• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Truck Full Of Military Munitions Crashes In Montana Snowstorm

Back I believe it was 1985 in Oklahoma at the intersection of I40 and Hwy 69 a truck carrying 10 1000 pound bombs was hit by a car, in the fire caused by the collision 7 of them eventually detonated. The town was evacuated and it left a crater in the highway close to 30 feet deep, and close to 50 feet wide. I was traveling from Dallas TX to Tulsa OK, we heard the distant detonations as we approached I thought is was sonic booms. That was a bad day.

Back in 1991 there was a head-on crash on I91 in downtown Springfield between a wrong-way drunk in a car and an 18-wheel flatbed hauling nuclear fuel. The car caught fire and could have been extinguished quickly, but they let the whole thing burn for 12 hours, evacuated downtown and turned it into a major incident. No radiation escaped and the fuel casks were offloaded to another truck. The overtime checks were huge that week.
Truck carrying radioactive material crashes, no radiation release

Back
Top Bottom