• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trick or Treat

JFC. It looks like Halloween candy is the new TP around here. I was stocked up pretty good, with enough left over for a weeks hunting anyways, then the Old Ball and Chain pounded the pile like it was Dresden 2/13/45.

Figgering I didn't want to be cleaning all kinds of flaming dog crap off the front steps Saturday night I went up Stop and Shop. Holy Cow!! The shelves were almost bare. Some candy corn and some sort of Chinese looking crap. Scored one bag of Snickers, and one Kit Kat. No Mounds, no Almond Joy.:mad: I'm not holding out a lot of hope for the Kit Kats to make it to Hallows Eve either. Surprised I didn't see the old "1 per" sign up there.

It's been stacked at Costco - I think people have been very reticent about purchasing in fear that Charlie would cancel Halloween...

I'm dragging my kids out. Not sure how many neighbors will be giving candy out though.

We tapped into the candy we had been hoarding but were able to restock....I'm psyched for trick or treat....my kids are way too old but this year we will hang out together, have a couple of beers and hand out candy as a family

Mounds and Almond Joy suck! Coconut is terrible and belongs nowhere near any food, most especially not in candy you'd give to a kid. I hope you enjoy the egging you surely deserve.

We have ALL full-size Snickers, Reese's, Skittles, Starburst, Three Musketeers, Hershey bars with and without almonds, M&Ms with and without peanuts, Kit Kats, and some Nerds cluster things. Sixty pieces total ought to be more than enough as in previous years we've had only a couple dozen kids and turnout is expected to be low thanks to the WuFlu. I want to put on a costume and hit my own house.

Last edited:
Great. Malden and Woburn. The Corona capitols of the known world. Thanks. I'll be staying on this side of the Bridge thanks. The Bass River bridge.

I predict a light night of ToT'ers. Only because it's been light the last several years. Last big year was probably 5 years ago. Maybe 6. Definitely a Saturday as well. So there's that. But they TRUCKED them into our neighborhood. Fun families. I just don't see it this year.

I wonder what Covid will do to "The Feast of the Seven Fishies"...???

1604003143519.png

Maybe fish sticks in a to-go container...?

1604003384755.png

Turns out my wife bought a pile of candy. She also bought a chef's hat, a white apron and the like. She's going to use extra-large tongs and stand behind a table and socially-distance hand the kids candy with the tongs. LOL

Have fun, lady. I'll be inside where it's warm. ;)

Jolly Ranchers and a slingshot. If I don't get any kids this year I will be all set for Nov 4th protests.

I’m mounting a clear plastic sheet to a table. Based on the weather forecast, I’ll be wearing gloves as well....

Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 44. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
Saturday Night
Increasing clouds low 36.

Awesome All Hallows Eve. Carved pumpkins with The Old Ball and Chain, got 4 trick or treaters, which is a world record for us, and Rented "Dark Shadows".

Would. Lose my soul, burn in the brimstone of Hades for all Eternity.......yeah,well......still just soooooo frigging would.
eva.png

Back
Top Bottom