Trigger finger hurts w/ Glock trigger

I just got my first gun, an ISSC M22 (looks just like a Glock 19), and I don't know if it's my long fingers, the angle of the grip, or the serrated trigger but my trigger finger hurts whenever I shoot the gun. When I pull the trigger most of the pressure is on the side of my finger (almost at the place where the side of my fingernail is). I also noticed this when I shot a Glock 17 but not when I shot a Beretta 92fs or a Sig Mosquito. Am I doing something wrong?

I just got my first gun, an ISSC M22 (looks just like a Glock 19), and I don't know if it's my long fingers, the angle of the grip, or the serrated trigger but my trigger finger hurts whenever I shoot the gun. When I pull the trigger most of the pressure is on the side of my finger (almost at the place where the side of my fingernail is). I also noticed this when I shot a Glock 17 but not when I shot a Beretta 92fs or a Sig Mosquito. Am I doing something wrong?
Some people have trouble with the serrated trigger. You can get a smooth one and just drop it in and you won't have any more issues. You can also check the trigger safety to see if there is a mold seam that is catching your finger. You can sand it down and smooth it out.

It feels like the trigger safety is jabbing the side of my finger. Should I even be putting pressure on the side of my finger like that or should there be more pressure on the pad of my finger?

Last edited:
Check for the mold seam. If your trigger safety sticks way out of the front of the trigger even after it's engaged and allows the trigger to travel rearward, it may be protruding out of the front of the trigger enough to cause that jabbing. You can file it down and round off the profile a bit to make it less drastic but don't take too much off or it will no longer engage.

So I checked my gun and looks like it's the edges of the serrations and not the trigger safety. If I apply enough pressure the serrations can make noticeable indentations on my finger. I might try to round that off or see if I can get a smooth trigger like you said. Thanks for the help!

The Glock 17 comes with a smooth trigger so I don't know if rounding the trigger will help you out all that much.

I personally don't like the ribbed triggers and replace all mine with the smooth. After a few hundred rounds it does begin to hurt a bit...but honestly not that much.

Are you doing something wrong? Maybe. Bad trigger finger placement?

The gun in question is NOT a Glock, it's an ISSC. If I'm not mistaken they look similar but NO parts will swap out, as they are completely different guns.

i had the same issue with my 23. at first i smoothed the lines out a bit on the trigger, but ended up just buying a smooth faced trigger. its soft and comfy now [grin]

The gun in question is NOT a Glock, it's an ISSC. If I'm not mistaken they look similar but NO parts will swap out, as they are completely different guns.

Yeah, it's an ISSC. I guess I'll just have to sand the serrations then.

The Glock 17 comes with a smooth trigger so I don't know if rounding the trigger will help you out all that much.

I personally don't like the ribbed triggers and replace all mine with the smooth. After a few hundred rounds it does begin to hurt a bit...but honestly not that much.

Are you doing something wrong? Maybe. Bad trigger finger placement?
I noticed the pain w/ a Glock 17 too so maybe I am doing something wrong. I'll have someone check my grip next time I go out.

Back
Top Bottom