• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trump Administration Designates Firearms Industry As Essential

This is a really good time to donate to your favorite 2A organizations as a Thank You for the lobbying effort they've been doing at State and National level to fight against the recent abuses. I am.

At the risk of mixing threads, I wonder how this will tie into those local PDs here in MA not accepting new applications?

A wonder is someone smarter than me has an opinion of how this might play out in lawsuits ?
President says they are essential.
Governor Dickweed in liberal state says no they are not and closes them anyway.

A wonder is someone smarter than me has an opinion of how this might play out in lawsuits ?
President says they are essential.
Governor Dickweed in liberal state says no they are not and closes them anyway.

The little I know of this issue came from a webinar hosted by a large national law firm last week. The short of it was the Department of Homeland Security CISA memo was merely guidance that states could follow or not. The states generally retain authority over health and safety matters. A law passed by Congress on a specific health and safety issue could override the states but courts would narrowly construe it. The Department of Defense memo and the CISA memo last week both explicitly provide that they are guidance and not federal law.

The little I know of this issue came from a webinar hosted by a large national law firm last week. The short of it was the Department of Homeland Security CISA memo was merely guidance that states could follow or not. The states generally retain authority over health and safety matters. A law passed by Congress on a specific health and safety issue could override the states but courts would narrowly construe it. The Department of Defense memo and the CISA memo last week both explicitly provide that they are guidance and not federal law.
And meanwhile the MSM and Hillary bitch that the federal govt should be exercising greater power over the states. Comical. Talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Back
Top Bottom