Trigger for an AR in 7.62x39?

Wondering if anybody has any recommendations for a trigger pack for an AR in 7.62x39. I've got a PWS upper on the way - and few stripped lowers sitting in my safe . So - I've got to get the rest of the parts so I can build the thing up.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the AR worked better with a trigger tuned for the 7.62x39 (heavier spring for the harder military primers or something like that?)

Primers are not really harder. The compound is less sensative. I would say with out knowing that a milspec trigger group should be more than enough....on a side note
I have the brass cased Yugoslav 762x39 ammo and yet to have any light primer hits or fail to fires vs the wolf mil spec stuff.......that's out of my well worn and shot sks though.
when I have seen x39 uppers for sale I have yet to see any disclaimers about needing a heaveir hammer spring
Ok had to check I do see now some recommend a inhanced spring/hammer....I call bs on this. Any 762x39 other than a bolt gun should run on surplus ammo from the get go.....I say bad manufactures design. And then thew upper should come with spring and PIN! I looked into the x39 uppers a few years ago. The cost and availability of the correct Mag's where a turn off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom