Trijicon MRO Experiences?

Hi folks,

Anyone have experience with the Trijicon MRO? Looking for straight honest accounts from those who have shot with it.

Thanks!

Love mine. I have two, both on AR9 carbines. Crisp, clear dots and a BIG field of view. No parallax issues I've ever noticed. Reliable, and I like the big knob for on/brightness. Pricey, but sometimes you can catch a good sale.

I have a MRO, Aimpoint PRO, and T1. If I was in the market for another red dot, I would buy another MRO. I find for the price ($380’ish) when they’re on sale it’s tough to beat. I do notice a little magnification on mine but it’s not enough to bother me. Mine has a pre 89k serial. The only thing I wish the MRO has were a few more brightness settings to lower the brightness just a little bit when zero’ing it.

They are good to go. have ones on 9mm Ar, Sig MCX, and a Tavor 95x, Bren 805. High quality, good battery life, cheaper than an Aimpoint.

Love mine. I have two, both on AR9 carbines. Crisp, clear dots and a BIG field of view. No parallax issues I've ever noticed. Reliable, and I like the big knob for on/brightness. Pricey, but sometimes you can catch a good sale.

The MRO has some of the worst parallex out there. Esp the pre 85XXX serials. tons of threads on arfcom about the issues. If your shooting 50 yards and in, you might not notice but 50 yards and out, definitey noticable.

Sold mine after constantly dealing with 10 moa of parallex shift when shooting in odd positions at 100 yards.

Parallax-Test-Results.jpg

Last edited:
I had an early Mro that I really wanted to like. Love the design but I could not shoot it both eyes open. Close either I and I was on target. Don’t know if it was a faulty one or the slight magnification played with my eyes. I do want to try one again though. I’m hoping I got one of the early ones where they were still working out the bugs.

The MRO has some of the worst parallex out there. Esp the pre 85XXX serials. tons of threads on arfcom about the issues. If your shooting 50 yards and in, you might not notice but 50 yards and out, definitey noticable.

Sold mine after constantly dealing with 10 moa of parallex shift when shooting in odd positions at 100 yards.

Parallax-Test-Results.jpg
Huh. Never noticed any problems with parallax, and I've shot at 100 yards a lot. Maybe because I never shot in odd positions, i.e. always from a conventional stance, I just never noticed it. Interesting. Now I'm going to have to see if I can "force" any by moving my head around.

Huh. Never noticed any problems with parallax, and I've shot at 100 yards a lot. Maybe because I never shot in odd positions, i.e. always from a conventional stance, I just never noticed it. Interesting. Now I'm going to have to see if I can "force" any by moving my head around.

You'll def notice it if shooting in unconventional positions when you cant get a good center dot on the target. And also if you're moving between targets quick at longer ranges in that position.

It was really annoying me since it was never happening with my primary arms or eotechs but always whenever I shot my rifle with the mro.

I have also been contemplating an MRO. $370 on Dvor right now.. They also came out with an HD version, not sure how it stacks up, but a lot more $

I would say there certainly is one but I would say with anything shooting related, if you try and fundamentally use something incorrectly you tend to get poor results.

View: https://youtu.be/d2vEWaXhGIY

I was just about to buy the MRO w/ Larue mount and then came across the Holosun 503g w/ ACSS reticle for about half the price. Seems like nobody can say anything bad about it... Reticle similar time the MRO HD / Eotech, but with a chevron and BDC

Trijicon MRO HD. Woof! That boy's pricey.

Wow, didn't know the HD was available. Quote a price. Last April I wrote Trijicon about magnifiers.
Brewer said:
Do you have any plans or intention to develop an inline magnifier similar to the Eotech and Vortex 3x magnifiers? I am considering one for the distant future but prefer Trijicon optics.
Trijicon Tech Support said:
We currently do not have a magnifier however, we do track all request and send them to the correct Product Manager for review. This is a request we have received quite a bit as well.
I've since come to love Eotech for the massive reticle and how easily you can find it (68moa if I recall correctly for the ring) but still go precise (1moa dot). Last SHOT Show Eotech announced a 5x magnifier coming soon, so I'm saving my pennies for one.

Wow, didn't know the HD was available. Quote a price. Last April I wrote Trijicon about magnifiers.

I've since come to love Eotech for the massive reticle and how easily you can find it (68moa if I recall correctly for the ring) but still go precise (1moa dot). Last SHOT Show Eotech announced a 5x magnifier coming soon, so I'm saving my pennies for one.

MSRP $920 (no mount) to $980 (lower 1/3 mount).

Back
Top Bottom