Trigger finger pain....

Stevireno

NES Member
Hi all,

I managed to get out to the range today... Brought a p226, my 1911 9mm, ruger gp100 and my walther pk380. Fun shooting all, but when I got to the PK380, every shot sent a sharp pain through my trigger finger. It was almost like a shock. When I fired the other guns, no problem, but the pk380 always gave me pain in the trigger finger. I had to slide my finger down to use the nook below my finger joint to shoot, or it hurt too much...

Would this be from the mechanics of the gun and just the way it is? I had a good grip and wasn't limp wristing. I like the gun, but was suprised at how much it hurt my finger. Any ideas on why?

thanks

-Steve

LOL. Toughen up. Unless the gun really has a staple gun trigger, then I apologize.

Straight blowback 380s often hurt way more than anything else.

I had a Sig P232 at one time. The recoil of the gun pissed nerves in my hand off so much once I had to stop shooting halfway through a box of 380. (my hand literally started to ache). I shot like 300 rounds of 9mm out of other guns after that, no problem. The sharp recoil from blowback 380s sometimes pisses off nerves I think.

-Mike

Straight blowback 380s often hurt way more than anything else.

I had a Sig P232 at one time. The recoil of the gun pissed nerves in my hand off so much once I had to stop shooting halfway through a box of 380. (my hand literally started to ache). I shot like 300 rounds of 9mm out of other guns after that, no problem. The sharp recoil from blowback 380s sometimes pisses off nerves I think.

-Mike

Yeah your palm. But finger?

Huh, I like the gun enough to replace the trigger, I'm sure the are some good aftermarket triggers out there...

I believe the medical term is phantom pain and it is an involuntary reaction caused by your subconscious knowledge that 380 is for pussies.

[grin]

Just kidding man. What Mike said.

I believe the medical term is phantom pain and it is an involuntary reaction caused by your subconscious knowledge that 380 is for pussies.

[grin]

Just kidding man. What Mike said.
Ha ha, yeah yeah, I tried to show my manliness by telling everyone that I have big guns too! Gotta love that Sig 226....

Have someone else shoot it, that way you can rule out a few things.

Last edited:
Yeah your palm. But finger?

Still possible, I'm no MD but the way nerves are interconnected its trivial to see how trauma in one place could trigger effects in another. Like you said, could also be severe trigger slap...

Back
Top Bottom