Trump doesn't like suppressors, update post 69, he's considering ban

I posted that because I figure either military prep schools mean something,
or they don't.

But NYMA isn't in the Big List in the Jan'69 issue of Boy's Life,
so maybe it doesn't have the accreditation you demand.

I suspect him going to that school had everything to do with reasons outside of military service. As in his dad wanting to get rid of him for a bit, hope other people can teach him leadership, etc.

Trump is definitely a leader. But he is not a soldier. He never was, never will be and went out of his way to avoid becoming one.

You're trying to turn an off cuff comment into 4d chess........

trump makes off cuff comments, get used to it.....he then goes back and educates himself on subjects and corrects himself

If Obama made the same comment about something controversial off the cuff that the (R)'s didnt like you guys would make no excuses.

Trumps not a fan of the 2A. Nor is he an ally of it. lying to ourselves about it doesnt do anyone any favors and probably weakens the 2A.

You misunderstood what I said. I said Trump didn't read the room right. The room is (R)'s. And he wrongly thought that supporting suppressor bans would somehow benefit him. He's wrong. Anyone paying attention to guns knows thats dumb. Is trump paying attention to guns? No. He has no clue about them.
Mixed messages about gun laws. A lot of liberal politicians support the British example as a model for gun control in the United States, but they may find some surprises. There are no high capacity magazine bans in the UK. With a Firearms Certificate, you can own a straight-pull AR clone with 30 round magazines perfectly legally. If you are a bolt-action guy like me, you are expected to purchase a suppressor with your rifle to avoid excessive noise. Again on firearms Certificate. No $200 ATF tax or localities banning them. Shotgun certificates are "shall issue" unless applicant has a criminal record. Handguns are really light carbines, with longer barrels and wrist stocks that only increase muzzle velocity, striking energy and hit probability. Bottom line? UK gun laws are worse than ours in some ways and better than ours in others.

The actual goal of most liberal common sense gun control is no guns in the hands of civilians besides the police. They might lean on the UK and Australia for inspiration but the end goal is all guns gone.

Willes Lee dun f*cked up.... hes getting (deservedly) shit on all over social media, and I'm sure the 2A community will run with this.......

Another person who has no idea what his audience wants. President with zero interest in guns or a FUDD? Not much difference.

They called an Instagrammer "snarky" for asking what they'd do if Trump tried to get suppressors banned.

I just read Willes Lee's bio and his response, though unnecessarily hostile, was sincere, I think. Lee meant that of course the NRA would oppose a suppressor ban.

"Willes’ love and appreciation for guns and shooting began as a child, hunting with his father in France and Germany. He qualified expert in the US Army with the M1911, M9, M14, M16, and M3. He fired everything from Claymore mines and grenade launchers to 107mm mortars and 155mm Howitzers. Lee shot Top Gun in his company as a M60A3 tank commander with the M68 105mm cannon, M2HB machine gun, and M240 machine gun; Top Platoon in the battalion; and Top Company in the Brigade. Willes made several battle runs during the first Gulf War in a M1A1 firing the L/44 120mm smoothbore cannon. He shares his father’s collectibles: a Savage Model 99 250-3000 rifle, a Fox 12 gauge shotgun, a Colt .32 Pocket Positive pistol, and the family legacy Browning .22 cal semi-auto rifle."

He fired everything from Claymore mines
I didn't know you could fire claymore mines. I thought you set them in the ground with the front towards enemy and let the enemy set them off, unless of course the enemy snuck up and turned them around on you.;)

I didn't know you could fire claymore mines. I thought you set them in the ground with the front towards enemy and let the enemy set them off, unless of course the enemy snuck up and turned them around on you.;)
7a864b592a8bf3cfe569f3b6c2238dfa.jpg

For criss sakes some of you need to get a grip. Trump is a hip shooter. See what actually happens. Enjoy his era already. Had Hitlery been elected 2 Liberals would have been added to SCOTUS and your gun rights would have been gone already.

Down the road when the Left takes over it's Trumps filling the courts may well actually save much of the 2A.

Trumps a loose cannon but I'm still pleased he "shook up the world"

For criss sakes some of you need to get a grip. Trump is a hip shooter. See what actually happens. Enjoy his era already. Had Hitlery been elected 2 Liberals would have been added to SCOTUS and your gun rights would have been gone already.

Down the road when the Left takes over it's Trumps filling the courts may well actually save much of the 2A.

Trumps a loose cannon but I'm still pleased he "shook up the world"

he's the lesser of two evils!™

His son needs to get him to shut up about issues like this. We all know Trumps history and that he's not a gun guy. The real issue here is Trump needs to be careful he doesn't end up as a Bush Sr one and done. To do that you keep your trap shut about key items that influence your base negatively.

To do that you keep your trap shut about key items that influence your base negatively.

At least this. The basic reaction of “A killer used this, and it helped him, so it should be banned.” has to be opposed whenever it arises. Besides being an utterly immoral response (punish the innocent), antithetical to the principle of liberty and justice for all, it’s a fountain of hypocrisy because somehow or other it only passes from their lips when they themselves would lose nothing by it.

I can't stand anyone that says they support the 2nd Amendment and then sh_ts all over the American people's rights that it was written to protect.
I don't care what they did in the military, if they have the revolutionary war musket a relative fought with, have had an FFL or even made firearms.
Even if they have owned them their whole lives, are past or present LEO, or the Joe Biden politician type.
Our rights are not yours to give or try to take away!

The whole better than the rest of the population, more rights than the average American citizen is what bothers me most about such traitors of our people.

Benedict Arnold was more progun than these individuals!

Trump that orange orangutan has a NY ccw permit no ordinary subject is allowed to own.
But is he fighting for anyone else's equality on the matter. NOPE!
He's rolling our rights over for more votes!

I hope someone enters the presidential race with more conviction that this clown!

As far as the NRA is concerned..Keep sending cash as we have our jobs to save!
Your rights are second only to our paychecks..
Have you seen their salaries?
And here we are donating our hard earned money to people that make millions a year.
How many millionaires would donate their money to us?

The NRA does a great job at using our money to compromise our rights away..

Our 2nd Amendment rights were written with the intent that we always remember that someday we may have revisit those same actions on the old north bridge to keep them!

Most of us realize that our rights are not dependent on what any court rules and that there are no such thing as a free right!

Last edited:
I can't stand anyone that says they support the 2nd Amendment and then sh_ts all over the American people's rights that it was written to protect.
I don't care what they did in the military, if they have the revolutionary war musket a relative fought with, have had an FFL or even made firearms.
Even if they have owned them their whole lives, are past or present LEO, or the Joe Biden politician type.
Our rights are not yours to give or try to take away!

The whole better than the rest of the population, more rights than the average American citizen is what bothers me most about such traitors of our people.

Benedict Arnold was more progun than these individuals!

Trump that orange orangutan has a NY ccw permit no ordinary subject is allowed to own.
But is he fighting for anyone else's equality on the matter. NOPE!
He's rolling our rights over for more votes!

I hope someone enters the presidential race with more conviction that this clown!

As far as the NRA is concerned..Keep sending cash as we have our jobs to save!
Your rights are second only to our paychecks..
Have you seen their salaries?
And here we are donating our hard earned money to people that make millions a year.
How many millionaires would donate their money to us?

The NRA does a great job at using our money to compromise our rights away..

Our 2nd Amendment rights were written with the intent that we always remember that someday we may have revisit those same actions on the old north bridge to keep them!

Most of us realize that our rights are not dependent on what any court rules and that there are no such thing as a free right!

"Most of us realize that our rights are not dependent on what any court rules and that there are no such thing as a free right!"

I'm sorry, this is nothing more than keyboard bravado based on "feelings". The OK corral is nothing more than a tourist trap and the old North Bridge is the same. Gunfights will not happen at either place and I wish people would stop talking like it would. The reality of the world we have been living in, and please feel free to join it, since the Bork debacle is that the Courts have become the most powerful entity we now have in this country. They are now political and fully weaponized. And sadly whoever controls the courts controls us.

I would like to say that your use of the Orange Orangutan has "marker" language attached to it. The phrase is widley used by MSNBC and the radical left. Not sure why you plagiarize it from them unless......

I have long said that the Constitution isn't worth the paper its written on. That is the stark reality of how far this country has veered of course. I have also said that Trumps reframing the Federal Courts and SCOTUS will be his greatest legacy to those of us on the "right"

Trump really needs a second term to really seal the Courts for decades to come. Trump has been a Godsend in stopping a Court System gone radically left and Hitlery only would have sealed the deal.

I support Trump, he's not perfect of course, who is. But I am enjoying his term like no other.

Oh, he is MY President so don't take this personal but take your Orange Orangutan slander against him and stick it up your arse.

That is all.

"Most of us realize that our rights are not dependent on what any court rules and that there are no such thing as a free right!"

I'm sorry, this is nothing more than keyboard bravado based on "feelings". The OK corral is nothing more than a tourist trap and the old North Bridge is the same. Gunfights will not happen at either place and I wish people would stop talking like it would. The reality of the world we have been living in, and please feel free to join it, since the Bork debacle is that the Courts have become the most powerful entity we now have in this country. They are now political and fully weaponized. And sadly whoever controls the courts controls us.

I would like to say that your use of the Orange Orangutan has "marker" language attached to it. The phrase is widley used by MSNBC and the radical left. Not sure why you plagiarize it from them unless......

I have long said that the Constitution isn't worth the paper its written on. That is the stark reality of how far this country has veered of course. I have also said that Trumps reframing the Federal Courts and SCOTUS will be his greatest legacy to those of us on the "right"

Trump really needs a second term to really seal the Courts for decades to come. Trump has been a Godsend in stopping a Court System gone radically left and Hitlery only would have sealed the deal.

I support Trump, he's not perfect of course, who is. But I am enjoying his term like no other.

Oh, he is MY President so don't take this personal but take your Orange Orangutan slander against him and stick it up your arse.

That is all.

Besides SCOTUS Trump isnt exactly a rock star.

He's not a horror show but he's not the second coming. Comparing him to what if Clinton was there instead isnt doing any favors, because both are bad and they are bad for very different reasons.

We need to be thankful that the (D) party is a f***ing mess right now and they don't have enough intelligence to put someone like Tulsi Gabbard on the ticket, a person Trump would have major problems attacking due to her mojo being about 1,000x greater than his own. Ones a shit talker, the other is attractive well spoken woman who's a warrior in the literal sense.

The (D)'s are to busy attacking her for shit they dont like that she was associated with decades ago while they give Clinton a pass for doing the same in the same era. They are their own worse enemy.

What are you going to do when Trump disappoints you again with his next "Pro-2nd Amendment law"?
I'm sure he'll twitter it out and show unwavering support of it as he bans or does away with due process once again..

Oh well, I'm sure he is not done with bashing Rosie O"Donnell or John McCain yet.

Btw, he is everyone's president. Not just yours!

That is all.

I recall during the early going of the primaries 4 years ago, he messed up his hair and recombed it on some interview. He has normal hair. There is no massive bald spot. He just fashions it that way. ON PURPOSE! "I like my hair this way," he said.

It was then that I started to realize that the dumb-hair, orange-faced guy is a persona. One he wears VERY well. One he uses to leverage his way into many successful negotiations.

What intelligent person with a proper agenda would wear that stupid hair and look that orange?? NO ONE!

Which is why he does it.

He DOES look like an orange orangutan. That's his point. He isn't one. But he wants the majority of people to believe that he is that pompous, low-self-esteem moron that spray-tans 3-4x a day.

So thank people that tell you he looks like an OO. He is. That's his point. You arguing or being offended at the statement would be like arguing water is not wet.

Back
Top Bottom