• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TruGlo sight failure

Pulled the S&W Shield out of the safe yesterday, it was the 9's turn to be taken for a run at the range. Raised the pistol to acquire the target & I notice the front sights are crapped. Back at the bench it appears that the TruGlo sight tubes oozed. The weapon is stored with the slide down in the safe rack. It's been a year since I had her out. The tubes are intact & still green just the sight ends are coated with a gray gooey ooze. [angry]
Any insight? Calling TruGlo tomorrow.

Sorry I didn't get a pic before I tried to clean the sight. No harsh solvents used, store all firearms in the safe wiped clean & dry. First thought it was ooze of some sort from an external source that had gotten on the pistol. After I had clean it up I also noticed the bubble end of the tube sight was gone, like it had just dissolved into the goo. Now it's like looking into the tube end with no enlarged convex end to the sight.

Back
Top Bottom