Trigger work

I have a (you guessed it!) Beretta 9000s and have been pretty pleased so far with it, Only a few FTE's over nearly 1,000 rounds and thats with really really really cheap ammo. Silver Bear and Sellier and Bellot and a few others. Working on cleaning behind the extractor a bit with a specialized tool because the brushes I have don't get too far behind there.
I digress, I was just reading up on the M&P posts on how fantastic it is to get the crappy 10lb trigger done up on those guns. My trigger is still Shite after all those rounds and some dry fire work too. So was wondering if anyone has done any work with this style of polymer gun on improving the trigger? I think I may just send it out and feel naked for the week rather than attempt to polish some parts myself and or do spring replacement. Any feedback would be great!

What is this guns primary use? Do you carry this gun for self defense? If so I would stay away from serious trigger work. If you do anything just have the action smoothed up a bit. I wouldn't go to a light trigger as that will be used against you if you ever do carry. One option is to have the trigger tuned to the stock trigger the rest of the country has. That is what I'm doing with my M&P compact.

hope this is somewhat helpful.

Pete

I have a (you guessed it!) Beretta 9000s and have been pretty pleased so far with it, Only a few FTE's over nearly 1,000 rounds and thats with really really really cheap ammo. Silver Bear and Sellier and Bellot and a few others. Working on cleaning behind the extractor a bit with a specialized tool because the brushes I have don't get too far behind there.
I digress, I was just reading up on the M&P posts on how fantastic it is to get the crappy 10lb trigger done up on those guns. My trigger is still Shite after all those rounds and some dry fire work too. So was wondering if anyone has done any work with this style of polymer gun on improving the trigger? I think I may just send it out and feel naked for the week rather than attempt to polish some parts myself and or do spring replacement. Any feedback would be great!

Having had a few Beretta 9000s in my life, the trigger is tough, and will stay that way. If you want to improve the situation significantly, get yourself a set of Sig P232 hammer springs from Wolff. Play with different weights so that you have reliable ignition and the lighter trigger pull your looking for. In the past, I've had very good luck with the 17 lbs spring. If you need help putting it in, let me know, glad to help. I would also highly recommend NOT screwing around with polishing,etc the trigger parts. Besides that there is no need after the hammer spring change, you might risk breaking something! I think you'll find that the new hammer spring will get you a nice 5-6 lbs trigger...

--EasyD

Last edited:
Hey thanks guys! Yea I am wary because I do use it for carry and I carry as often as I can wherever I can. And prolly someplaces that I can't I should look into those... but yea something simple preferably drop in style would be good. EasyD, do you know if theres any particular way to detail clean the 9000s? I have paranoia of junk getting into the firing pin hole in the slide and stuff gunking up the action in there. Also cleaning behind the extractor do you use like a toothpick or something? any tips would be great. Ill look into ordering some of those wolf springs. Is this the same wolf that does the crappy surplus ammo or just a different company altogether that does spring work? Seen people recomending wolf a lot and haven't heard anything bad from them...

http://www.gunsprings.com/ Wolff,Not the same company as the crap Russian ammo(Wolf).

If you want to clean your gun thoroughly,field strip it and boil it in a Simple Green/water mixture.Will get every spec of crud out of every orifice.Don't forget to LIGHTLY re-oil.[smile]

USMC109

http://www.gunsprings.com/ Wolff,Not the same company as the crap Russian ammo(Wolf).

If you want to clean your gun thoroughly,field strip it and boil it in a Simple Green/water mixture.Will get every spec of crud out of every orifice.Don't forget to LIGHTLY re-oil.[smile]

Thanks! I was wondering if I could do that... seems like overkill. Therefore I will! When I had JUST gotten the gun and ran a few range trips through it I wayyyy over oiled. Leaking out the pin holes, out near the take down lever out of the safety... and when I shot it eek! I think my hands were getting wet! On the boiling thing, I know the slide is prolly fine for maybe a few minutes shouldnt need much more. I am more concerned on the polymer frame, wouldnt want it to stretch or like... anneal on me or anything.
(and yes I guess you CAN anneal plastic...)
So maybe like lots of quick dips or something in hot water cleaning solution perhaps? Keeping it submerged makes me nervous....

Back
Top Bottom