Tri-Town Rod and Gun Practical Shotgun 7/12/20 - Foster, RI

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

Registration on Practiscore opens up exactly one month prior to the match. See below.

This shoot will consist of 5 stages with each stage having between 15-20 targets with one stage consisting of 15 slugs. There will be 2 classes tac-ops and open (any detachable magazine and optics will be considered open). The entry fee will be 25.00.

Home | PractiScore

Anymore info on this event? I’ve never done a shotgun match... and only one USPSA.

You have to register in advance on Practiscore. No walk-ons.

The match description pretty much covers it all, but I'll fill in the gaps. Note that I shot Tri-Town's previous practical shotgun match in 10/2019 and I've also shot a 3-gun match at Tri-Town. First, what shotgun would you be bringing? This will determine how you handle reloads and load-bearing gear. Second, as the match description states, there's one stage with approximately fifteen slugs. The rest would consist of No. 7.5 to 9 birdshot. Third, with each stage having 15-25 targets, assume one box of shells per stage. As a new shooter, I therefore suggest bringing double that amount. So, 4 birdshot stages x 2 = 8 boxes of birdshot and try to bring 25-30 slugs.

I can give more advice once I know what gun you're bringing. This is not a shotgun + pistol 2-gun match. The only gun you need is the shotgun you intend to compete with unless you bring a second, backup gun, which in all probability is likely not necessary for this relatively small match.

You have to register in advance on Practiscore. No walk-ons.

The match description pretty much covers it all, but I'll fill in the gaps. Note that I shot Tri-Town's previous practical shotgun match in 10/2019 and I've also shot a 3-gun match at Tri-Town. First, what shotgun would you be bringing? This will determine how you handle reloads and load-bearing gear. Second, as the match description states, there's one stage with approximately fifteen slugs. The rest would consist of No. 7.5 to 9 birdshot. Third, with each stage having 15-25 targets, assume one box of shells per stage. As a new shooter, I therefore suggest bringing double that amount. So, 4 birdshot stages x 2 = 8 boxes of birdshot and try to bring 25-30 slugs.

I can give more advice once I know what gun you're bringing. This is not a shotgun + pistol 2-gun match. The only gun you need is the shotgun you intend to compete with unless you bring a second, backup gun, which in all probability is likely not necessary for this relatively small match.
Excellent.... I’ll be using a Mossberg JM930 Pro. Will I run into an issue with a 10 round mag?

Excellent.... I’ll be using a Mossberg JM930 Pro. Will I run into an issue with a 10 round mag?

No, the JM Pro is the most common shotgun used by competitors here in RI. You'll just want to get a shell caddie if you're using a JM Pro. If you can't afford one or you simply can't get one in time, a grenade pouch would work.

Back
Top Bottom