• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trap shotgun - MP310 or Stevens 512

Hi All,

I'd like to pre-face my post saying that I already have a semi-auto 12 ga that I use for trap. It works fine but it shows it's age and a pain to clean...

I want a cheap (er) O/U trap gun. Always liked O/Us but can't afford a Beretta/Browning/etc... the budget here is no more that $700 (and that's a hard limit).

I handled the usual crop of Mossbergs, Remingtons and Winchesters pumps and semis and none struck me... none fit me right... and the budget won't allow for higher end makes even used...

So, after reading pages and pages, I narrowed it down to 2 options that received the most positive comments in terms of reliability and usability:

EAA/USSG MP310 Sporting aka Baikal aka Izh 27 (30" ported)

And

Stevens aka Savage 512 Sporting (28")

Both are not going to win any beauty contests, but, according to the internets are rather reliable.

Baikal looks like a better equipped version for less money, but require some TLC before shooting for the first time...

Also saw Lanber 2097 mentioned more than a few times, but it might be a tad over budget...

What say you?

Back
Top Bottom