• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

tree stand times ...

i was wondering what time is best to to get in your stand if the sun is coming up at 7 am for shotgun season i was thinking bout being in my stand for around 530 ? till maybe around noon ... then back at it from around 3-6 pm ? And is part of sent control does that mean no coffee in the morning ?? :)

I'm in the stand 1 hour before first light. I have a coffee or two at home before heading out. I also bring a few energy shots to keep me alert. I never leave the stand. I'll bring food and drinks.

@boxerjake .. i guess that makes alot of sense to just stay put ... cause less of a ruckus. Do you use a light to get to your stand , i was thinking of trying it in the dark with a sent drag behind me , its about a 10 min 15 min walk via horse trail to my stand under heavy canopy, figure around 5 am its pretty dark, i know these probably seem like dumb questions but ill never know unless i ask

Its not about not making a ruckus as much as it is allowing all the other hunters leaving early and coming back in later to create the ruckus and possibly bump the deer they disturb to you patiently waiting in your tree.

Opening day I would be there plenty early to ensure I got the spot I wanted (first come first serve on public land). Use a light going in if you want, you should have plenty of time for the woods to settle down before shooting light. I use a red light and it does seem to spook less deer.

Its not about not making a ruckus as much as it is allowing all the other hunters leaving early and coming back in later to create the ruckus and possibly bump the deer they disturb to you patiently waiting in your tree.

Opening day I would be there plenty early to ensure I got the spot I wanted (first come first serve on public land). Use a light going in if you want, you should have plenty of time for the woods to settle down before shooting light. I use a red light and it does seem to spook less deer.

What Arlow said.

Bob

well in my situation im on 100+ acres of private land and will be the only one out there hunting. I am acutally more concered about spooking the deer and want to get there before they come thru the area , its hard to explain the area but im posted up about 30 yards inside a ten acre field over a horse trail, i think tho that this concern is just last minute doubts and needless worries , i should probably be more focused on the possibility i might come out of this empty handed and not every hunt is successful

well in my situation im on 100+ acres of private land and will be the only one out there hunting. I am acutally more concered about spooking the deer and want to get there before they come thru the area , its hard to explain the area but im posted up about 30 yards inside a ten acre field over a horse trail, i think tho that this concern is just last minute doubts and needless worries , i should probably be more focused on the possibility i might come out of this empty handed and not every hunt is successful
You shouldn't hunt alone. Let me come with you. I'll carry your gear and help you get up in the stand.

It's all needless worries. Just get in, sit in the dark and stay till it starts getting dark.
This time of year, deer are unpredictable. What you patterned then is not what you'll see now.

LMAO Realtor, I was thinking the same thing! Surprise you didn't offer to buy the place.

In all honesty im a pretty nice and trusting person. If maybe i met someone that was local and was willing to show me whats what , look at my stand and tell me im doing it all wrong or that iv been pretty good about it all id be willing to bring someone. Im not interested in some one coming with me and just taking over my scene but there is ALOT of woods and alot of deer here... iv been doing alot of work on my own and to get a second opinion would be a great asset to me and my confidence.

Back
Top Bottom