Trijicon ACOG: Gen 2

Reptile

NES Member
The Trijicon ACOG is not a new sight. The TA01 Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight was released in 1987 and gained acclaim, and wide adoption in the two decades after. By 2007 optics had become standard for first world militaries and mass adoption of sight platforms was proceeding. The United States Marine Corps acquired 115,000 sights after an evaluation of the optic in 2005 determined it was a high value add force multiplier fleetwide.

The ACOG line developed into a multitude of variations for service rifles, carbines, light, medium, and heavy machine guns. Trijicon’s nigh indestructible combat optic garnered a sterling reputation, but not quite flawless.

Trijicon ACOG: Gen 2 - GAT Daily (Guns Ammo Tactical)

Article on the next generation of ACOGs.

Reportedly does not blur for people with astigmatism.

Eh, doesn't really tilt my excitement meter over my current acog. I'll be honest, I think a huge improvement they could make is to illuminate the whole crosshair engraving as opposed to just a segment.

It doesn't sound like they've made very many changes to it, and maybe no significant changes. It's good to see them keeping the micros in the lineup though. I love my TA26, though at full retail prices it's a slightly tougher sell vs some of the other red dot options.

Back
Top Bottom