• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Transport BB Pistol in car

Did I read this right? You shoot bb pistols at trash on the passenger side floor of your car? Like.....while your sitting in your car?

That's what he said! [laugh]
I learned that when I was 10 shooting at tires in the back yard. A .177 BB coming back and hitting your lip stings a bit.[crying]

I did something similar around that age. My father had a .22 caliber bullet trap in the cellar that I used to shoot at a hockey puck with a BB gun. The BB came back and stung me on the neck just below my chin - ouch! [smile]

They look just like the real pistols they were made to look like.

What are the laws in Massachusetts to transport them in my car?

I don't know if I can carry them in the front passenger area or if I have to have them locked up in the trunk.

Basically I shoot them (sometimes) at trash in the front passenger floor mat area and sometimes I'll park my car in an abandoned area and shoot cans and trash with them.

I have a feeling that if I got pulled over for a traffic violation I'd have to let the officer know I have them in the car because they look so real.

I don't want to jeopardize my chances of getting a real LTC, so any feedback is much appreciated..

If you are talking about airsoft guns transport them in a soft or hard case. There is no need to lock them up.
You can transport them cased in plain sight. If asked by a LEO what is in the case respond "Airsoft" pistol or rifle.
If you are shooting them on wooded secluded public property put orange/red/pink tape on the tip. It will calm people who don't know.
Don't trespass on abandoned property. Get permission in writing.

Did I read this right? You shoot bb pistols at trash on the passenger side floor of your car? Like.....while your sitting in your car?
Haha, Exactly! OP you don't seem like the brightest bulb around. You should stick to making Youtube videos. The kind where you prank people by pretending to rob them with a fake machete. Its not a real machete after all.

Last edited:
Is an airsoft pistol the same as a BB gun?

I bought an airsoft pistol and it shot 6mm plastic bb’s powered by green gas

Where as

My bb pistol shoots 4.5mm bb’s powered by CO2

I know I can legally buy them because I’m over 18

I couldn’t find (online) any laws about transporting them

Because they look so real my assumptions are a PO will have a real issue if I get pulled over and don’t let them know I’ve got them in the car

This reminds me of a funny story:
I usually bring a bb or pellet gun with me when I fish to shoot pinecones, dirt clods, chipmunks or other targets of opportunity. I keep it in my trunk with my fishing gear. Shortly after I retired from the Air Force, I went on base to meet some of my old co workers. I got picked for a random vehicle inspection. I was talking to the gate guard, who I knew, when his guy inspecting my car calls out "Sarge, we've got a gun back here". I thought I had left a real gun in my trunk (happens) and was thinking I was in doo doo. Then I saw my crossman pellet gun and started arguing, that even Massachusetts doesn't consider it a gun. As we're arguing, the kid found a slingshot in my glove box (I get bored fishing, sue me) and the Sgt asked if I was 12. lol
After much arguing back and forth, they decided they'd just keep the pellet gun at the gate and I could pick it up when I left. I offered to leave them some ammo and CO2, but they figured they'd get in trouble.
I was reminded that I can't bring a gun on base, even if it is more of a toy than a weapon, and it isn't worth the hassle to bring a pellet gun on the base, even if it isn't breaking any rules, it's still enough to cause a hassle and wasted minutes out of everyone's life.
Good thing they never asked me to empty my pocket, lol.

I've bought a couple BB pistols over the last couple of months.

They look just like the real pistols they were made to look like.

What are the laws in Massachusetts to transport them in my car?

I don't know if I can carry them in the front passenger area or if I have to have them locked up in the trunk.

Basically I shoot them (sometimes) at trash in the front passenger floor mat area and sometimes I'll park my car in an abandoned area and shoot cans and trash with them.

I have a feeling that if I got pulled over for a traffic violation I'd have to let the officer know I have them in the car because they look so real.

I don't want to jeopardize my chances of getting a real LTC, so any feedback is much appreciated..

OP, If you don’t want to jeopardize on getting your LTC then I would leave your toy guns at the house. It seems your not responsible enough for a BB gun never mind a real one, who shoots at trash inside their vehicle? Why not just throw the trash away like a normal clean person.

Officer sees you in public holding a firearm inside your vehicle pointing at trash or whatever, they will rip you out put you in restraints and after finding out that it was fake. They will probably hit you with disturbing the peace.

Police get a call or see someone on some type of abandon property they will do the same thing but probably hit you with trespassing.

When you go for your interview for your ltc and see your record, and after you explain yourself to the licensing officer about your arrest. The supervisor will deny you with suitability.

Bottom line is leave them at the house and stop being lazy and clean your vehicle

Geez Mjl... I’m not quite sure with that judgment you should be getting your LTC... I mean, seriously... poor judgment all around. Shooting inside your car? Good way to chip a windshield from the inside. Shooting from inside the car to shoot trash outside? Geez man, you sound 12... at least, I think I was about 12 shooting at cans while riding bikes. What movie are you trying to reenact anyways?
Good way to have a BB come flying back and damage the car or cause physical injury. Irresponsible with BB guns, irresponsible towards his own car? He has absolutely no business with a real firearm under any circumstances!

Sounds a little bizarre for a 42 yo .I would expect this from an immature teenager but WTF? Why can't you get an LTC?
A couple of weeks ago this guy said he was 43, his profile says 42.
No mention of bb pistols in this other thread. Not a very consistent troll.
5BD6B6CC-8BFE-4F9D-9DDA-DD43F8FC6C1A.jpeg

its not a gun, so no laws whatsoever.

there might be some bullshit about youngsters having one unsupervised, so i would not leave on in the car with a young kid in there.

i would be more worried about some bad guy seeing it, thinking its a real gun, and smashing your window to get it

My birthday is in March so 42/43 years old

Whats a year when you’re in your 40’s

But you’re all right, seems immature and foolish

I just wanted to have another thing to do to fill my free time

Shooting trash inside your car just to kill some time? Questionable level of smarts right there. Go for a walk in the woods and shoot at tree stumps.

I got an old beat up airsoft pistol at a yard sale in Maine this past summer and when I get bored often shoot the plastic balls at random stuff in my kitchen. Sucks picking up those little balls so the wife won't bitch about them. Having admitted all that it WOULD be quite GAY to shoot at trash in my car with it.

Y’all are right. Seems pretty dumb on my part.

I may just stick to flying rc helicopters 🤣

its not a gun, so no laws whatsoever.

there might be some bullshit about youngsters having one unsupervised, so i would not leave on in the car with a young kid in there.

i would be more worried about some bad guy seeing it, thinking its a real gun, and smashing your window to get it
Only NJ and RI I think label them as firearms.

I got an old beat up airsoft pistol at a yard sale in Maine this past summer and when I get bored often shoot the plastic balls at random stuff in my kitchen. Sucks picking up those little balls so the wife won't bitch about them. Having admitted all that it WOULD be quite GAY to shoot at trash in my car with it.
You should get a Mister Jingles, and train him to fetch them.

1613339877146.png

I guess it does sound like a stupid question.

I’m going to remove them from my car. I can only see getting pulled over and having to explain why I got them.

It also does sound like something a teenager would do too. I’m probably too old to be doing this and I appreciate the feedback.

I haven’t tried getting an LTC yet but I think this could be an issue if I did try to get one.

It was never an issue until you said the quiet part out loud. Now that it's been said it can no longer be un-said.

In another life I had a 1959 Borgward sedan that had the floor so rotted out that you could see more thru it than thru the wind shield. The OP should cut out most of the floor and then will be able to cover the holes with targets. Jack.

Don't they have removable floor panels in Russian cars so they can be used with ice fishing? Maybe something like that.

the Spud Gun!
1613343282850.png

Back
Top Bottom