• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Troy Arms is leaving Massachusetts for Tennessee

Backstory please...never heard of them until now. Who knew?

Steve Troy's statement posted in the thread below.

Last edited:
I don't think that most of the so called "freedom lovers" really cared.

Probably not many people who even know about it at this point. Most new gun owners these days either don't know, and at least half of them probably don't care because they've been brainwashed to believe Ruby Ridge was some crazy nutbag white supremacist extremist who killed a cop.

Most of the non-gun owning public believe that narrative as well. They also believe that the Branch Davidians deserved to burn to death, too, so there you are.

Wait they are mass based? Learn something new every day

Why did i think they were Canadian

Lots of AR stuff is/was mASS based. Started with Dick Swan and A.R.M.S. in WB in 1980. You do know who Dick Swan is, right????

Troy in SPFLD. Yankee Hill is in Easthampton. All 3 were big before AR's were the HUGE business they are today. Back when Fudds ruled the ranges.

Lots of AR stuff is/was mASS based. Started with Dick Swan and A.R.M.S. in WB in 1980. You do know who Dick Swan is, right????

Troy in SPFLD. Yankee Hill is in Easthampton. All 3 were big before AR's were the HUGE business they are today. Back when Fudds ruled the ranges.
No idea about swan I knew yhm was local but for whatever reason I didn't know about troy

Dick Swan was a genius at (at or worked with - I forget) Colt to invent the 1913 rail and went off and did his own thing here in mASS. ARMS was possibly teh first BUIS manufacturer. They were the mount manf for a lot of AR optics for years. He was a bit of a tool but he was an innovator. He has a billion patents and something like 50 NSN #'s to his credit.

His shop's still there.
My mother went to school with him. Said he used to carry this notebook around with him and every once in a while stop whatever he was doing and start writing stuff down in it, like he was being fed info from a satellite.

He has quite a place in Bridgewater. Used to fish on the property 20 or so yrs ago. Driving down to "Swan Lake", there was an old Halftrack tucked away behind the house.

f*** ARMS too!

Back
Top Bottom