Trump gun control, update post 529 Trump No Longer Backing “Red Flag” Law, Background Check Changes

45collector

NES Member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Oh man, Goldeneye on N64 was beyond addicting. I can't even imagine the number of weeks possibly months spent playing that game with friends and family. I'll never forget playing that for the first time circa 1997? Got a N64 for christmas that year and coming from Sega, I was absolutely shocked by the graphics and fun factor etc.

In '98 or '99 I had some friends who lived in a party house where people pretty much came and went as they pleased. The place was trashed and the doors were never locked. I would frequently go there after classes to wait for the gang to show up, and I'd often fire up Bond and just play by myself. Well it became an issue where I would be sitting on that couch playing Bond all the f*cking time whether or not anyone was actually home. Hahaha! They had an intervention with me and I chilled out on it.

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, I only know the easy answer. SOMETHING or THINGS has gone off the rails in this country. I had full access to many firearms in the sixties, as well as most of my friends, and nobody even thought of going on a shooting rampage.

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

M60

NES Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Please, do not miss my point entirely. You will keep your guns in the same way how you would keep your old flip phone. Nobody will be knocking on your doors.......Everything else will be gone. Ranges, forums, manufacturers, and if you will raise your voice you will be the leftover white nutzi which needs a treatment.

Ok. So we keep our guns. Ammo too. Reloading supplies too. So your saying stock up now?

Paul455

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Grew up in the late 50's and 60's.

Entertainment: riding bikes, sandlot football/baseball, fishing,BB guns, building forts in the woods, etc.

No video games, no internet, no BS - just fun,fun,fun.

Pity the kids today.

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, Goldeneye on N64 was beyond addicting. I can't even imagine the number of weeks possibly months spent playing that game with friends and family. I'll never forget playing that for the first time circa 1997? Got a N64 for christmas that year and coming from Sega, I was absolutely shocked by the graphics and fun factor etc.
LOL, we thought Pong was great!! Think about how lame it actually was. Then Pacman came out and it was off to the races. Anyway, I never played a video game after the mid seventies.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video games as a tool/entertainment is one thing

When the tool playing the game has no life/social interactions with people then it becomes their reality to some degree

Yes. But we can say the same about any hobby, including gun collecting. ;)

When I was a kid we were playing cowboys and indians. We have made our own bows and arrows, sling shots, and we were pretty violent little bastards. Every summer few of us ended up in the local hospital. I would say that we have had plenty of social interaction but in today's world we would be spending time in juvenile detention facility or we would be watching CNN in a Prozac haze.

45collector

NES Member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Grew up in the late 50's and 60's.

Entertainment: riding bikes, sandlot football/baseball, fishing,BB guns, building forts in the woods, etc.

No video games, no internet, no BS - just fun,fun,fun.

Pity the kids today.

I was born in '79. We did all that too. It's just that once the street lights came on and we had to be home, it was video game time. ;)

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. So we keep our guns. Ammo too. Reloading supplies too. So your saying stock up now?

If you did not stock up by now you are either poor or careless. ;)
Fight for the time when bulldozer Trump will not be able to bulldoze anymore. Make sure the inevitable will remain inevitable for as long as you can comprehend what is going around us!

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes. But we can say the same about any hobby, including gun collecting. ;)

When I was a kid we were playing cowboys and indians. We have made our own bows and arrows, sling shots, and we were pretty violent little bastards. Every summer few of us ended up in the local hospital. I would say that we have had plenty of social interaction but in today's world we would be spending time in juvenile detention facility or we would be watching CNN in a Prozac haze.

Two issues

1. RKBA and associated activities are not hobbies......they are constitutionally guaranteed rights
2. Even when you little bastards played cowboys/indians you had a massive social/interpersonal interaction with a number of people.....it was also drilled into you that shit is real, it hurts and going to the hospital really blows......is this not true?

That doesnt really compare to the isolationist that buries themselves in a video game divorced from reality/social interaction and the inevitable pain that goes along with it and is a necessary part of human learning

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two issues

1. RKBA and associated activities are not hobbies......they are constitutionally guaranteed rights
2. Even when you little bastards played cowboys/indians you had a massive social/interpersonal interaction with a number of people.....it was also drilled into you that shit is real, it hurts and going to the hospital really blows......is this not true?

That doesnt really compare to the isolationist that buries themselves in a video game divorced from reality/social interaction and the inevitable pain that goes along with it and is a necessary part of human learning

True. So, do we need Our President to abolish video games or should we leave it up to parents? That is the real question. Blaming real violence on video games is like blaming cows for global warming. [laugh]

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
True. So, do we need Our President to abolish video games or should we leave it up to parents? That is the real question. Blaming real violence on video games is like blaming cows for global warming. [laugh]

Well.....clearly we have a serious problem with parenting in the US....and dems would like gov to step in and take over.......

Cipher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I grew up in the 90s so we were still very outside but as gaming consoles started to hit the market I eventually went 50/50. So long as homework, chores, and exercise was done. Nowadays video games are used as babysitters. Being on the younger end I am tempted to say "cmon old man calm down" but there is a line drawn here. It may or may not be video games but anti social behavior is skyrocketing. Virtual girlfriends, sex dolls, VR headsets. People like simulating a life they will probably never have.

goodzilla

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Video games as a tool/entertainment is one thing

When the tool playing the game has no life/social interactions with people then it becomes their reality to some degree

At some point I don't doubt that to the mentally ill or unbalanced mind, it goes from entertainment to visualizing yourself performing those heinous acts, and ultimately, training.

Last edited:

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I dunno. I think “modern bad parenting” is an easy boogeyman, and yes I think parents often suck, but some of this is nothing new.

There’ve always been hobbies and activities that some kids prefer to do alone. Like stamp collecting, model airplane building, rock collecting, reading comic books, collecting baseball cards, and a host of other hobbies kids have always done. Those were things I did for hours growing up, with no social element needed or wanted.

Some people flat-out don’t like social interaction. It doesn’t mean they become mass shooters, even those who grew up as “isolationists” who spent countless happy hours alone with erector sets or transistor radios. Those activities weren’t “red flags” in and of themselves, nor were they bad parenting.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grew up in the 90s so we were still very outside but as gaming consoles started to hit the market I eventually went 50/50. So long as homework, chores, and exercise was done. Nowadays video games are used as babysitters. Being on the younger end I am tempted to say "cmon old man calm down" but there is a line drawn here. It may or may not be video games but anti social behavior is skyrocketing. Virtual girlfriends, sex dolls, VR headsets. People like simulating a life they will probably never have.

Like it or not, VR will be part of everybody's life. It is already. Soldiers sitting somewhere in Nevada managing drones above Afghanistan are nothing else but an advanced video game players. My father had a surgery in a military hospital. He was operated by a robot managed by a doctor who was few hundred miles away.

The U.S. Military Is Working on Mind-Control for Drones

Parenting can't be substituted by .gov

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
95c615938d039882e6083e955f87c275.jpg

M60

NES Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
If you did not stock up by now you are either poor or careless. ;)
Fight for the time when bulldozer Trump will not be able to bulldoze anymore. Make sure the inevitable will remain inevitable for as long as you can comprehend what is going around us!

Your theory doesn't do much for the new guys around here. Everyone hasn't been here since 2013, but I don't believe for a minute that means they are SOL.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cardinal O’Malley calls for leaders to act after ‘unacceptable’ mass shootings - The Boston Globe
“We implore our elected leaders to rise above ideological differences and work together to address the serious issues facing our country by enacting meaningful and effective policies to end the violence,” said O’Malley in the statement. “This includes keeping firearms, particularly assault weapons, out of the hands of those who would use them to inflict devastating harm on our communities.”

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your theory doesn't do much for the new guys around here. Everyone hasn't been here since 2013, but I don't believe for a minute that means they are SOL.

I am sorry, would you please explain a little bit more, I am trying to manage the anxiety attack given to me by Reptile with his apocalyptic post. [sad]

Top Bottom