• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tree stand advice

wchandler

NES Member
With the hunting season quickly approaching, I am looking for advice on the best type of tree stand. I kind of like the seat style that is mounted and you use a climbing stick to get to. That way you can remove the stick and no one can reach the chair. Although, would require more effort so early in the am than the latter and seat style! Please give me the pros and cons of seats that you have used!! If it matters I plan on archery and shotgun.

Hey Wchandler, I know you want a hang on stand but I have an older Summit climber that you can have. I use both types but was given a new climber and don't use the old one anymore. I see you are on the south shore so I'm not that far away (Pembroke Marshfield area) so let me know. Also Reedy"s Archery has got a good selection of stands, its nice to actually see one before you mail order something you may not like.

I use a climbing stand or a permanent stand.

Whatever type you use, make sure that you get a good harness that goes around the waist, over the shoulders, under the crotch, and across the chest. Many hunters have been killed or paralyzed when they fell asleep and fell out of their tree stands.

I am in Middleboro about 20 minutes from the Plymouth rod and gun. I can come pick it up where ever you are or meet you at the club. Sunday afternoon???

Thanks again jshooter. Brought the stand out yesterday and after a bit of practice I can move right up the tree. Kind of nerve racking when you get too high and I didn't get a harness yet.

Back
Top Bottom