• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trigger kit recommendations ?

chrbla2000

NES Member
Hi All,

I just picked up a Colt Hbar Elite and would like to put in a trigger kit, maybe get it down to 2lbs-ish, Any recommendations on a good kit?

Thanks,

-chris

I've got Geissele triggers on my AR-15 and AR-10. Closer to 3.5lb, but I can't recommend them enough. My kits are not adjustable, but I'm pretty sure [STRIKE=national match are adjustable] Geissele has adjustable trigger kits to get down as low as you're looking[/STRIKE] the Geissele Hi-speed National Match triggers are adjustable.. The question is why do you want a 2lb trigger pull? Fine for precision bench shooting, but seems light for practical use...

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick replies guys. Mav, I'll probably only do bench shooting, this is supposedly an 'Colt Accurized Rifle' and I'd like to punch paper in tight groups at 100-300 yards if possible.

I've got Geissele triggers on my AR-15 and AR-10. Closer to 3.5lb, but I can't recommend them enough. My kits are not adjustable, but I'm pretty sure Geissele has adjustable trigger kits to get down as low as you're looking. The question is why do you want a 2lb trigger pull? Fine for precision bench shooting, but seems light for practical use...

How do the triggers made by Wilson Combat compare with Geissele?

How do the triggers made by Wilson Combat compare with Geissele?

I don't have any practical experience with the Wilson Combat triggers, but seems they do more single stage vs. Geissele's two stage triggers. I prefer 2-stage triggers with a relatively low pull (3.5lb).

Also, SOCOM makes heavy use of Geissele triggers in their full auto M4's, among other platforms. You know it's been battle-tested and proven if they're using it. Not to say that other manufacturer's don't have great products, but I tend to trust SOCOM (over big army, for instance) as they have the pick of the best gear available.

So.... sorry for being a new-b, how do I tell if I have a large or small pin? the Colt is new, post-ban, stainless steel heavy barrel.

Thanks,

-chris

Last edited:
So.... sorry for being a new-b, how do I tell if I have a large or small pin? the Colt is new, post-ban, stainless steel heavy barrel.

Thanks,

-chris

I'm pretty sure Colt is large pin (.170) vs. everyone else using small pin (.154). You could call Colt and ask...

Back
Top Bottom