• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trump gun control, update post 529 Trump No Longer Backing “Red Flag” Law, Background Check Changes

I’ll be surprised if we get out of this one with
no new laws. I’m talking bad laws like AWB
reinstatement. Or an all out AR/AK, semi, ban.
After Muller went belly up the Dem’s pulled
all the stops. Funny how the tide of events favors
the Dem’s every time?

Don't be surprised. Their people are louder and their "dead kids" narrative is simpler.

I don't want 40 Cal. Or 9mm Makarov (because I have 9mm Luger in the house). Does that mean I am okay giving those up?

It's the Shall Not Infringe part that is the whole point.

Murder is illegal. We need to figure out why people murder and why they aren't in jail if they do it again and again.

Nothing else should really be on the table.

If not X it will be Y. Because Z.

C'mon. The loss of a plastic stock, that you didn't want enough to actually buy in the first place, is hardly a infringement on guns. We haven't lost a single gun since Trump became President. Not even our beloved AR15, that maura wants so badly. If your one of those people
that believes you/we can't have Ar15's in Ma., take a look in the NES classifides.

Last edited:
Anybody ever wonder what our gun laws would look like today if Trump did not pull off the unthinkable by beating Clinton? Had Clinton nominated 2 SCOTUS judges and in light of the political realities of what America is today?

Quiet, no need for rational thought in a OMGTHEWORLDISENDING thread.

I’ll be surprised if we get out of this one with
no new laws. I’m talking bad laws like AWB
reinstatement. Or an all out AR/AK, semi, ban.
After Muller went belly up the Dem’s pulled
all the stops. Funny how the tide of events favors
the Dem’s every time?

I like your thinking. Would you like to buy some pre ban magazines?

Lol. Sorry. I didn't know you were just starting.
Not me, I’ve been at it for some years now. Was just suggesting a way for the guy that only buys enough for the upcoming session to ease into it. A few Hundred bux a week is easier to swallow than a few thousand all at once. Baby steps!

C'mon. The loss of a plastic stock, that you didn't want enough to actually buy in the first place, is hardly a infringement on guns. We haven't lost a single gun since Trump became President. Not even our beloved AR15, that maura wants so badly. If your one of those people
that believes you/we can't have Ar15's in Ma., take a look in the NES classifides.
That's not me. I however have taken the coolaid and believe that we should be able to own and defend our homes with the same thing that the common use logic protects. If that's full auto. It is

That being said. I think full auto is of limited use and utilit. Not as useless as bumpstocks. But still.

I respect you. I also poke back. Are .40 and .357magnum okay to say bye to?. How about extension tubes on shotguns? Flashlight mounts? 3 inch shells? Buck shot? Slugs? What is okay to give up for a temporary "sippy stay" from the gov'nr. ?

Whatever it is next: we may loose forever. They will be asking for the next thing on the line that we got a temporary pass on in one cycle or less.

Where is the line. When does it stop? Who stops it?

Well, ok. Your comment, "if you didn't stock up by now you're either poor o careless" doesn't make sense to me. Unlike yourself whose been around here on NES since 2013, lots of new guys, haven't been around on NES, long enough to know, that they might need to stock, up in order to be able spend a day at the range, etc.. I don't believe that being new/newer to shooting, makes these gunowners, poor, or careless, or both. Don't really understand how you came to that conclusion at all.

First year on the forum and first years as an LTC holder. I knew not of the shortages most of you have lived through. Unfortunately I’m back in school so now I’m poor on top of having been careless. Someone cue the price is right fail music, ‘cuz I’m double screwed.

The four entities I've been donating to for years are NRA, Ducks Unlimited, GOAL and Comm2A. I am really going to have to think hard about whether or not I still want to contribute to NRA. If I stop though, I may have to give up my membership to one (or possibly both) of the gun clubs I currently belong to. That would suck. :/
Or work to change the rules. Mansfield F&G changed requirements, you can be a member of NRA or GOAL and you are GTG.

Just don't tell them.
Some clubs want to see your membership card every year for renewal.

First year on the forum and first years as an LTC holder. I knew not of the shortages most of you have lived through. Unfortunately I’m back in school so now I’m poor on top of having been careless. Someone cue the price is right fail music, ‘cuz I’m double screwed.

Or work to change the rules. Mansfield F&G changed requirements, you can be a member of NRA or GOAL and you are GTG.

Some clubs want to see your membership card every year for renewal.
My club has mandatory NRA membership for the first year. GOAL is mandatory. I’d like to get them to add Comm2a membership/donations...

That's not me. I however have taken the coolaid and believe that we should be able to own and defend our homes with the same thing that the common use logic protects. If that's full auto. It is

That being said. I think full auto is of limited use and utilit. Not as useless as bumpstocks. But still.

I respect you. I also poke back. Are .40 and .357magnum okay to say bye to?. How about extension tubes on shotguns? Flashlight mounts? 3 inch shells? Buck shot? Slugs? What is okay to give up for a temporary "sippy stay" from the gov'nr. ?

Whatever it is next: we may loose forever. They will be asking for the next thing on the line that we got a temporary pass on in one cycle or less.

Where is the line. When does it stop? Who stops it?

I have no problem with you poking back. lol.You're comparing apples to oranges here. Bump stocks are not ammunition, or guns. I also doubt that flashlights will ever be banned, or the way that we hold them in place.
Why would you buy a shotgun, that causes you to need to buy a extension tube, in the first place, when you can buy one that has a extended magazine installed on it from the factory? My Mossberg 590 A1, Remington 870 and Benelli M1Super 90 were all manufactured with extended magazines. Obviously they aren't that hard to find. I have three and all from different manufacturers.

Last edited:

You're welcome to come shoot with me anytime. My ammo, my guns. Stay in school and shoot too.

It will not gain them one vote but Republican congress critters will still likely suck for the mob and send POTUS something to sign - - no idea if he will or not.

:emoji_tiger:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom