• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TRGC needs your help

Tiverton ( RI) Rod and Gun Club needs your help! Town's council is trying to push thru ordinance with impossible to satisfy rules that will close the club. As is ordinance is illegal, since it cannot supersede state law. However, club can still be shut down, until litigation is resolved. Town meeting will be held at Tiverton High school on August 12th at 6pm. TRGC is the biggest (membership-wise) in RI with over 1000 members, many from Southern Mass. It is in the interest of club members from local clubs to attend, since gun grabbers might use similar ordinance legislation to do away with all clubs. If attending, please behave respectfully and dress appropriately ( no camo clothes). Some signs and buttons will be provided. Expect "Mothers against Everything" to show up- they will use occasion to push their agenda.

How does 8-4 (1) work in regards to outdoor ranges? Or is that the point you're making?

Also, what points specifically do you have issues with? i have no experience with gun club regulations, and I suspect a fair amount of other people are in the same boat as I am, so it would be helpful if you point out which points are impossible to satisfy.

I am not a lawyer either, but text is the finest law talk. Start with 3 mil insurance- impossible to obtain. Follow to boundaries, noise restrictions. We had it looked at carefully yesterday at the meeting- took a couple of hours...

If you look also at noise requirements/ areas of shot fall- they are to be tested by a certified engineer. Certified of what? Mechanics? Civil? Noise engineer? NRA guidelines are specifically noted by NRA as non binding ( NRA does not want to be sued), yet they are made binding in document and since NRA guidelines change- it is a moving target for clubs to satisfy.

Back
Top Bottom