Troy M7A1 PDW stock kit

JackO

Instructor
Does anybody use this on their SBR? Looks like a very interesting option, making your SBR even shorter, and making a very convenient home defense weapon.
375993.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/3058121848/troy-industries-m7a1-pdw-stock-assembly-ar-15

Since when do you call yourself "we"? I have asked a technical, not a political question.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, East coast arsenal is selling it for $349, but one still has to buy bolt, cam pin, firing pin and firing pin retainer pin.

I use the mini stock and buffer from LWRC. Cheap, reliable, light, good cheek weld and not much longer. Ive thought about getting the side folding stock adapter for shits and giggles.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

TROYCOTT, or DIE.

I just saw the NEA kit (the one Troy ripped off) for like 100 bucks cheaper on FB.

These things interested me, but it makes the rifle like 1 inch shorter when it is collapsed and it looks like the cheek weld would suck. Idk about you, but I keep the stocks on my rifles pretty much set where I want them, especially for home defense. If that extra inch is that import to you, go for the LWRC kit like Mike mentioned and save some money.

TROYCOTT, or DIE.

I just saw the NEA kit (the one Troy ripped off) for like 100 bucks cheaper on FB.

These things interested me, but it makes the rifle like 1 inch shorter when it is collapsed and it looks like the cheek weld would suck. Idk about you, but I keep the stocks on my rifles pretty much set where I want them, especially for home defense. If that extra inch is that import to you, go for the LWRC kit like Mike mentioned and save some money.

To be fair troy licensed it, no I would not buy it from troy. At 350 assembled it is about 100 bucks more than a standard stock. I imagine as more copies come out that will drop.

Can any stock be used with the LWRC buffer tube or is it proprietary?

Idk, but if the idea is shaving an inch off the OAL of your blaster, why would you use any other stock body? I think it looks kind of neat, like a mini SOPMOD, I just can't stomach the price for an inch saved.

Can any stock be used with the LWRC buffer tube or is it proprietary?

I havent tried but the benefit is you have a shorter stock with a shorter buffer tube. I dont see any reason why you couldn't, but it would defeat the purpose.

Mile

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Back
Top Bottom