• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Triple 7 and Pyrodex storage - what are the limits in MA?

I just want to make sure of the definition of these black powder substitutes. Without a permit ammo storage laws allow 16 lbs for smokeless and 2 lbs for black powder. Does anyone know if Triple 7 and Pyrodex fall under the smokeless category or under black powder? I'm guessing the former but don't want to fall foul of the law.

As far as I know they fall under the smokeless category. In this state though, we are at the mercy of how the powers that be feel about powder and ammo today.
I just want to make sure of the definition of these black powder substitutes. Without a permit ammo storage laws allow 16 lbs for smokeless and 2 lbs for black powder. Does anyone know if Triple 7 and Pyrodex fall under the smokeless category or under black powder? I'm guessing the former but don't want to fall foul of the law.

I would make a call to either your Fire Chief or the State Fire Marshal's Office and ask. I honestly don't know and that info would be valuable to a lot of people here.

Back
Top Bottom