• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Troy AR's any good?

I just came from Dick's Sporting Goods in Nashua and was looking at their AR's. I've never seen a Troy AR before and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

No experience with their complete rifles but the parts they make for AR's are solid and well-priced, so I imagine their rifles are the same.

Lee Sportsmen's is raffling one off (though, I think it's a ban-compliant model - probably won't want that since the OP lives in America). Talk to MassMark if you want a ticket.

Troy is right in Springfield, and he makes 100% American made parts, down to the screws in his sights and webbing in his slings. I have some of his gear and it is well built and supports a local business.

Troy is right in Springfield, and he makes 100% American made parts, down to the screws in his sights and webbing in his slings. I have some of his gear and it is well built and supports a local business.

^^^This^^^ is a strong point in making my decision.

On the American made parts, I know he likes to use local shops as he mentioned to me a local shop machines his screws and his webbing comes from RI. So besides his shop, he is also supporting other local businesses. I toured the shop and saw the group making slings, another area packaging parts and working on all sorts of stuff. His facility was pretty nice and he mentioned moving into a larger shop due to an increase in orders (which was pre Troy ARs so I assume that was the deal that got him the increase in sales). I like the guy, he seemed proud of what he made, is a family business and didnt seem to have a huge ego like some of the other heads of companies get.

I to have toured the shop.
I also own some of their stuff.
The items they make are first rate.
So any rifle made by them would be GTG!

smitty

Back
Top Bottom