• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

tried my hand at engraving

I'm no expert, but I would recommend drawing the design directly on the blade instead of using the stencil like you did. That way, you can see what you're doing while you're doing it instead of doing it blindly with the stencil covering the blade.

Next time, remove the blindfold.

[laugh]
That's messed up. Funny, but messed up.

Maybe you should have asked for critiquing after the first one. [wink]

I clicked hoping someone "customized" their Glock. I was wrong, but not disappointed.

8384bc598989973cad1edf55dd250cc2.jpg

That is how Kurt Wyatt started out... wait, his work still looks like that. [shocked] I bought a stainless Spyderco Delica from ebay. Someone had engraved "Big Shooter" on the side. Someone, perhaps the same person had then decided to unengrave it... you could still faintly read it but it now might have said "Big Snooter". I got it for $10. I figured it either belonged to the guy who killed the notorious B.I.G. or Jimmy Durante. I gave it to a guy at work. He seemed to really appreciate the unique hand crafted workmanship. I think there is a market for the "mom" variation. Perhaps put a heart border around the letters. You might try contacting Aaron Hernandes to market them to his current associates. Standard "just kidding" disclaimer here. If you are having fun doing it, do it and have fun. [thumbsup]

Edit: upon further review, I suppose "mutha?" is not the same as mom... [shocked]

Last edited:
[video]https://youtu.be/QeFVDrRgbA0[/video]

yep. Yours looks about this good. FYI chainsaws are for cutting trees.

A for effort but if these aren't gifts for mortal enemies, you will at least know who your real friends are.[smile]

Better than I could do. I am assuming you used one of those cheap mechanized pens that bounce around like a jackhammer when you try to use them. I'm not sure if anyone can get professional looking results with one of those, but I'm also no expert.

image.png

I've tried engraving...Didn't go well. More power to you for having the balls to ask this crew to critique your work!

I put my initials in some hand tools years back....Looks like a 6 year old did it.

Last edited:
It's a first, how many people are good at something the first go? I think you went with too tough of a design for the first go. Maybe try some patterns or a small symbol like a family crest or a moltese cross, etc.

Just keep working at it on some scrap and you'll be fine. It's something that has a learning curve.

Back
Top Bottom