• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Troy Defense pump action rifle

Asking around in NY where they have them fly off the shelves... They only sell full rifles and don't sell uppers or pump kits... Shame because I could think of a few fun builds...

queer
kwir/
adjective
strange; odd.
"she had a queer feeling that they were being watched"
synonyms: odd, strange, unusual, funny, peculiar, curious, bizarre, weird, uncanny, freakish, eerie, unnatural; More
verbinformal
spoil or ruin (an agreement, event, or situation).
"Reg didn't want someone meddling and queering the deal at the last minute"

queer
kwir/
adjective
strange; odd.
"she had a queer feeling that they were being watched"
synonyms: odd, strange, unusual, funny, peculiar, curious, bizarre, weird, uncanny, freakish, eerie, unnatural; More
verbinformal
spoil or ruin (an agreement, event, or situation).
"Reg didn't want someone meddling and queering the deal at the last minute"

Yep, not to mention, it's Troy...

I've seen a couple of Troy pumps locally. They don't seem to be very reliable. Lots of jams, and failures to fire.
The fluted chambers ruin the brass for reloading.
You can get a pretty nice AR or a good bolt gun for the same price, or less.

I will pass on the Troy pump.

Jack

Last time I was at Nicks in Palmer they had one on the shelf. I was intrigued but for the price point I'd just go bolt.

why would they put a fluted barrel on it? how the F can you not have a pump gun jam.... they couldnt figure out how to get a 760 series style action on the upper ? 7600 do have some issues but they where big back when semi autos where out of the budget .

good god, troy why are they feeding this crap to folks. do they know something we dont....

Last edited:
I've seen a couple of Troy pumps locally. They don't seem to be very reliable. Lots of jams, and failures to fire.
The fluted chambers ruin the brass for reloading.
You can get a pretty nice AR or a good bolt gun for the same price, or less.

I will pass on the Troy pump.

Jack
I fired one while on vacation in Vegas. My wife did as well. No thanks. Will jam up if not pumped with a lot of force. Does not have that nice smooth pump action that my Remington 870 shotguns do. Besides, if stuck with .223 caliber for any reason, I would demand at least a 20" barrel to get the most velocity out of that small round. Personally, I will stick with my .308. Lots of bark, but most importantly, lots of bite as well![smile]

I hope this endeavor turns to shit for troy

I don't mind it as a concept same as I wouldn't mind a lever action ar just for s's and giggles. I would rather it be an add on for any caliber (and ar-10s) but I don't hold it against them for building it to get past the stupid semi auto bans...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

A liddle birdy told me that they had a bunch of substandard barrels that wouldn't work in a semi auto.[shocked]Jack

Your birdy is wrong. The fluting it to help eject casings, mainly the steel ones. They stick if you don't run the action after shooting, same thing happens with steel case and bolt guns.
I have reloaded the brass a few times after shooting it though the pump with no problems.

How many Ruger, S&W's, and Remingtons do you own though? You would be hard pressed to find a firearms company that has not screwed us over in an attempt to pad their bottom line.

Hell, Reagan passed some of the most hated gun control measures in the last fifty years yet he is one of the most beloved R presidents in modern times.

So that excuses and validates what is going on now with troy hiring a ****ing Federal thug that has no problem with the killing of innocent people.

Did I say that? I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of singling out one company over others: The list is long and dirty.

Did I say that? I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of singling out one company over others: The list is long and dirty.

Hyposcrisy? Who says I didn't hold a grudge against Ruger too? And the previous ownership of S&W?

Also, there's a difference between gun companies caving in to political pressure and a company hiring and celebrating the career of a federal murderer that is the very symbol of illegal government overreach. As long as the people that hired and defended the hiring of this thug are connected to Troy, they can kiss the back of my bag.

Hyposcrisy? Who says I didn't hold a grudge against Ruger too? And the previous ownership of S&W?

Also, there's a difference between gun companies caving in to political pressure and a company hiring and celebrating the career of a federal murderer that is the very symbol of illegal government overreach. As long as the people that hired and defended the hiring of this thug are connected to Troy, they can kiss the back of my bag.

Fair enough. It was a comment about short term memories and the gun buying public as much as anything. People here seem to focus on Troy and forget the sordid pasta of many mfg's, somehow justifying it. I don't agree with your justification / differentiation between hiring an ******* and supporting a bigger ******* who quite literally wrote anti-gun legislation or a company who sucked Clinton's dick.

Fair enough. It was a comment about short term memories and the gun buying public as much as anything. People here seem to focus on Troy and forget the sordid pasta of many mfg's, somehow justifying it. I don't agree with your justification / differentiation between hiring an ******* and supporting a bigger ******* who quite literally wrote anti-gun legislation or a company who sucked Clinton's dick.

You completely missed the point. The people who did that at Ruger and S&W don't own the company any more. The people at Troy do.

If you don't like the management of the company just don't buy new... Or are you one of those people who think the companies magically get paid everytime a gun changes hands?

I bought A Troy PAR in .308 a couple weeks ago. I won't disclose any details, but I will say that it is back at Troy to be looked at. I will say that it is a cool looking rifle and accurate. I may be your first review.

These pump/bolt AR's make me sad inside. I'll never buy one.
images

Back
Top Bottom