Trigger Work

Have a S&W Model 25-15 (.45 LC) that I wanted trigger work done on. Wanted a smooth trigger installed and wanted the pull weight brought down as low as safely possible. Dropped it off at one of my local dealers....work to be done by one the gunsmiths he works with. When it came back, was told that S&W no longer supplies the smooth triggers. The 'smith ground down the face of the trigger to get rid of the serrations and make it smooth, and then did the rest of the work. Please do not misinterpret....quality of work was superb, trigger now has a smooth face...as I wanted, and the weight is exactly what I wanted. "Surprise" shots are now the norm and is what I was looking for. Could not ask for better double action. I was taken aback at the end price....$195. Was told it was mostly due to the grinding because S&W no longer provides the smooth triggers. Did send a couple of e-mails to S&W customer service inquiring about the smooth trigger situation. Never heard a word back from S&W. Does anyone know if this is, in fact, the case? S&W no longer sells smooth revolver triggers to either dealers or gunsmiths? Thanks for any info...........

A trigger job on an S&W runs 60.00 to 90.00 plus a spring kit, 12.00. (Brownell's) The trigger is available from Numrich for 44.15.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=1029020C

time to fit the trigger and check timing would be another $25.00-30.00

so 90.00+12.00+44.15+30.00=176.15 plus dealers mark up 10-15% 195.00 isn't out of order.

Smoothing and polishing the trigger is about an hour's work so the cost would be about the same as a new trigger and fitting time.

A trigger job on an S&W runs 60.00 to 90.00 plus a spring kit, 12.00. (Brownell's) The trigger is available from Numrich for 44.15.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=1029020C

time to fit the trigger and check timing would be another $25.00-30.00

so 90.00+12.00+44.15+30.00=176.15 plus dealers mark up 10-15% 195.00 isn't out of order.

Smoothing and polishing the trigger is about an hour's work so the cost would be about the same as a new trigger and fitting time.

That's what I figured....and am very pleased with my own personal result. Guess my bottom-line question is....is S&W no longer offering smooth revolver triggers to anyone? Thanks for the info....

Back
Top Bottom