Trigger Jobs are awesome

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
So finally after owning my S&W M&P 340 for a few months and bringing it to the range at least once a week, I handed it over to Morgan at Minuteman Armory and let them do the new springs and parts here and some spit and polish there. It's like having an entirely new gun. I just can't get over how much easier it is to shoot now and accurately. I find I can shoot now without the need for gloves too, that's how much of a difference it made. I can't wait to get a box of .357 to put through it now. That was the best investment I made for this gun so far. Now the question is, whether or not to invest in a laser hand grip as well. I am super pleased. I know a few people on here recommended doing this and now I am glad I did.

agree the J frame stock triggers blow. it's another reason I respect the LCR....doesn't require any work out of the box.

OP if the trigger pull was lightened, would suggest running various ammo types through the gun to confirm you aren't getting light primer strikes. i've had some issues w the apex spring kits in a S&W 642 - will get light strikes on certain ammo types but i'm willing to live w it because most SD/HP ammo it's 100%. on this topic, no question YMMV.

agree the J frame stock triggers blow. it's another reason I respect the LCR....doesn't require any work out of the box.

OP if the trigger pull was lightened, would suggest running various ammo types through the gun to confirm you aren't getting light primer strikes. i've had some issues w the apex spring kits in a S&W 642 - will get light strikes on certain ammo types but i'm willing to live w it because most SD/HP ammo it's 100%. on this topic, no question YMMV.

+1. I won't use lighter than stock springs in a carry gun. Reliable ignition is much more important than a light trigger.

Mede the mistake of letting my wife shoot her M&P 9mm for a while without a trigger job. It was atrocious, the thing must have had a 13lb trigger pull. Lou at Business End Customs did his magic on it and it was a world of difference.

I just practiced with it tonight using snap caps and I am still super pleased. If I didn't live in MA at all and bought the same revolver, would it function the way it does now? Or would it have a heavy trigger like the way I bought it?

Didnt let the wife shoot the sw40ve until i did it, it was my only pistol, and she was border line anti once she shot it change in thought process.. Shes taking a class july 1st :)

Now i get to buy 2x the guns probably 50% will be ones i dont want who knows

I just practiced with it tonight using snap caps and I am still super pleased. If I didn't live in MA at all and bought the same revolver, would it function the way it does now? Or would it have a heavy trigger like the way I bought it?

That's just the trigger on them, not a massified thing like some guns.

I know this is for pistols, but I replaced my Colt LE 6920 M4 factory trigger with a Geissele SSA-E trigger and love the new one.

Glad you decided to get the trigger job. Shooting can only get better.
Did you go with the Apex kit?
Also, give the Speer Gold Dot .357mag a try. I think you'll like it.
~Matt

Glad you decided to get the trigger job. Shooting can only get better.
Did you go with the Apex kit?
Also, give the Speer Gold Dot .357mag a try. I think you'll like it.
~Matt
Speer Lawman Clean Fire
http://www.speer-ammo.com/products/lawman_cf.aspx

Almost out - wish I knew what powder they use as the cleanup is almost fun

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom