• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trigger job for Glock 17

I'd like to get a trigger job done on my Gen 2 G17. Suggestions on what to get done and where to have it done at? Central MA area preferred. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What exactly are you looking for out of the trigger? Most everything that I've messed around with just turn glock triggers to mush.

I'm currently running a Salient trigger shoe on a Gen 3 bar and stock connector. Its in a gen 4 G17 though. Its a short take-up, and a firm wall. That's how I like my triggers.

I will say that I'm curious about OC Custom Triggers. They seem to be reasonably priced, and Ive heard good things from several people, and several online reviews.

http://www.occustomtriggers.com/

I'd like to get a trigger job done on my Gen 2 G17.

I'd suggest you try to do it yourself. Great benefit of Glocks is how easy they are to completely tear down. Also, if you screw up something most of the replacement parts cost next to nothing.

If after tweaking, you're still not happy...splurge on a drop-in trigger replacement that comes out of the box good to go.

Gen 2's with the 2 pins really are pretty simple work on. I have a Gen2 G19 that had about a 6lbs pull and put in a 3.5lbs Lone Wolf trigger connector and reduced trigger spring. I also did the 25¢ trigger job, which is just polishing all the metal part areas and bits that work together. Trigger bar, connector, plunger top etc.. With those two fixes, the pull and break are now super light, crisp and smooth with zero over travel. This was all I needed, but you can take it a step further by swapping out the striker and plunger springs.

Tip: Get the Glock armorer's tool and take pictures of everything assembled from different angles and every step along the way. The only hiccup I had was during re-assembly. I wasn't putting the slide lock spring back incorrectly. It needed to be under not over a pin. Luckily, I had pictures and a friends gun to look at and figure out what I was doing wrong.

Plus, there are ton of DYI videos online. I used this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h3f6OHpwbI

Good luck!

What exactly are you looking for out of the trigger? Most everything that I've messed around with just turn glock triggers to mush.

I'm currently running a Salient trigger shoe on a Gen 3 bar and stock connector. Its in a gen 4 G17 though. Its a short take-up, and a firm wall. That's how I like my triggers.

I will say that I'm curious about OC Custom Triggers. They seem to be reasonably priced, and Ive heard good things from several people, and several online reviews.

http://www.occustomtriggers.com/

I have an OC on my 19 and love it.

Glock "-" connector.
done.

Never did a thing to my Glock trigs , I just got used to what they were . Well I just did the Ghost 3.5 connector and it went down 3/4lb and smoother , but just a tad, it seemed to take out that initial "grit" . For 11 dollars it's worth it and also only thing I'll do to my Glocks .
image.jpg

Last edited:
I run the - connector in my 17 and my 26. Thats it. I really don't mind the standard pull, but i like the lighter one a bit better.

I have seen people have nothing but malfunctions using parts in a glock that did not come from glock. Not to say some people don't do ok with them, but i havent seen it

Last edited:
I have been a Glock guy for a long time and currently own a 17, 19, 21, 26 and 30. Every one of them has one of these in it. http://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...-sku642102021-9522-23544.aspx?sku=642-102-021

They are the best kept secret out there when it comes to improving Glock trigger performance. It will improve your trigger no matter what else you are running in combination with it.

I heard that and dropped one in my G34 and G17, but honestly, didn't notice much of a difference in trigger pull.

They are showing serious wear at < 1000 rounds too. I can't imagine they'll make it to 2000.

I have been a Glock guy for a long time and currently own a 17, 19, 21, 26 and 30. Every one of them has one of these in it. http://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...-sku642102021-9522-23544.aspx?sku=642-102-021

They are the best kept secret out there when it comes to improving Glock trigger performance. It will improve your trigger no matter what else you are running in combination with it.

I would not trust a Ti one, Zev makes a Stainless Steel version which I have in my G17 and G41.

You can polish the stock one, but the real secret to these is the lighter spring.

My G30 came from the previous owner with a Suarez International flat trigger (Gabe is a douche and I don't know that I could bring myself to buy a new one from him) the guy I bought it from only function tested it but I've run 500+ rounds through it without an issue and I really like the trigger, almost no take up clean break and super short reset.. All the other components are Glock factory

edit- it's a Gen4

I used one once a few years ago, and when I pulled it out to clean it, it was TORN up. Never again.

I wish they had included an estimate of how many rounds were fired with that gun. Being a competition gun it could be many thousands.

I've never seen that on any of mine and some of them have been installed at least 10 years. The one in My GSSF model 17 has a bunch of rounds through it. But since there is no more GSSF shoots anywhere near here, it does not get shot much anymore.

22 replies and no one suggesting a smith for OP per his original request. I understand the ease of which to modify Glocks on your own but but but.

Go NES!

22 replies and no one suggesting a smith for OP per his original request. I understand the ease of which to modify Glocks on your own but but but.

Go NES!

Yes, thank you. Definitely would like some recommendations of a good armorer/smith, preferably close to central ma.

I'm looking to smooth out the trigger and reduce the pull. I tend to shoot left with my G17. Yes, some of this is operator error, but it's noticeably worse than when I shoot my Gen 2 G19 and my 226.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wish I could recommend in your area. Couple of good ones local to me. Dave Santurri in North attleboro and the guy from 1776 is now at Gartman in Wrentham. Either are worth the trip.

22 replies and no one suggesting a smith for OP per his original request. I understand the ease of which to modify Glocks on your own but but but. Go NES!
Because years ago I spent $170 on a trigger job for a Glock and the result wasn't any better than what I could do for 25 cents and 15 minutes of work.

Glocks aren't 1911s.

I disagree. Glock triggers basically suck. I carry and compete with Glocks. I own four of them. They have a lot of advantages. But the mushy Glock trigger just isn't very good and that makes it harder to shoot well.

But so far I haven't found any particularly good solution to improving them. The 25-cent trigger job plus a minus connector helps a bit.

Back
Top Bottom