new guys, haven't been around on NES, long enough to know, that they might need to stock, up in order to be able spend a day at the range, etc.. I don't believe that being new/newer to shooting, makes these gunowners, poor, or careless, or both. Don't really understand how you came to that conclusion at all.
Go buy 1000 rounds, and don’t shoot it. Next week buy 1500 rounds, 500 to play with, 1000 to the stockpile. Rinse, repeat. Buy more than you plan on using in the next few weeks, then buy some more.

As I've been saying since December 2012, I want to know who their docs are. I suspect most of these people were under treatment for mental illness from someone - Adam Lanza certainly was - but why aren't we allowed to know who (at best) failed these people so horribly? With any other product or service offered in commerce, such a failure* would be blasted on the telescreens.

* We hope it was only that.

I think you misread most NES members here. All Trump did here is appease the dems and sound presidential, with his, something has to be done talk. That's what America wants to here the President say. Don't hold your breath waiting for Trump to institute more gun control than we already have. I've said it before and I'll say it again. He gave up bump stocks because he was advised that overall none of us gave a rip about having a bump stock in the first place. I thought it was a great "political" move for him to give up something that you and I didn't even want. While we are all extremely thinned skinned about losing any 2A ground. Any ground at all. Losing the bump stock didn't really affect the gun toting masses one bit. Try that with AR'S though, and any President will buy himself a second revolution, in his own backyard.

I don't want 40 Cal. Or 9mm Makarov (because I have 9mm Luger in the house). Does that mean I am okay giving those up?

It's the Shall Not Infringe part that is the whole point.

Murder is illegal. We need to figure out why people murder and why they aren't in jail if they do it again and again.

Nothing else should really be on the table.

If not X it will be Y. Because Z.

The issue is certainly not video games, for pity’s sakes. Republican politicians and the bloviators on Fox News will tell you that “Call of Duty” and “Fortnite” are behind the carnage in El Paso and Dayton, the Gilroy Garlic Festival and the Poway synagogue in California. Do they understand how many millions of people play video games and don’t become mass murderers?

Millions of people own firearms too Ty, you shit stain.
If every firearms owner had "Issues" , none of you tards would be around .

More people play video games than football, basketball, baseball... ;)

Precious!:
-------

Hey Ty, your boring, racist, ramblings make me want to puke!

You are a typical, scatterbrained, projecting, white guilt ridden leftist who licks his finger and holds it up in the winds of political correctness to see which way you need to spin reality so it matches your agenda driven, bent view of the world.

By the way, here's a little info for you regarding "white mass shooters".
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ll be surprised if we get out of this one with
no new laws. I’m talking bad laws like AWB
reinstatement. Or an all out AR/AK, semi, ban.
After Muller went belly up the Dem’s pulled
all the stops. Funny how the tide of events favors
the Dem’s every time?

Back
Top Bottom