Trijicon MRO thoughts

Which red dots are you comparing the MRO to?
Just curious.

I picked up my gun last night and noticed that while the unit is off, I see a reflection of a red dot....and while using the optic in low light I can actually see a dot while it's off. Just a tidbit that I didn't like.

Aimpoint PRO
EOTech XPS2-1
Vortex StrikeFire II
Burris XTS-135 (highly under-rated, IMO)
A couple of Primary Arms micro red dots

I'll have to check the "dot while it's off" thing when I get home tonight. That's disconcerting.

I have an RMR on a pistol, it once lived on a 16" AR before i got that pistol. IT was ok, didn't love it. Perhaps i didn't like it because it was an amber dot.

- - - Updated - - -

That T-2 has a hefty price tag as well. If i was at that price point i think i would just go for the compm4.
I dont think I'd run any rmr on a rifle other than the 1moa Rm09. Maybe the 3.5moa but even that is covering a lot at distance.

Aimpoint PRO
EOTech XPS2-1
Vortex StrikeFire II
Burris XTS-135 (highly under-rated, IMO)
A couple of Primary Arms micro red dots

I'll have to check the "dot while it's off" thing when I get home tonight. That's disconcerting.

I prefer my T1 Micro over this. I bought the MRO because it was cheaper and had better field of vision.

As far as the dot while it's off: I noticed when I was sighting in under a covered range. I had to double check that the brightness selector was actually off...and it was.

Or a 1.5x mini acog, if you can catch a good sale. I grabbed one for less than the price of a T2 a couple of years back and I like it much more than any red dot I've shot or handled.

Can you say what you like about it? Does the 1.5x make it hard to use both eyes open?

Can you say what you like about it? Does the 1.5x make it hard to use both eyes open?

I love how clear it is, and the fact that the red dot is so sharp. I'm sure it's my eyes, but my MRO does the star thing for me. Not bad, but nowhere near as crisp as the acog. I also prefer the acog's etched reticle (23 moa red ring around a 2 moa dot on mine). The size and weight are nice too. The mount options were not ideal with the one that I got, which has since been discontinued, but I did find one that works well.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I actually like the 1.5x, even with both eyes open. When it's set up correctly you see everything as you normally would with both eyes open only the view through the glass is noticably much clearer and still only slightly magnified. You don't really see the housing much at all. The view of the target, to me, is much better than it ever could be with my naked eye.

Got the MRO and Larue QD mount, I like it, seems very solid (the mount is terrific), the dot is round to me. At max brightness like in the picture, you can see a red reflection up and left when the dot is not perfectly centered - it only disappears when you have the dot in the center of your view. But I don't think you need to use max brightness.

The slight magnification doesn't really bother me.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• MRO.jpg
    MRO.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 40
  • MRO-2.jpg
    MRO-2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I don't think I've ever even turned mine past 4 or 5. That's a good looking setup. Nice rifle.

If anyone gets a chance to check out the Sidelok mount I think you'll like it. They have an MRO-specific version that is rock solid and mind numbingly simple to use.

Back
Top Bottom