1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Featured Trump: Confiscate Guns First, ‘Go Through Due Process Second’

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Admin, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Admin

Admin Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

President Trump suggested confiscating guns from individuals first then going “through due process second” during a bipartisan meeting with lawmakers Wednesday afternoon.

His comments came in response to Vice President Mike Pence’s claim that families and local law enforcement ought to have way to identify potentially dangerous individuals and rid them of firearms and other weapons.

But Pence referenced a paradigm wherein due process would be honored.

The Hill quoted Pence saying, “Allow due process so no one’s rights are trampled, but the ability to go to court, obtain an order and then collect not only the firearms but any weapons.”

Trump responded, “Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court.”

Trump also said, “I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida … to go to court would have taken a long time.” He added, “Take the guns first, go through due process second.”

Trump: Confiscate Guns First, 'Go Through Due Process Second'

enbloc likes this.

2. todd c

todd c

hopefully his sons will call him up and tell him to stop listening to ivanka and jared. i really hope this is some type of negotiating tactic the public isn't aware of yet. either way nothing gun related will pass being an election year. it would be suicide for the gop.

ldi likes this.
  3. The5thDentist

The5thDentist NES Member

This!

4. Woodstock

Woodstock NES Member

Hopefully he'll listen to Dana Loesch's response and realize the error of his ways. NRATV

Fixxah likes this.
  5. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Apparently we're just going to completely ignore the fact that the police don't do their damn job in the first place.

What the hell ever happened to background checks? So now we've got a situation where - the police will show up to your house dozens of times - but you'll still meet the criteria to pass the background checks. What is Trump proposing? That we'll still have that process in place exactly the way it is - but we'll have some other guys who'll just troll the internet for bad speak - and then show up to your house and take your guns?

WTF?

Why do we even have laws any more ? - just do whatever the hell you want to do and try not to get caught.

6. GlockJock

GlockJock NES Member

As if they're not already on life support in the Intensive Care unit??...

7. SERE

SERE NES Member

Purposely chosen, ill used, made up terms and lies are doing their job. "Heavy weapons", "military style", "weapons of war" will trip-up the unaware, or ignorant, and we end up with sound bites like this. I don't trust Trump on this issue.

sorbro13 likes this.
  8. Snora

Snora

Trump is a FUDD. He doesn't care about 2A as long as he can own gold plated novelty guns and his armed security can get the scary killy guns.

BREWINZ and robjax like this.
  9. frenchman

frenchman NES Member

And here (CNN) go the Fudds with their shotgun bullshit again. They should thank god on their knees that no school shooter ever used a shotgun. Mossy 8+1 od 00 buch, that's 72 nine mil projectiles Before reloading. The inside of a school would be the perfect SG range. Oh, and we shouldn't forget that now, the shooter would have door breaching capabilities, so the whole "shelter in place" would make it even easier ofr him, because now he will get many victims in a tight space. Great tactical thinking from leftists and Fudds. Uncle Joe would be proud.

sorbro13, Boris, BBQ.Uncle and 2 others like this.
  10. Freddy B

Freddy B NES Member

This was very disturbing, as it suggests his reading of the political tea leaves is that the gun control movement is gaining traction and he needs to tack toward it. I hope I am wrong.

11. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

Sold a pig and a poke. This has gone beyond full tard.

BREWINZ and Pyromancer like this.
  12. 40 caliber

40 caliber NES Member

I take comfort in half of what trump says is forgotten by him 24 hours later. We got a 50% chance of this just being trump BS at the moment

falcon123, Whiskeywon and CMEBoston like this.
  13. EddieCoyle

EddieCoyle Consigliere Moderator

I've read this in several places. I think this line of thinking is beyond delusional. What tactic? Make the antis think he's going to remove due process then WHAM!, not do it?

I mean, give me some sort of plausible scenario where this "tactic" can somehow work out in gun owners' favor.

He villified the NRA yesterday. Is that also a brilliant negotiating tactic that we're too simple to understand?

We need to stop supporting this assclown NOW and hope that he either chooses not to run, or gets bumped by someone in the primaries.

The only person more unelectable than him is/was Hillary, and the Dems aren't going to run her out there again.

Picton, Junior314, BREWINZ and 11 others like this.
  14. ProGun

ProGun NES Member

Extremely disappointing. His authoritarian streak is far to big for my taste.

15. DispositionMatrix

DispositionMatrix NES Member

Like the Democratic members of the ruling class, Trump and Republicans are not your friends when it comes to your rights.

16. iofneedle

iofneedle NES Member

I am curious what amendment in the Bill or rights that Trump supports?

17. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Early? EARLY!!!!???? The FBI was contacted twice and the police department 45 times. How EARLY did you want to take his guns away. Had they taken them away in January, this wouldn't have happened. That's hardly EARLY.

Trump supports Trump. That's it.

He can propose his due-process-killing legislation all he wants. Even Kagan will slap that down. You'd end up with Breyer and RBG (and my sotty) against with some whacked-out theory that martians might be involved or something.

quincy and Pyromancer like this.
  18. BostonVI

BostonVI NES Member

Not sure if I can subscribe to the "this is just Trump playing 4D chess negotiation tactic" theory. If he keeps this rhetoric up then he's the enemy, plain and simple. Trump was by far the lesser of two evils, but in no way is he a true friend to 2A.

Waher and andrew1220 like this.
  19. todd c

todd c

You could be right. i stated i HOPE its a negotiating tactic, the same he did with the whole daca crap that ended up falling back as the dems fault nothing happened. i wasn't thrilled about him bring up the gop is afraid of the NRA, i think anything that passes gun realated will be very bad for the GOP. the one thing i do know is trump is unpredictable and i have no idea which way he is leaning and many probably feel the same way. IF he signs anything that restricts the 2A i will be done with him.

20. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi NES Member

Too far west of Alba, wrong side of the Jordan.
    "Take money and stuff first, due process second." <--- IRS

timbo likes this.
  21. PreliatorX

PreliatorX NES Member

Take your rights first... due process second... maybe... but only if you can the lawyer costs to get your rights back. 4D chess my ass, this guy has no idea what he's doing.

22. JJ4

JJ4 NES Member

The only silver lining on this shit-cloud is that he has not proposed a new AWB, yet, like he did before.

23. Individualist

Individualist NES Member

With those comments Trump lost at least half his voting base yesterday.

24. Boris

Boris Son of Kalashnikov NES Member

we really got no good candidates that could win, it's D or R. The R lineup was a pukefest, either ball-less whiners or RINOs and I bet every single one of them had more hidden connections and favors to give back. Some had good ideas but no leadership qualities to lead. Even Gary had to resort to running with a Ma**h*** gun grabber.

Illary is running her own show, I can see her run again, her ego and lifesupport are that big.

25. Squire

Squire NES Member

TRUMP is a Populist whose primary agenda in that which boosts his own Ego.

iofneedle likes this.
  26. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

Any weapons? Hmmmm

“Allow due process so no one’s rights are trampled, but the ability to go to court, obtain an order and then collect not only the firearms but any weapons.”

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  27. Individualist

Individualist NES Member

Take guns and weapons out of the discussion.

If the court decides a person poses danger to others or themself then take the person off the street, and get them professional help until they are legally declared to no longer be a threat.

Similar to if the court finds someone guilty of s crime and goes to prison until they’ve served their sentence and (supposedly) are no longer a threat to society.

Due process must be followed but the focus must be on the person and the threat they pose, not inanimate objects.

28. eboos

eboos NES Member

Qué?

Not to get off topic, but there are two ways of disputing a tax deficiency. First, don't pay and challenge in US Tax Court. Second, do pay and sue for a refund in US District Court.

29. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

The plan is to place anyone at-risk in a medically induced coma, since knives, rocks, 2x4's, VW Beetles and other items are makeshift weapons. Once under the medically induced coma, you (and only you) may petition the court for relief. I've heard that judges are 100% behind giving everyone relief if they come in while in the medically induced coma.

30. Obie1

Obie1 NES Member