traps

Status
Not open for further replies.

zach

Banned
any one know were to get spring leg traps? also were the best place to learn bout building traps with things you can find in the woods snares ect.

I have had a book for years - ANIMAL TRAPS AND TRAPPING -Don't know if it is still in print. It has a few ideas for homemade traps for various animals, but it mostly about the history of trapping. I will check the author and publisher for you when I get home.

I used to trap in VT, many years ago. Fur Fish and Game magazine used to have lorts of info on trap sets and supliers, had lots of ads.

Herters is still around. They used to sell a variety of traps.

IF you are in Mass, there is a LOT you need to be aware of, the least of which is this:

CERTAIN TRAPS PROHIBITED
The only traps which may be used for the taking of fur-bearing mammals are cage or box type traps and common rat traps. Hancock and Bailey type cage traps may be used only when the trapper has been trained in their use, and may be used only for the taking of beaver. Common type rat traps may be used only for the taking of weasels.
Steel-jaw foothold traps, padded jaw traps,
body-gripping (Conibear) traps, snares, deadfalls, and any traps other than those specified above are PROHIBITED. Such traps may not be set, tended, used, or possessed in the field.

More here:

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/trapping/trapping_home.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom