• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tricky Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I am in the process of purchasing a handgun (have one picked out, shopping around for the best price) in Rhode Island. I am currently living in Rhode Island and I only have my blue card. However, I will be living in MA over the winter months for work. Is it legal to take my hand gun with me to MA and keep it securly locked up in the Temp MA home? Basically looking ot keep it with me for protection as the home is my girlfriend's grandparents and they will be moving to FL for the winter and they live much closer to my work, then i currently do. So what do you guys say?

I think this is more of a Massachusetts law question than a Rhode Island law question. Anyway, if you're going to possess in Mass, then you need a LTC of one type or another. Mass doesn't have any reciprocity.

Getting into the finer points of where your legal residence will be during this time is out of scope, but either a non-resident LTC (if your legal residence will remain RI) or resident LTC (if you will be "moving" to MA) looks to be in order.

I posted in both the RI and MA law sections.

The only problem I see with that is in order to apply for a non-resident LTC in MA I need to submit a photo copy of the home state license to carry. Which would be RI and I do not have one for RI I simply have a blue card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom