• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Transport BB Pistol in car

Mjl

I've bought a couple BB pistols over the last couple of months.

They look just like the real pistols they were made to look like.

What are the laws in Massachusetts to transport them in my car?

I don't know if I can carry them in the front passenger area or if I have to have them locked up in the trunk.

Basically I shoot them (sometimes) at trash in the front passenger floor mat area and sometimes I'll park my car in an abandoned area and shoot cans and trash with them.

I have a feeling that if I got pulled over for a traffic violation I'd have to let the officer know I have them in the car because they look so real.

I don't want to jeopardize my chances of getting a real LTC, so any feedback is much appreciated..

I don't know if I can carry them in the front passenger area or if I have to have them locked up in the trunk.

Basically I shoot them (sometimes) at trash in the front passenger floor mat area and sometimes I'll park my car in an abandoned area and shoot cans and trash with them.

I have a feeling that if I got pulled over for a traffic violation I'd have to let the officer know I have them in the car because they look so real.

I don't want to jeopardize my chances of getting a real LTC, so any feedback is much appreciated..
1. Stop shooting real looking bb pistols in abandoned areas.

2. You've answered your own question on transporting them. You know they look real.....so why would you drive around with them in the driver area....legal or not?

You say your worried about your ability to get an ltc later.....but clearly your not that concerned with your actions.

Shoot by guns on private property with pwrmission... or a Range.

Keep the bb guns out of sight when driving around with them.

Did I read this right? You shoot bb pistols at trash on the passenger side floor of your car? Like.....while your sitting in your car?

You shoot it inside your car? You'll shoot your eye out!

Jesus.. Side note I have a Uramex Gen 4 Glock bb pistol for sale with 2 mags pm if interested will let go cheap😭😭

Gee if you are worried and had to ask , dont do it.
Im not sure it can stick but having a BB gun under seat could be a concealed weapon charge waiting to happen. ?
i would guess shooting on random property is fine until someone calls the police. i shoot my air rifles in the woods around my area. A handful of times someone will call the police.
Now my dads voice is coming through
Stop being a idiot. Buy a cheap tool box to put your BB pistols in .

Drive around with the BB pistol in your lap. When you see a cop car speed right by him, you know to get his attention. When he puts on the blue courtesy lights pull over to have a meaningful conversation on the side of the road. As the police officer approaches your car, put on your #ThugLife mask to protect the officer from covid, hang your BB pistol out the window to let the cop know you love BB pistols and want to have a meaningful dialog about BB pistols. Hilarity ensues. You might not have an LTC BUT and this is important, you can have a top slot in the 2021 Darwin awards, maybe even take the prize.

Geez Mjl... I’m not quite sure with that judgment you should be getting your LTC... I mean, seriously... poor judgment all around. Shooting inside your car? Good way to chip a windshield from the inside. Shooting from inside the car to shoot trash outside? Geez man, you sound 12... at least, I think I was about 12 shooting at cans while riding bikes. What movie are you trying to reenact anyways?

I guess it does sound like a stupid question.

I’m going to remove them from my car. I can only see getting pulled over and having to explain why I got them.

It also does sound like something a teenager would do too. I’m probably too old to be doing this and I appreciate the feedback.

I haven’t tried getting an LTC yet but I think this could be an issue if I did try to get one.

Toss them on your dash to expedite the eventual ending to this foolish post. Who in their right mind would shoot anything in the vehicle they are operating “You’ll shoot yer eye out!”

Just to throw gas on the fire, you could get one of these. It does look like fun though.

Some of them ricochet and hit the guy, so glasses or "you will put your eye out."

Having one on the front seat would give you a better than average chance of getting drawn on by LE.

Full auto BB gun

What in the actual hell? So are you the a**h*** in Ware, Ma that shot my truck with a BB gun in the Wal-Mart parking lot a few weeks ago?

Sounds a little mental to be shooting trash on your floor board. You probably shouldn't have an LTC dude. I know if you were in a car next to me drawing a gun on trash in your passenger seat you might meet your maker, nevermind what a cop would do. Airguns are considered dangerous weapons in this state when you brandish them or point them at someone, putting 1 in your forehead would be completely justified. Arresting you for felony assault with a dangerous weapon would be also, and you wouldn't have to actually point it, someone would just have to think you did.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom