Trigger Job Info Needed

Hey guys I'm a newbie to NES and need some help if anyone is oh so nice to oblige. I do apologize if I'm posting in the wrong spot, place etc. as I know this seems to piss some people off when sometimes done. I'm just a shmuck trying my best to fumble around this NES forum and figure things out!
Ok now that I have my ineptness disclaimer posted, time to get down to business. I'm looking to get a trigger job done on my S&W 9c. I live in the Worcester County Area and am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I'm not worried about traveling an hour or so to have the best possible service as I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for! I appreciate any feedback anyone can and be willing to provide.

-Dan

Hey guys I'm a newbie to NES and need some help if anyone is oh so nice to oblige. I do apologize if I'm posting in the wrong spot, place etc. as I know this seems to piss some people off when sometimes done. I'm just a shmuck trying my best to fumble around this NES forum and figure things out!
Ok now that I have my ineptness disclaimer posted, time to get down to business. I'm looking to get a trigger job done on my S&W 9c. I live in the Worcester County Area and am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I'm not worried about traveling an hour or so to have the best possible service as I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for! I appreciate any feedback anyone can and be willing to provide.

-Dan

I have a M&P 9c. I installed the APEX DAECK kit. It dropped the trigger to 4.5lbs (from 10+lbs). Very very smooth now. Almost like a totally different gun. Kit is about $90 online and you can install yourself. Tons of YouTube videos to help with the install. It's fairly easy, takes ~1 hour. Check it out.

Otherwise, people usually recommend Lou @ BEC (Business End Customs) Custom 1911-Glock- M&P's.

Or other local shops, but I have no experience with any of them.

Hth

I have a M&P 9c. I installed the APEX DAECK kit. It dropped the trigger to 4.5lbs (from 10+lbs). Very very smooth now. Almost like a totally different gun. Kit is about $90 online and you can install yourself. Tons of YouTube videos to help with the install. It's fairly easy, takes ~1 hour. Check it out.

Otherwise, people usually recommend Lou @ BEC (Business End Customs) Custom 1911-Glock- M&P's.

Or other local shops, but I have no experience with any of them.

Hth
super helpful, thanks so much! I'm pretty handy but no gunsmith though

I had business end do my 40c and it came out great, 3 day turnaround and $70 can't be beat.
Larocca I hear is an amazing gun smith but he isn't much interested in small jobs like that and if he did want the work he wants 125, he never called me back when I left a message and from what I have heard he really only wants fully custom jobs and takes forever, sad because I hear his work is amazing.
I hear good things about apex as well, I just liked the idea of using the stock parts.

I am not sure what part of central Mass you are in but Dark Horse Gunsmith will do trigger jobs. They are members on here as well. Pretty sure one of the two owners worked at S&W for a spell. They are in South Hadley. Less then an hour from Worcester. They did some AR work for me recently.

I had LaRocca in Worcester do a trigger job on my M&P last year and it is great. However, around that same time I gave him a Browning A5 Shotgun to to get me a new forearm and fix a safety that needed parts and yet to get the gun back. Stopped yesterday and not done yet. Larocca does great work but speed and keeping up with phone calls and emails is not one of his strengths. Kind of why I started going to Dark Horse now.

Good Luck

Im looking to have some trigger work done on my Sig 2022 up in the Lowell area. If someone knows of a good gunsmith nearby that would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike Larocca in Worcester.
LaRocca Gun Works of Worcester, MA - Gunsmith

He's also usually at all the MA gun shows as well.

I have mine in at his shop now. Can't wait to get it back and try it out. He is located very close to the Worcester Police Department. Seems like a very knowledgeable gunsmith. More review after I get it back and to the range.

Greg Durr in marshfield did the trigger on my .40c, it is beautiful 4.5# half the reset and smooth as butter, like $85, and stands behind any work he does! Great guy

I also have an M&P9c with Apex DCAEK + RAM. Got it done at First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge.

Started at 10lb 15oz, and when I got it back it was 6lb 1oz with a much MUCH better feel. Like a whole new gun.

Last edited:
I have done trigger jobs on about ten S&W M&P pistols with and without the APEX kits. On a couple of them I simply polished and cleaned up the factory parts.

I did 2 last week, one while the owner watched and I explained the process. He found that extremely helpful as he had never detail stripped the gun.

I am NOT a gunsmith by trade and I do not charge money for this.

I'm right outside Worcester. Let me know if you want some help.

Greg Durr in marshfield did the trigger on my .40c, it is beautiful 4.5# half the reset and smooth as butter, like $85, and stands behind any work he does! Great guy

Greg is indeed great and who I give my work to. I have a number of more guns headed to him once I get some time to get to Marshfield. He did my M&Ps before Apex kits were on the market and I couldn't be more pleased. His turn-around is also ~2 weeks.

Since the OP is in Worcester, I recommended Mike Larocca. Mike has a very long and superb reputation for the work he does and being in the OP's back yard makes it convenient.

I am not fond of the Apex kits. I did shoot one M&P with the Apex trigger after 3 other shooters put some rounds downrange and felt my finger burning a bit. I guess heat transfers to the "safety trigger" and for me that was uncomfortable. YMMV

I am not sure what part of central Mass you are in but Dark Horse Gunsmith will do trigger jobs. They are members on here as well. Pretty sure one of the two owners worked at S&W for a spell. They are in South Hadley. Less then an hour from Worcester. They did some AR work for me recently.

I had LaRocca in Worcester do a trigger job on my M&P last year and it is great. However, around that same time I gave him a Browning A5 Shotgun to to get me a new forearm and fix a safety that needed parts and yet to get the gun back. Stopped yesterday and not done yet. Larocca does great work but speed and keeping up with phone calls and emails is not one of his strengths. Kind of why I started going to Dark Horse now.

Good Luck

Thanks for the information, greatly appreciated. After lots of thought and consideration I decided to go with Business End Customs! I've read a ton of off forum reviews on these guys and they have nothing but a 100% customer approval! Again, thanks for taking the time to get back to me.

Another vote for Lou at BEC... He did the trigger on my M&P 45 (before it was mine) and it is lights out compared to the stock trigger. And much better for the money when compared to the APEX kit. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom