Trijicon For CQB AR

Bad13Luck

NES Member
Thinking about getting Trijicon for latest CQB AR build any suggestions on models I should be looking at.

BadLuck

IMO for a CQB rifle I would use a reflex or red dot, not a ACOG magnified optic. I have an ACOG on my MSR STG-556 , and also a Docter optic. The Docter is a lot quicker, and alll I think I need <100 yds.

An ACOG can be used as a CQB optic as long as it has the Binden Aiming Concept. Only issue is if you shoot right handed but are left eye dominant. Due to the magnification the point of aim will be slightly off if your dominant eye isn't the one looking through the ACOG. You could always attach a Doctor red dot to the top also.

IMO for a CQB rifle I would use a reflex or red dot, not a ACOG magnified optic. I have an ACOG on my MSR STG-556 , and also a Docter optic. The Docter is a lot quicker, and alll I think I need <100 yds.

+1 Here. I think you would be better off with a Doctor, FastFire, C-More, or the Triji reflex.

Try accupoint 1-4x24 red triangle. Pretty good for CQB and the magnification at 4x is very good. Not as solid as an ACOG but nice scope.

My 1/2 cent worth, get a laser. If you are referring to clearing schools/business/regular sized rooms where you will be mainly shooting 6 - 30 feet the laser is ideal. If your build is for fun and not real life CQB/CQC, then maybe a low power optic will work for you. If you are really clearing rooms with unknown/multiple adversaries, you will likely be clearing with the gun mounted close to your chest center without bringing the sights upto your eye. An optic doesn't do much for you in this circumstance.

Dave

My 1/2 cent worth, get a laser. If you are referring to clearing schools/business/regular sized rooms where you will be mainly shooting 6 - 30 feet the laser is ideal. If your build is for fun and not real life CQB/CQC, then maybe a low power optic will work for you. If you are really clearing rooms with unknown/multiple adversaries, you will likely be clearing with the gun mounted close to your chest center without bringing the sights upto your eye. An optic doesn't do much for you in this circumstance.

Dave

The problem with this is that you need a really solid index to use a laser quickly, otherwise you are searching for the dot and not looking at the threat. It takes alot of practice to get that solid index

Back
Top Bottom