Trump doesn't like suppressors, update post 69, he's considering ban

What he has said and done this far is well documented in this thread already. It's enough for me. Hopefully his 53 dimensional chess has him packing a Trojan horse full of pro2A legislation, but I doubt it. Words and actions are all we have to judge people on, and his suck.

If I saw it, I would not have asked. Just looking for facts, which seem pretty slim so far...

Not gonna watch those. Just explain each in one sentence, what he said or did, or said he might do in the future. I like it in black and white. Thanks.

They give it to you in black and white so I recommend watching them. I'll post this again:

I had posted this under the GOA alert thread but I'll post it here too:
"Sometimes I get the feeling that we're being set up for the biggest back stabbing yet. If memory serves me correctly at the first NRA convention he spoke at he said something like "the days of infringements on the 2nd amendment are over" then Vegas happened and instead of saying I'm not going to hold people accountable and punish them for the acts of a madman, he comes out in support of banning bump stocks and signs an EO to ban them. Parkland happens and instead of pointing out that it wouldn't have happened if the sheriffs dept. had enforced the law against the murderer he instead starts the whole ERPO mess with his take the guns first comment. Both his choice for AG Barr and his pick to head the ATF Chuck Canterbury have supported gun control in their past and I'm not so sure that his SCOTUS picks and some of the so called conservative judges can be trusted to rule for the 2A. It sure can make one wonder who can be trusted to do what's right and abide by the COTUS as they are sworn to do".

Someone that claims to support something and than takes actions that demonstrate they don't support it should raise questions in anyone's mind.
There have certainly been positives of his presidency but when there is no legitimate reason to break your word to the people that helped get you elected one should be concerned.
His take the guns first, due process later led to a flurry of state legislation and I believe 4 national ERPO bills and has led to at least one death so far. Since he's responsible for starting the ERPO mess if one of these bills get to his desk he'll probably sign it.

In other words he is perfectly fine with infringing upon that which shall not be infringed.

I would love to see his NYC CCW permit taken away.[rofl]

I could care less if they impeach him at this point.
Heck, if it was for violation of our 2nd amendment rights that would be all the better!

He is a two faced jackal and nothing more than just another New York City scumbag politician that plays like he knows what's best for Americans..

His actions against our 2nd amendment rights are inexcusable for a man that says he supports them.

He ain't getting my vote a 2nd time!

Maura Healey ain't done nothing compared to what Donald Trump has when it comes to taking away our rights!

Hell, even Seth Molton didn't say raise the age of owning rifles to 21.
That act right there, if passed would affect every young American!

Last edited:
Trump is an idiot and has always been an idiot. He's not evangelical and he doesn't give a crap about guns. The only good thing he's ever done is beat Hillary Clinton. All we can hope to get out of him is a good SCOTUS.

Extractly! Gun Friendly SCOTUS is the only thing we can hope from this moron. I am tired of people suck ass for this man. Just use the same standard when we talked about evil Hillary in 2016. Just for example:

1) How many lies did Trump tell? I would say more than Hillary by now. There was a watch for this.
" I know someone" "perhaps the best..."

2)He doesn't care about gun rights. He only cares about our votes. He would say ban all the AR15 without filtering this info through his brain cells.

3)political dirt from a foreign government... "I think I'd take it" "I won't call FBI, I never called FBI in my whole life" "The FBI director was wrong"
Can you imagine if Hillary or Obama said this in a public interview? What will be your reaction? Don't lie! It's traitorous!

Last edited:
GOP/Conservatives are just controlled opposition. Whether it is 2A , abortion, whatever it is always an uphill battle. For decades it has been about how far down each slippery slope we are willing to let the left push us while conserving absolutely nothing. Trump knows words well and picked up on the momentum of this country wanting to break away from the center left/right. This country is splitting into their own sides further down the spectrum. When gun control and immigration is worse than than under Obama you start to wonder.

JFC.. when most of you go to heaven next week or before voting day 2020, no one is going to remember your silly single issue voting record. So stop complaining about what may or may not happen and vote for the guy who is currently packing the courts for the best chance we have at preserving these rights. Or stay home, remain useless and vote for the FSM.

JFC.. when most of you go to heaven next week or before voting day 2020, no one is going to remember your silly single issue voting record. So stop complaining about what may or may not happen and vote for the guy who is currently packing the courts for the best chance we have at preserving these rights. Or stay home, remain useless and vote for the FSM.
Rights aren't silly. Since our CIC has already infringed upon our rights and has also expressed his support of infringements and has hired an AG that supports gun control and his nomination for head of ATF supports infringements, I'm not going to put a lot of faith in his selections for judges. Even if they are good if the SCOTUS refuses to hear cases and allow cases that placed infringements upon our rights to stand we've got problems. Quotation by Suzanna Gratia Hupp

I am sure most of us are going to vote for him in 2020 regardless. It takes five minutes. But I am not expecting much from the Grand ol Cuck party anymore. They had two years and did jack shit.

Is that the best we get from him?
A supreme court judge that never gets to pass judgement on a 2nd amendment related case..
The supreme court will do as it always has and choose not to hear the case.

I have lost all faith in our court system when it comes to anything in the peoples favor when it's 2nd amendment related.

They always side with their own and never with what is right for the people!

What did Trump say about bumpstocks? Then what did he do?

Exactly! That's what I'm looking for.

"FSM"?

A anti-gun Republican president is much more dangerous to 2A than an anti-gun Democratic president.

It's been said that only Nixon could go to China, because the Right would have attacked any lefty that tried to establish relations with a Communist government.

Well, only a Republican can ban guns, because Republicans would be unified in opposition to any Democrat that tried.

Trump bans bump stocks by executive fiat and so-called pro-gun Republicans have nothing to say. If Obama had tried this, they would have all linked arms and fought it to the bitter end. Not so under Trump. In the world of hyper-partisanship, supporting the party head is more important that principles.

Luckily Trump has the attention span of a toddler, so if he can't ban suppressors by executive order over a long weekend, he'll probably lose interest.

Interesting thought, Matt. I'm not sure I'd vote for Joltin Joe because I thought that we'd get less restrictions on our guns, though.

What sort of judges do you think Biden would appoint, bearing in mind that his cred as a progressive isn't that strong? While I have come to accept that judges trend left after being appointed to the SCOTUS, I would be astonished to see a new appointee cut from the same cloth as Ginsburg or Sotomayor trend to the right on 2A issues.

What sort of judges do you think Biden would appoint, bearing in mind that his cred as a progressive isn't that strong? While I have come to accept that judges trend left after being appointed to the SCOTUS, I would be astonished to see a new appointee cut from the same cloth as Ginsburg or Sotomayor trend to the right on 2A issues.
Did you read this: 2020 is Trump's to Blow with Gun Owners - Firearms News If everyone else in government is violating our 2a rights they won't even need the judges to do it but chances are that no matter who appointed them they'll go along with so called common sense reasonable infringements cause hey it's for the children and public safety. Even though in reality it's the opposite.

Did you read this: 2020 is Trump's to Blow with Gun Owners - Firearms News If everyone else in government is violating our 2a rights they won't even need the judges to do it but chances are that no matter who appointed them they'll go along with so called common sense reasonable infringements cause hey it's for the children and public safety. Even though in reality it's the opposite.

It supports my point. The entire discussion is premised by

Let’s stipulate up front that if Trump loses the presidency to any of the Democrats who have thrown their hats in the ring, successful attacks on the Second Amendment will go through the roof. The balance of power in the Supreme Court and lower federal courts will go through a polar reversal. And the tens of millions of illegal immigrants moved to the fast lane on the – forget “pathway” – superhighway to citizenship could just mean the Republican Party will be doomed as a credible counterweight.

Gun owners will be screwed. The hope for peaceable means of redress will be just that. This time, when Dianne Feinstein says “Mr. and Mrs. America turn 'em all,” your choice will be to obey or become a “gun criminal” at risk for life-destroying penalties with the choice to either fight or hope the amped-up assault team coming through your door allows you to surrender.

There's a huge chasm between a realistic analysis of the problems and risks we have with Trump and suggesting that a Democrat might, for some theoretical reason, be better.

What he has said and done this far is well documented in this thread already. It's enough for me. Hopefully his 53 dimensional chess has him packing a Trojan horse full of pro2A legislation, but I doubt it. Words and actions are all we have to judge people on, and his suck.

People need to know that Trump is not pro 2A the way that most actual pro 2A people would require.

Use this test to find out if your pro 2A is Dench approved:

If you say "I support the 2A... but....™" you don't support the 2A. Parts yes, but not the 2A.

Support the NFA? Licences? Registries? Inability to get rights back after past mistakes? Definitely not a 2A supporter.

Is Trump a 2A supporter? Absolutely not. Trump is a skilled business man and 1%'er people person. Trump knows how to read a room and has no problems adapting to what the room needs. A good leader should have some of these qualities. That said, Trumps 2A support only goes as far as main stream (R) views demand, and as we've seen that is getting us into some trouble. Bumpstock fiasco, the misunderstanding of suppressors, the list will go on. Trump has zero subject matter experience on firearms, has no idea what he's talking about and regarding complicated 2A subjects he's continuously shown he's an anti at his core. Reason being his play book doesnt cover such complicated subjects. AR-15s? You bet your ass he knows what to say as its a common subject. Bumpstocks? Most people have no idea what the f*** that even is. Suppressors? The vast majority of peoples knowledge of them is that they are deadly assassin accessories - which is exactly how Trump explained his position.

More proof that Terminator and Terminator II has done more damage to the 2A than any movie in the history of the US.

The SCOTUS thing that is a "bonus" of him being in office is also problematic. Mainly due to SCOTUS continuing to dodge important and critical 2A cases. Instead they chose lame ones with little actual affect on normal people. This is despite conservative justices being on the bench. While I personally would prefer a conservative justice over a equal opportunity insane liberal one out to make a mark on the world, the HUGE problem that is real right now is a lot of these conservative justices are giving out 100% garbage rulines on other civil liberty issues. Justice boner and police state nonsense out the ass.

It supports my point. The entire discussion is premised by

There's a huge chasm between a realistic analysis of the problems and risks we have with Trump and suggesting that a Democrat might, for some theoretical reason, be better.
If you read the whole thing and go to the links in the article you will see all the real things that have happened already. Also we have been better at times under democrats because when they are in charge republicans actually at least have a spine and fight at least some of the gun control, but when they're in power they tend to be perfectly fine with gun control. Rand Paul had made a comment about how there are no conservatives in government when republicans are in power.Rand Paul on Spending: "When Republicans Are In Power, There Is No Conservative Party"

Jesus man. Just because someone sucks less, doesn't mean they don't suck. I voted for Trump so curb your f***ing R humping rhetoric.

No kidding? The lesser of two evils has been discussed ad nauseam on this site. What's with the NH posters lately? Some of you, as you do, have your panties twisted in a tight knot.

Back
Top Bottom