• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Troy Slaps Dick's

So they pissed off gun owners for stopping selling them... Then they pissed off anti's for starting to sell them again. Man they can't stop tripping over thier own foot.

That's just the problem though. There's too many so called pro 2a that still have the "hurray for me and fvck you" attitude. Until we get united, these *******s will continues to ignore us.

I am in the group that will not buy from Dicks. I haven't been there for years since I bought a 10/22 and had to wait weeks because they did not give a rats ass about the already assinine laws here. And they told me Dick's policy superceeds the law.

Selling to a large scale retailer is risky, and not always the gold mine expected. The routine (which nearly killed Hi Standard via Sears) goes like this:

- Small company gets contract. Everyone celebrates

- Small company expands, opens more facilities, and hires more workers to fill contract.

- Contract is up for renewal. Small company rep goes to meed with mega retailer thinking about the percent unit price increase (s)he will negotiate. Mega retailer announced "we have determined the price reduction will be x%, take it or leave it". Small company reluctantly accepts.

- The above repeats until the small company is actually losing money on each unit - but accepts because the costs of shutting down some production facilities is large than the loss servicing mega corp.

- Process repeats.

There is also a risk mega corp will find an alternative source, or even source the product themselves (read http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/09/b...ghts-a-chinese-rival.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0 to see how ruthless Sears can be - though I know this exact issue does not exist with an out of patent design).

This and the big retailers often redesign the product to their unproven design to keep costs down.

The point is that NES members are still chasing ammo at Dicks.

I admit I still get ammo there. Is it supposed to be more noble to get raped at some of the LGS, especially ones that people just love and rave about, than to pay more "normal" pricing at Dick's?

Sorry in this climate where finding anything is like a lottery, it's hard to choosy.

We don't have much choice for sporting goods stores up in the Concord NH area. In fact, Dick's is pretty much the only game in town locally. That being said, since they pulled that crap after Newtown I have only set foot in their store once, to use up a gift card my son had received rather than let them keep the money. We drive to Manchester rather than go into that store. Even my 15 and 16 year old sons refuse to buy there.

If we can't hold firm to our principles, we may as well just roll over and let the antis do what they want. I for one will not forget how Dicks lived up to their name post-Newtown. I was a big spender there, they'll never get another dime out of my wallet.

Considering that the AWB renewal scare has been put to rest (at least for the foreseeable future), and demand for AR's has pretty much returned to normal, it's doubtful Troy would have seen any meaningful or substantial increase in profits by taking the deal with Dicks at this time.

You must have a high end crystal ball. My entry level one shows another AWB as a priority for this administration and Congress. Also shows RINOs caving in to pressure from the go along get along democraps. Oh yea, then there is that whole Obama is planning on signing the UN small arms treaty thing.

You must have a high end crystal ball. My entry level one shows another AWB as a priority for this administration and Congress. Also shows RINOs caving in to pressure from the go along get along democraps.

Not going to happen as long as the 60 vote majority is in place.

The ****ers couldn't even get Universal Background Check legislation passed despite all the sobbing and hand wringing from the Sandy Hook fellators.

And even if it were to pass the Senate... there's still the nagging problem of the House.

It's going to take a combination of a major shift in both the Senate and House, combined with another Newton type event in order for another AWB and/or mag ban to happen.

Even the antis have pretty much dropped it in favor of putting all their hopes and wishes into passing UBC legislation.

This doesn't mean I plan on letting my guard down, or believe that an AWB will never materialize in my lifetime (nor do I believe the antis have completely abandoned the idea), just that I see it as highly unlikely to happen (at least not for quite some time).

Oh yea, then there is that whole Obama is planning on signing the UN small arms treaty thing.

Which has nothing to do with an AWB, or Federal gun control legislation that would affect gun owners.

Not going to happen as long as the 60 vote majority is in place.

The ****ers couldn't even get Universal Background Check legislation passed despite all the sobbing and hand wringing from the Sandy Hook fellators.

And even if it were to pass the Senate... there's still the nagging problem of the House.

It's going to take a combination of a major shift in both the Senate and House, combined with another Newton type event in order for another AWB and/or mag ban to happen.

Even the antis have pretty much dropped it in favor of putting all their hopes and wishes into passing UBC legislation.

This doesn't mean I plan on letting my guard down, or believe that an AWB will never materialize in my lifetime (nor do I believe the antis have completely abandoned the idea), just that I see it as highly unlikely to happen (at least not for quite some time).

Which has nothing to do with an AWB, or Federal gun control legislation that would affect gun owners.

I disagree with your position on the the UN ATT. It definately contains language which applies both to AW and national (ie. federal) gun control legislation. Only the Senate ratifies international treaties., no issues with the House. The following excerpts are from an article written by Fred DeRuvo.

freedomoutpost.com/2013/05/what-if-obama-signs-the-un-arms-trade-treaty/

When any country signs onto a UN treaty, that country effectively gives up a some sovereignty by placing itself under the auspices of the United Nations. In effect then, certain laws of a particular country could eventually become infringed or entirely canceled out because of that position.

Even if Obama signs this treaty, it would have to be ratified by the Senate. There is a good possibility that this would fail ratification attempts. I doubt that this would mean the Obama administration would give up though. 2014 is coming.

While the treaty recognizes the rights of the individual “states” (countries signing on) to continue to do whatever is needed for the protection of their own borders and people, the treaty attempts to curtail illegal arms sales.

There are only two areas where I see potential problems. The first one, under Article 2, point h concerns, “Small arms and light weapons.” There is no specific definition of “small arms and light weapons” anywhere in the text that I could find. However, one paragraph states, “Noting the contribution made by the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects, as well as the Protocol against the Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Their Parts and Components and Ammunition.”

The treaty outlines how each state will essentially create an elaborate “national control system” that catalogs all ammunition/munitions as well as parts/components related to items in Article 2. Moreover, the treaty encourages this same approach with all conventional weaponry for each state, though the term “conventional” is also not defined. Article 12 also references national records.

The treaty will create larger government requiring millions in taxpayer dollars for the system and staff. The government will grow another “arm” essentially.

Could this become a national database extending to weapons held by private, law-abiding citizens? Possibly. Article 10 may hint at this. “Each State Party shall take measures, pursuant to its national laws, to regulate brokering taking place under its jurisdiction for conventional arms covered under Article 2 (1). Such measures may include requiring brokers to register or obtain written authorization before engaging in brokering.” It’s unclear.

The other problem is how changes are adopted to the treaty after a state becomes part of the treaty. This is highlighted in Article 20. Once the treaty takes effect, no changes can occur for six years. After that, changes could be made every three years. Once an individual states sign onto the treaty, that state’s governing body is out of the picture, permanently. In other words, though the US Senate would have to originally ratify the treaty for it to become effective for the United States, after that, any amendments would be done by vote of the member states, not their governing bodies.

Six years from becoming effective, should member states pass an amendment making private gun possession illegal for all member states’ citizens, that would become law for America. America’s 2nd Amendment would be infringed/eradicated by this treaty. The left says this can’t happen, but what’s to stop it?

You must have a high end crystal ball. My entry level one shows another AWB as a priority for this administration and Congress. Also shows RINOs caving in to pressure from the go along get along democraps. Oh yea, then there is that whole Obama is planning on signing the UN small arms treaty thing.

The AWB will probably never come back on the federal level. It only got 40 votes as an amendment back in April, in a Democratically-controlled Senate. Even the ban on high caps only got 46 votes.

I have been frustrated with both Dicks and Troy. In the end, I feel Troy was the worst of the 2 having been the only company I know of that doubled their price on their AR's during the height of the gun craze this past winter. I didn't see S&W, Ruger, Mossberg, Savage, Colt or anyone else double their prices, but Troy did. I will never purchase from them again and they are actually located less than 2 miles from my house..

Dicks on the other hand did take a step back when Newtown happened, not a good move, but they did get caught up in the insanity. They didn't stop selling guns and ammo, they just backed off of the "black guns".... they didn't try to rape us like Troy, they kept their prices steady.

I am looking for a folding chair - the type with a metal frame and nylon fabric that collapses to a small size for carry. The problem is the only place I know that sells these is Dicks, and not only would buying one compromise principles, it would be downright embarrassing to be seen with it on the range.

Can someone suggest another supplier

I didn't see S&W, Ruger, Mossberg, Savage, Colt or anyone else double their prices, but Troy did.
If the housing marked spikes and it's time for you sell, will you rape the buyers or charge them a fair price that does not factor in recent changes in supply and demand? Or, are the rules different when it is your money at stake?

I am looking for a folding chair - the type with a metal frame and nylon fabric that collapses to a small size for carry. The problem is the only place I know that sells these is Dicks, and not only would buying one compromise principles, it would be downright embarrassing to be seen with it on the range.

If the housing marked spikes and it's time for you sell, will you rape the buyers or charge them a fair price that does not factor in recent changes in supply and demand? Or, are the rules different when it is your money at stake?

Like you said, I have principles too... If you got a flat tire at 10pm at night, in front of my auto shop and wanted someone to fix it, I was in the shop working, you asked me for my service and I charged you $200... would you come back for more work? In my world, I always ask myself, how would I want to be treated in a situation.. but that's just me..

One more thing... I guess I can expect you to stick it up my butt... if you have the opportunity...

Outdoor folding chairs? Home Depot has them cheap, although the $8 version is a little flimsy... you may want to get the $15 option.

That's just the problem though. There's too many so called pro 2a that still have the "hurray for me and fvck you" attitude. Until we get united, these *******s will continues to ignore us.
Cheaper Than Dirt won't ship so much as a knife to MA, and people still buy from them, so yeah.

I got mine at the local Ace Hardware and they are better than the ones at Dicks...

Back
Top Bottom