• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trap Games???

Billsail

NES Member
Every Sunday morning I hear the local trap range down the street. This morning I heard something different. Seems each shooter was firing 3 rapid shots in succession. I haven't shot trap in years but when I did we would occasionally shoot doubles for fun. Are the machines capable of throwing triples? Is this some sort of new trap game, or maybe some kind of turkey shoot?

Are you sure it was Trap? There is no Trap machine or game that shoots "triples" that I know of. Singles or Doubles is it. What they could be doing is a game where you have two shooters on each station. If the first shooter misses, the second will shoot at the missed bird. Possibly they are shooting Doubles, and one guys missed...then the other guy shot - i.e. three shots? Just a thought.

I'm going to guess Adios (if you were hearing Andover that's definitely what it was).

Everyone gets on line at once from the 27. Three guns are up at a time - if the first shooter misses his bird, the second shooter gets a shot and then the third. If the second or third shooters hit the bird then everyone who missed is out. If the first shooter hits it, the next three guns are up and so on. It's a pretty fun game - that's what we did for the final game.

Sounds like Adios, or Protection.

Our Turkey Shoot (BTW, Congrats to NESer that won the title of Big Turkey! [laugh]) had a couple of rounds where "poaching" another shooter's target was ok - we had one prize bird come out and....bang bang bang bang! The fourth shot was the only one that hit it. [laugh]. Unfortunately, there was a limit of three shooters, so the kid's excellent shot was invalid. [sad]

There are many possibilities, most fun.

Back
Top Bottom