Trump doesn't like suppressors, update post 69, he's considering ban

Sounds to me like he's got his head on straight wrt firearms.....he just needs an education on silencers/accessories
That soundbite is probably the worst way to justify ownership of a rifle. 2A doesn't protect the right to have a lot of fun, however - soundbite aside - I think he might be heading in the right direction. Ultimately, I agree with you that he just needs an education on suppressors (they can be a lot of fun too).

I suspect you quoted the wrong post.........yours has nothing to do with mine......you day drinking again?

He's not talking about your post he's talking about trump's quote/soundbite on about how "semiautomatic rifles are fun" or some bullshit like that, as opposed to saying something like "I think semiautomatic rifles are great for stopping tyrants" or similar.

-Mike

Yes, but let's pause for a moment and reflect on Hillary's reaction, had she won the election.

"I have asked Congress to draft emergency legislation banning these devices of silent death and will sign it, unread, even before it is passed." -Cankles

Let’s all pause for a moment and reflect on what a lame argument this is. Of course Shrillery would have f***ed us. Hard. That’s why none of us voted for her. That doesn’t excuse Trump when he plays just the tip with us. Just because the alternative is worse doesn’t remove our right to criticize ‘our’ side when they stab us in the back.

Let’s all pause for a moment and reflect on what a lame argument this is. Of course Shrillery would have f***ed us. Hard. That’s why none of us voted for her. That doesn’t excuse Trump when he plays just the tip with us. Just because the alternative is worse doesn’t remove our right to criticize ‘our’ side when they stab us in the back.

Trump has taken away more 2A freedoms than Obama. Trump is not a 2A supporter, he is a half-wit incapable of just shutting his mouth.

Don't be silent people, write your representatives. Maybe they can get through to this idiot president.

U.S. Senate: Senators of the 116th Congress

Directory of Representatives | House.gov

Our rights are being infringed every day of the week. The government is waaaaaaaay too big for that to change. It would take a hardcore 2A dictator in power to indie all the infringements. Federally speaking we are cooked. Yeah, there are states that reverse the infringements but it’s more like a snowball effect even if you have that snowball rounded and ready to throw:

Sounds to me like he's got his head on straight wrt firearms.....he just needs an education on silencers/accessories

Trump probably has no strong personal opinion on the subject. He has zero roots to any sort of firearm culture, military culture and I'm sure has a average at best understanding of recent world history.

Trump is going to do what the people in the room need him to do. Him being asked about silencers is putting him in a place he's never been before. He almost definitely has no knowledge or experience with them and has little understanding of the subject. Not to mention almost definitely zero knowledge about their current regulatory status. When Trump gets put in places hes lost a lot of times he still answers. Well, this was one of those times that he was so lost on the subject he was unable to keep the room happy.

I have no doubt that if the party that elected him and was to keep him in office needed him to do some seriously draconian and f***ed up things he'd be more than happy to oblige. He's not the president to make people free and to keep the founding fathers proud. He's the president because he's unbelievably competitive and has to win at everything.

He's a dangerous person. Luckily our current politically climate isnt some pre 1955 Soviet Union atmosphere, because if it was and he was in charge we'd be f***ed.

The only good thing that Trump will do for the 2A is put conservative justices in SCOTUS who are more likely to side with 2A than whatever whackjob Clinton would of put up there. But at the end of the day when it's the lesser of two evils, shit bag vs shit bag we all sorta end up losing by the end.

Update

Trump says some Americans have a 'tremendous amount of fun' with semi-automatic assault rifles | Daily Mail Online

Trump says he will have 'serious look' at banning silencers on guns because he doesn't like 'idea' of them as he defends right to own semi-automatic weapons that can be a 'tremendous amount of fun'
  • Trump said many Americans have a 'tremendous amount of fun' with AR-15 rifles
  • He added if civilians at Bataclan shooting had guns less would have been killed
  • President added he did not like the 'idea' of silencers and is considering a ban
  • Civilians would be left as 'sitting ducks' if guns were taken away, Trump added

IMHO your argument is 180 degrees out of sync

The base of the GOP is pro RKBA

The base of the GOP has made great strides in expanding RKBA as well as legal protections for people who are forced to defend themselves and we've done this at a state level over the last 30 plus years.

The GOP is and has been divided between the corporatists/globalist rino's and the more pro liberty leaning wings of the party for decades......since before the 1960's......lets all recall the bitter establishment fight against Barry Goldwater in 1964 election.....those globalist rino turds would rather see a dem (johnson) elected than Goldwater

Rinse and repeat in the 1980's with Reagan........HW Bush was a concession to the globalist rino turds if you review your history.....hell....it was the globalist rino turds here in NH that propped up Suter for nomination by Reagan which actually didnt materialize until HW took office and we all know how THAT turned out and what prominent political family was behind that effort......

Never say Never but "The Party" isnt going to commit suicide by supporting gun control and sure as shit not in a major way......

Even that turd Graham is catching hell for his support for federal money to states that pass red flag bills.......Graham is almost certain to face a primary challenge and he's catching hell from gun groups except for the NRA.....which is a separate issue being discussed in a separate thread

"Never say Never but "The Party" isnt going to commit suicide by supporting gun control and sure as shit not in a major way......"

The "Republican" Party has been committing suicide since Bush 1 and like most suicide individuals they eventually are successful.

You may recall Oblunder using the fed gov to pressure banks to drop banking/credit card/processing for gun shops and manufacturers?

How about oblunder and fast and furious?

Maybe his support of the attempt to classify M855 as armor piercing

We could go on and on about how Oblunder used executive power to infringe on RKBA and undermine us without major legislative actions

and the 7N6 import ban

Where's the NRA in all of this? They made such a big deal about the president coming to visit them at the convention. Was that rabble rousing speech lip service? I'd like to hear what they have to say other than but...but..but...but..

I am in complete agreement with you on that point.

Maybe I'm just feeling defensive because I voted for him, not feeling as though I had any choice if I wanted a chance in Hell of avoiding saying President Cankles for 4 years.

I'd love to hear about any viable alternatives but in three years of President Trump, nobody has been able to do so.

Its been said in another thread before regarding bump stocks, but Don Jr. needs to straighten his pops out. Dad isn’t a “gun guy”, but Jr. supposedly is. I would hold Don Jr. equally responsible if he does not talk to dad.

It was a content-free statement without any meaning.

It could be taken as "I want them banned" ... or i could be like "I don't like rectal sex, but people who do should not be prohibited from doing it".

It's like a job recommendation "Waste no time in hiring this person".

The time for that was the last presidential primary. Rand Paul was one of the only truly pro-liberty candidates. Republicans can't have that, though and we got reality TV in the white house.

He was my first pick, but he dropped out. Pointless to make a "virtue signal" vote and risk the harridan getting elected.

....and they make it sound like "silencers" make the firearm completely quiet. That's a load of crap...
Your post pretty much sums it up. I fired bolt-action .308 and .223 rifles that were equipped with Sionics-brand suppressors. Suppressed the muzzle blast only. Did nothing to stop the high-pitched supersonic "crack" of the bullets. My older daughter's heavy barrel bolt action Savage .22 has a threaded barrel and is advertised by Savage as "suppressor ready". It would have to be loaded with subsonic .22LR, CB caps, or other type of low velocity mousefart ammo in order to get the full benefit of a suppressor.

Good old Donny two times , he's gotta say everything twice it sucked hearing he didn't like suppressor's the first time but the second time was like going through a bad blood draw .

My older daughter's heavy barrel bolt action Savage .22 has a threaded barrel and is advertised by Savage as "suppressor ready". It would have to be loaded with subsonic .22LR, CB caps, or other type of low velocity mousefart ammo in order to get the full benefit of a suppressor.
Once you go Florbert,
you'll never go back.

Jus' sayin'.

You may recall Oblunder using the fed gov to pressure banks to drop banking/credit card/processing for gun shops and manufacturers?

How about oblunder and fast and furious?

Maybe his support of the attempt to classify M855 as armor piercing

We could go on and on about how Oblunder used executive power to infringe on RKBA and undermine us without major legislative actions
Yes, I wasn't saying BO didn't support or enact gun control. My answer was to weekend racer about how so called conservatives seem to only act conservative when dems are in power. Here's Rand Paul even commenting on it: Rand Paul on Spending: "When Republicans Are In Power, There Is No Conservative Party"

Last edited:

Stop the presses. This is a game changer. I didn't know he was this well decorated.

His awards from left to right: Cleanest locker. Best Penmanship. Award in Trail Blazing for being the 1st one to wear a PT belt in a year book photo.

Shoulder cord given for being able to complete 20 pushups in 2 minutes.

Stars on collar awarded for each Vietnam deferment request.

A true warrior.

IMHO your argument is 180 degrees out of sync

The base of the GOP is pro RKBA

The base of the GOP has made great strides in expanding RKBA as well as legal protections for people who are forced to defend themselves and we've done this at a state level over the last 30 plus years.

The GOP is and has been divided between the corporatists/globalist rino's and the more pro liberty leaning wings of the party for decades......since before the 1960's......lets all recall the bitter establishment fight against Barry Goldwater in 1964 election.....those globalist rino turds would rather see a dem (johnson) elected than Goldwater

Rinse and repeat in the 1980's with Reagan........HW Bush was a concession to the globalist rino turds if you review your history.....hell....it was the globalist rino turds here in NH that propped up Suter for nomination by Reagan which actually didnt materialize until HW took office and we all know how THAT turned out and what prominent political family was behind that effort......

Never say Never but "The Party" isnt going to commit suicide by supporting gun control and sure as shit not in a major way......

Even that turd Graham is catching hell for his support for federal money to states that pass red flag bills.......Graham is almost certain to face a primary challenge and he's catching hell from gun groups except for the NRA.....which is a separate issue being discussed in a separate thread

You misunderstood what I said. I said Trump didn't read the room right. The room is (R)'s. And he wrongly thought that supporting suppressor bans would somehow benefit him. He's wrong. Anyone paying attention to guns knows thats dumb. Is trump paying attention to guns? No. He has no clue about them.

Back
Top Bottom