Trump doesn't like suppressors, update post 69, he's considering ban

mikeyp

NES Member
61922279_2352625851683076_5988568382230757376_n.jpg

Remarks by President Trump Before Marine One Departure | The White House

Trump on Firearm Suppressors: "I don't like them at all" - CarbonTV Blog

Those of us hoping for the passage of the hearing protection act under the Trump administration have been very disappointed.

When asked yesterday during a press conference before boarding Marine One the president had more discouraging words for Second Amendment supporters.

A reporter asked ” The suspect in the Virginia Beach shooting used a silencer on his weapon. Do you believe that silencers should be restricted? ”

trump-quote.jpg

President Trump responded with ” I don’t like them at all. ”

If you were still holding out hope for a removal of suppressors or silencers from the NFA it’s probably time to give up now. These are not the first anti gun remarks the president has made while in office. Before the “bump stock” ban Trump said ” “We are knocking out bump stocks. I have told the (National Rifle Association) — bump stocks are gone. But to do that, you have to go to public hearings, which we have had. You have to go through all sorts of regulatory control systems.”

After his bump stock remarks the ATF classified the devices as machine guns and forced owners to turn them in or destroy them without any compensation for their lost property. Hopefully this statement does not lead to similar regulations on suppressors which are already a class 3 NFA device.

Suppressors are often misunderstood by the media and politicians. They do not have the same Hollywood style effects you see in Bond movies. Learn more about these devices here:

Considering what just happened in VB what politician in his right mind would come out and say “I like silencers”????? Never mind the POTUS.

Don’t get me wrong, I believe they should be legal and that the guy in VB would have done just as much damage without one. But don’t expect any political support for silencers right now or maybe forever at this point.

He could have deflected and moved on lol

Also, gotta love the leading way in which the reporter's question was asked: "Do you believe that silencers should be restricted?" Clearly phrased in that way to imply that silencers are somehow freely available and easy to obtain, when the reality is that it takes a bunch of paperwork and months of waiting.

Also, gotta love the leading way in which the reporter's question was asked: "Do you believe that silencers should be restricted?" Clearly phrased in that way to imply that silencers are somehow freely available and easy to obtain, when the reality is that it takes a bunch of paperwork and months of waiting.

Or not getting them at all :(

Trump is the biggest enemy of the 2nd we may have ever had in office.

It's not like there are a whole lot of other options out there.

Personally, I don't think Trump is that bad when it comes to 2'nd amendment issues.
At worst, he's probably lukewarm to really doesn't give a f*** either way about firearms (for or against).

One thing I'm certain of though, we'd be in a whole lot worse of a situation if Clinton won, or if any
the current Dem nominees wins the White House in 2020... even worse if they take the Senate also.

Trump is the biggest enemy of the 2nd we may have ever had in office.

Certainly not true. Other presidents gave us the NFA and the assault weapons ban. Although he has not been much of a friend to us, imagine what hilderbeast would have done.

The only value in Trump is appointment of conservative to the Supreme Court.

I don't think he's trustworthy and worse I don't think he cares. How I score his actions re 2A,

Trump the Anti

Bump stocks
Suppressor comments
Taps an anti to head the ATF

Trump the supporter

Excellent SJC nomination

I don't see him as a supporter of 2A, I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think he's trustworthy and worse I don't think he cares. How I score his actions re 2A,

Trump the Anti

Bump stocks
Suppressor comments
Taps an anti to head the ATF

Trump the supporter

Excellent SJC nomination

I don't see him as a supporter of 2A, I hope I'm wrong.
You forgot, "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

Of course he doesn't like them at all because he's likely clueless about what they do or don't do. [rofl]

I wish he would just punt on things like that though, instead of making the retard-populist-spew type comments.

-Mike

yall trippin if you think anyone whose in a position of power would want an armed populous

I don't see so much malice in his actions as it is likely just ignorance/stupidity. Some focus group campaign type advisor person handed him a pamphlet that says "How to pander as pro gun to typical jingoservative populist retards" and he's read all 10 pages of it and just recites it by rote memory. [rofl]

Thankfully that pamphlet mustve had one page that said "do not nominate SC judges that are wonky on 2A or you will pay dearly for it".

-Mike

I don't see so much malice in his actions as it is likely just ignorance/stupidity. Some focus group campaign type advisor person handed him a pamphlet that says "How to pander as pro gun to typical jingoservative populist retards" and he's read all 10 pages of it and just recites it by rote memory. [rofl]

Thankfully that pamphlet mustve had one page that said "do not nominate SC judges that are wonky on 2A or you will pay dearly for it".

-Mike

I'm not saying it's malice in every case. It's that people in power tend to do things conducive to them retaining and expanding that power. 2A doesn't exactly fit that purview.

I'm not saying it's malice in every case. It's that people in power tend to do things conducive to them retaining and expanding that power. 2A doesn't exactly fit that purview.

Definitely agree with that, particularly WRT the legislative bodies. We've had "R" dominated house/senate like 3 times through 3 different administrations (EG, a situation where R could have passed a law and not have to override a veto) and they're 110% dbags about passing anything pro gun, because many of them are literally "part of the
problem. "

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom