Trump / Clinton "Presidential" Debate #3 (Oct. 19)

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Trump, or his 'guys' are no idiots. I'm hoping this was by design. Remember Romney destroyed Obama in debate #1, and in #2 he came double prepared and the moderators were in the bag for him? People have short memories. They will only probably remember the last debate. Reagan tanked his first Mondale debate in '84.
What I'm saying is that perhaps they didn't go for the jugular this time, knowing that if she did not have a good showing, they would double their efforts in the next debate.
Let him survive #1 intact, give her a sense of "it's in the bag".
I agree, he did not look as composed as he probably should have. She has been doing these debates for at least 15 years, been exposed to the process for at least 35. I didn't expect DT to win at all.
After watching though, I did find it odd that her answers seemed scripted. She can think on her feet, but she is nowhere in the same league as Bill was in that regard. She either had a heads up on the questions, or she had an earpiece, or both.

I"m hoping this was all by design, because even though DT is far from ideal, he's all we've got, and if he performs like that in the next two, he is toast, and it's time to max out my credit cards on my preps/
I hope you are right. I warned my wife this morning that I'd be buying way more ammo

Maui5150

Banned
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought Trump did poorly. Not sure how much he could "prepare" but what I did not see from him was a list of attacks for the topics.

On the "Birther"

-- he should have just said, it was old news, it was started by the Clinton Camp, and only brought up again by the Clinton Camp. There was nothing racist about the desire to see a birth cert for someone who has listed in his books that he was "born in Kenya" and if there was any racial motivations, that was from Clinton... But on that topic of old news... Perhaps we should be worried about someone running for President that always seems to be indicted or investigated... From White Water, to Travel gave, Benghazi to emails... It is clear that there are issues of honesty and clarity, as well as favoritism. Why does General Petraeus face sanctions when his breach of possessing classified information outside of controlled channels rises no where near to the occasion and breach of Clinton.

On Security

-- Trump should have mentioned Benghazi, the pleading of Stevens for more security, the lack of response from Clinton, and the horrific way he died. It is bad enough that the Secretary of State cannot secure an embassy, but then to put forward the lie of a "video" causing the tragedy, while immediately emailing her daughter the real details, again shows the lack of honesty and the fostering of self-serving deceit that is always predicated with Clinton. The make matters more serious, we have been told how well "refugees" are "vetted" and Clinton wants to bring in a massive amount of Syrians and others who pose high risk. While we are told how vetted they are, we also see who nearly 2000 who were supposed to be deported were mistakenly given citizenship.

On Temperment, Cyber Security, Iran and Russia

-- Our country is not for sale. It is disheartening to see that 20% or our Uranium, the key to making nuclear weapons and the like, was sold to Russia, with Clinton's blessing and not coincidentally after a large contribution by a participating party to the Clinton foundation. We see the distribution of high tech electronics to Iran which can be used for military applications, not only again blessed by the State Department, but also coincidentally after a $750K speech by her husband. And if we are worried about cyber security, here is a person, when charged with some of the most sensitive information that our government has, not only is it left unsecured, failed to follow proper channels, and then ultimately tens of thousands of emails deleted, but shown clear violations at the highest level whereby persons who did not have security clearance were given physical access to the servers.

Trump should have focused more on going after honesty, and her sketchy passed and worried less about her talking points

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Trump, or his 'guys' are no idiots. I'm hoping this was by design. Remember Romney destroyed Obama in debate #1, and in #2 he came double prepared and the moderators were in the bag for him? People have short memories. They will only probably remember the last debate. Reagan tanked his first Mondale debate in '84.
What I'm saying is that perhaps they didn't go for the jugular this time, knowing that if she did not have a good showing, they would double their efforts in the next debate.
Let him survive #1 intact, give her a sense of "it's in the bag".
I agree, he did not look as composed as he probably should have. She has been doing these debates for at least 15 years, been exposed to the process for at least 35. I didn't expect DT to win at all.
After watching though, I did find it odd that her answers seemed scripted. She can think on her feet, but she is nowhere in the same league as Bill was in that regard. She either had a heads up on the questions, or she had an earpiece, or both.

I"m hoping this was all by design, because even though DT is far from ideal, he's all we've got, and if he performs like that in the next two, he is toast, and it's time to max out my credit cards on my preps/
I pretty much agree with this. HRC used her usual memorized talking points, in addition to her taking cheap shots at him. She's very well versed in this area since she's been in 16 debates. Whenever Trump accused her of something, she just deflected onto another talking point and didn't allow herself to be placed in a position where she had to explain anything. In some cases, she just ignored the comments, shrugged her shoulder's and either just smirked or came back with something like, "I'm going to be blamed for everything" and just laughed about it. Although Trump wasn't polished enough to take advantage of this, I'm not sure that HRC's smug attitude played too well in Peoria.

Trump did let too many good opportunities slip through his hands. For example, she stated that she had stamina and withstood 11 hours of congressional hearings on Benghazi. Trump should have responded with something like, "well, if you didn't screw up so bad in Libya, there would have been no need for congressional hearings."

In addition, Trump was debating against two people. It's being reported Holt interrupted Trump 41 times and HRC only 7 times.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trump better hire some really good consultants to teach him how to debate between now and Oct 9th. While she was just as full of shit as he was, she appeared much more organized in her thoughts and structure of her answers. Trump just flew off into ridiculous tangents saying nothing and missing easy layups to slam her on email, benghazi and her invention of the birther thing. Most of his responses were just unstructured rambling.

Everyone (except Trump I guess) knows that you're not ever going to actually answer the moderator's question, but rather you should have a bunch of 2 minute speeches prepared that you can spit out for any given possible question. While you don't know what the questions are ahead of time, you should have a pretty good idea of what they'll be. Then you can give little 2 minute speeches that hit all the right buzz words/phrases and make you sound like you have an organized thought pattern.

If Trump wants to just mail it in again for the second debate, he's done. Can't wing it against this bitch. She's a pro.

CaseHardened

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree, trump is no romney whimp. And i respect that. I am thinking two problems that Trump has to fix
1) it seems like he had a cold (was sniffling) and that threw off his game
2) He needs to PREPARE more for the next debate. He tried winging it, and obviously that did not work. So he needs to remember key talking points, and make sure he gets them in next time. He can't forget them.

And hopefully, next time hillary will not be so healthy!

TRump has a unique way of speaking, and it goes over very well at his rallies. But i am not sure it goes too well at a debate, because he tends to bounce all over the place in his responses, instead of hammering home one or two key points in each response.
Well said

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trump better hire some really good consultants to teach him how to debate between now and Oct 9th. While she was just as full of shit as he was, she appeared much more organized in her thoughts and structure of her answers. Trump just flew off into ridiculous tangents saying nothing and missing easy layups to slam her on email, benghazi and her invention of the birther thing. Most of his responses were just unstructured rambling.

Everyone (except Trump I guess) knows that you're not ever going to actually answer the moderator's question, but rather you should have a bunch of 2 minute speeches prepared that you can spit out for any given possible question. While you don't know what the questions are ahead of time, you should have a pretty good idea of what they'll be. Then you can give little 2 minute speeches that hit all the right buzz words/phrases and make you sound like you have an organized thought pattern.

If Trump wants to just mail it in again for the second debate, he's done. Can't wing it against this bitch. She's a pro.
^ This, exactly. I still don't know that debates swing a huge amount of votes but if he is going to win it's going to be by a small margin so every vote counts. He needs to be much more prepared and composed in the next two debates.

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
^ This, exactly. I still don't know that debates swing a huge amount of votes but if he is going to win it's going to be by a small margin so every vote counts. He needs to be much more prepared and composed in the next two debates.
The best chance of winning these debates (and the election) is to make Illary lose her shit. He's not going to do that if he doesn't up his debating game.

92G

NES Member
Rating - 99%
98   1   0
Donald appeared passionate about our country's future. With the sole exception of stupid stop-and-frisk BS, he did very well. Hillary appeared to believe everything is wonderful. She exuded status quo mentality and McCarthyism fear mongering. She also appears to want war with the Russians.

The questions from Uncle Fester Holt were sided in favor of Hillary. Let's ask Donald about his taxes and birther movement and just gloss over Hillary's career of deceit, fraud and rape. Then let's followup Donald's answer with the same question twice. Hmmm seeems fair.

The online polls show Donald clearly the victor in this debate. Despite his occasional stupidity, he indeed won this debate. It's important to understand that regardless of outcome, the corporate media will declare Hillary the winner. The CNN poll showing Hillary won the debate was obtained from person with 26% greater support of Hillary BEFORE the poll was collected. GMAFB.

Checkout the polls on drudge and independent.uk. pretty clear anyone who knows how to use a computer things Donald whooped her.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
[h=1]I guess if you ain't cheating you ain't trying...

CLINTON RECEIVED DEBATE QUESTIONS WEEK BEFORE DEBATE[/h]http://baltimoregazette.com/clinton-received-debate-questions-week-debate/

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
[h=1]I guess if you ain't cheating you ain't trying...

CLINTON RECEIVED DEBATE QUESTIONS WEEK BEFORE DEBATE[/h]http://baltimoregazette.com/clinton-received-debate-questions-week-debate/

add that to Illary's long list of shit she pulled. She already demonstrated that breaking the law FBI would do nothing, what's some cheating here and there?

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
TRump has a unique way of speaking, and it goes over very well at his rallies. But i am not sure it goes too well at a debate, because he tends to bounce all over the place in his responses, instead of hammering home one or two key points in each response.
I mentioned this in another thread. For someone who clearly wanted some substance along with the rhetoric I was left severely undernourished. If he does not not bounce and strike back after this ill know the fix was in all along...

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
America Has Spoken! Poll Numbers From Last Night’s Debate Show Voters Have Picked Their President!

http://www.americanjournalreview.com/america-spoken-poll-numbers-last-nights-debate-show-voters-picked-president/

[FONT=&amp]Even with all of the bias, and having to debate TWO dishonest liberals (Lester Holt and Hillary), Trump still managed to come out ahead of Hillary. In nearly every debate poll, even on liberal sites, Trump dominated Hillary. Here are just a few….

[/FONT]

DRUDGE: Trump 82.1% Hillary 17.9%

THE HILL : Trump 58% Hillary 36%

CNBC: Trump 66% Hillary 34%

TIME: Trump 53% Hillary 47%

SLATE: Trump 55% Hillary 45%

FORTUNE: Trump 55% Hillary 48%

LAS VEGAS SUN: Trump 82% Hillary 18%

VARIETY: Trump 57% Hillary 43%

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If that's true do you think Trump knew it and knew it would be exposed? Maybe he let some things slide so he could complain later that she cheated. It's hard to whine about someone else cheating if you won anyway. I dunno, I think maybe my tin foil is a little tight this morning.
That WOULD explain how she seemed to be on top of everything. I hope they can find out more on this possibility. She would lose the election if it came out, for real, that she cheated in front of 100 million viewers!

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
America Has Spoken! Poll Numbers From Last Night’s Debate Show Voters Have Picked Their President!

http://www.americanjournalreview.com/america-spoken-poll-numbers-last-nights-debate-show-voters-picked-president/

[FONT=&amp]Even with all of the bias, and having to debate TWO dishonest liberals (Lester Holt and Hillary), Trump still managed to come out ahead of Hillary. In nearly every debate poll, even on liberal sites, Trump dominated Hillary. Here are just a few….

[/FONT]

Funny CNN has this [h=3]Story highlights[/h]
  • Poll: 62% say Clinton won, 27% Trump[rofl]

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

[/FONT]

Do not trust online polls. It can be botted to oblivion and back.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

[FONT=&]Even with all of the bias, and having to debate TWO dishonest liberals (Lester Holt and Hillary), Trump still managed to come out ahead of Hillary. In nearly every debate poll, even on liberal sites, Trump dominated Hillary. Here are just a few….

[/FONT]

Yeah so umm these aren't polls...it's just shit people click on on the internet. You have to be in major denial to think Trump won that. Hillary will see a few points boost in the actual polls as debate winners usually do.

Burgermeister

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
He definitely did not look like the Trump we have seen in the past. I am hoping this was on purpose and he is playing the long con knowing he has 2 more debates. He is no dummy.

He got hit with:
Birth certificate
Taxes
Racism

She got hit with:
Nothing (yet)

Which means he still has a full mag and she is left with a few smoke grenades.
Looking for more positives from last night, I thought along these lines. What "skeletons" can Killary expose from Trump's closet next time besides Trump University? Trump has quite a bit of ammunition for the next time.

JJ4

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

[/FONT]

LOL... the ol' "Declare victory and go home" strategy.

President-George-W.-Bush-Mission-Accomplished.jpg

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yeah so umm these aren't polls...it's just shit people click on on the internet. You have to be in major denial to think Trump won that. Hillary will see a few points boost in the actual polls as debate winners usually do.
+1. Trump's supporters are just better at internetting then Hil's folks.

Maui5150

Banned
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

[/FONT]

O.k... This scares the crap out of me.

I consider myself a rational, intelligent human being. I watched 90% of the debate, thought Hillary carried herself better than I expected, Trump was too defensive, ill-tempered, and really fumbled around and led by the nose instead of going for the throat.

Maybe this means I am a psychotic loony who is an absolute moron and out of touch, but I hate the **** with a passion, and was mildly depressed last night.

I guess my only answer is that more and more people hate the witch, so much, that Trump could have gone up there in clown make-up and farted and still would have won.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at the gunshow last weekend and there was a steady stream of Trump yard signs going out the door. Lots of Trump hats and not one item in support of the beast. Sure it's a gunshow but it's in liberal oregon.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think trump tried to take a softer approach last night while we were hope for him to thrash her into flopping on the ground like a fish. i hoped he would do better, but he didn't do horrible considering he had to go up against hillary and the moderator. the last debate is the one that matters and people remember.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0

I consider myself a rational, intelligent human being. I watched 90% of the debate, thought Hillary carried herself better than I expected, Trump was too defensive, ill-tempered, and really fumbled around and led by the nose instead of going for the throat.

Maybe this means I am a psychotic loony who is an absolute moron and out of touch, but I hate the **** with a passion, and was mildly depressed last night.

I guess my only answer is that more and more people hate the witch, so much, that Trump could have gone up there in clown make-up and farted and still would have won.

may be general public is start seeing through her bullshit?

One important argument that Trump made was "you have been fixing this for 30 years". It's an excellent point. Illary blamed Bush for monster recession etc., but after 8 years of Barry shit ain't right.

Dems can say whatever about economy, but reality is small biz (whatever left alive) is hurting bad, people are hurting. No stats can cover it.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

lol...I can't say I thought Trump lost but I agree with you that she did better than i thought she would. Then it seems she had received the questions to review before the debate...so it's easy to pass a test when you know what the questions are before hand...but also....

http://nypost.com/2016/09/26/the-best-debate-takes-come-from-inside-the-bar/

[h=1]How Trump won over a bar full of undecideds and Democrats[/h]

Reed, 35, is a registered Democrat and small businessman. “By the end of the debate, Clinton never said a thing to persuade me that she had anything to offer me or my family or my community,” he said, sitting at the same bar that has boasted local icons as regulars, such as the late Fred Rogers, and Arnold Palmer, who had his own stash of PM Whiskey hidden behind newer bottles of whiskey for his regular visits.

Reed said Clinton came across as either smug or as though she was reading her résumé, adding there was nothing on her résumé that touched on his life. “I am a small businessman, a farmer, come from a long line of farmers and coal miners. The policies she talked about tonight ultimately either hurt me or ignore me,” he said.

Top Bottom