• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Troopers arrest two men, seize two firearms, ammo, and ballistic vest from vehicle, following pursuit

Just another example of the extant of the flow of drugs in our country. The Dominicans and Mexicans are reaching everywhere in the NE!

they hide in the shit hole cities that used to be decent places when I was a kid, a long time ago.

Not surprised someone would use an exercise weight as armor. Idiots will use anything they can get.
It is unlikely those are really meant as exercise weights. There being sold by "Wolf Tactical" that features carry/defense/merc work equipment.

Only two scenarios I can think of:
  1. These are substandard units from a ballistic protection point of view, but fully useful as weights.

2. The marketing is designed to provide plausible deniability when selling in jurisdictions that require civilians remain pervious to government projectiles, or in anticipation of a proposed NY ban. File this under "good luck with that".

When I was cruising through BPD's "one less gun" posts earlier today I noted a number of P80s and at least 3 or 4 Kahrs in there, all from 2020. I thought it was strange except the Kahrs are small and relatively cheap so who knows.

I happen to LOVE looking at the "One Less Gun" posts from the constabulary

I am immediately enlarging the pictures, checking out the hardware and doing a quick mental evaluation of the firearm (Shoot / Safe Queen / Sell). There is always a laugh when I see the "cowboy" style gun in the pictures...usually a 22LR version

Most of the them are "Sell", but there is an occasional "ah, whatta waste it is going to be destroyed" in the pictures.

Back
Top Bottom